Flights from Mumbai to Chennai onFare Calendar
Book Low-Cost Mumbai-Chennai Flight Tickets @ Cleartrip
Do you plan to visit Chennai soon to visit your family or friends or for business? You can get the best offers and discounts for a Mumbai Chennai flight at Cleartrip.
When you book a flight ticket from Mumbai to Chennai with us, you get the best deals on domestic flights. By availing our latest special offer before 30 September 2020, you can get a cashback of Rs 1500on your flight ticket.
Go to the Cleartrip mobile app to book a Mumbai Chennai flight ticket, and before making your payment, enter the CT2020 code.
Don’t miss out on this attractive offer and book cheap airline tickets via Cleartrip before 30 September 2020.
Booking a Mumbai Chennai flight through Cleartrip comes with its fair share of benefits.
Our customer team is available 24*7 for assistance. If you require any information about your booked flight, you can get it by entering your email id and trip id. We also have attractive referral and rewards program.
Moreover, cancellation and refund is made easy through Cleartrip, and you can do it in a matter of a few seconds. So, if you want the cheapest Mumbai to Chennai flights, Cleartrip is the best place to book cheap flight ticket.
Mumbai to Chennai Flight Connectivity
Since a wide number of domestic flight carriers ply on this route, the options are many when booking Mumbai to Chennai flights. You can choose to fly with SpiceJet, GoAir, Vistara, or Indigo to reach Chennai Mumbai.
- Direct Flights from Mumbai to Chennai
- Connecting flights from Mumbai to Chennai
- All the major carriers offer connecting flights from Mumbai to Chennai with layovers lasting from a mere 2.5 hours to 20 hours even. Bangalore is the most popular location for a halt, where the layover time can last between 2.5 and 5.5 hours. The longest layovers come with Vistara flights which often stop at New Delhi for 5 hours, then taking another 5 to reach Chennai. Other carriers offering connecting flights on this route include SpiceJet, AirAsia, and IndiGo.
The average flights fare from Mumbai to Chennai is between ₹ 4005* to ₹ 11881*. To get the cheapest rates for a Mumbai to Chennai flights ticket, you should book a month or 2 weeks in advance at least.
Tips For Mumbai to Chennai Flight Travellers
After booking an air ticket from Mumbai to Chennai, you should follow the below-mentioned tips as you arrive at the airport for your scheduled flight. Remember, travel guidelines are subject to change.
General Traveller Tips
- To catch the cheapest flights from Mumbai to Chennai, you should book a month ahead.
- Arrive at the airport at least 2 hours early.
- Before entering the airport, get ready to produce your documents and get them checked by the security personnel. These include your identification card and the soft or hard copy of your Mumbai Chennai flight ticket.
- Check to see if you can use your credit card to access lounge facilities at the airport.
- Do check in your email confirmation about the terminal from where your flight will depart.
- All passengers arriving at Mumbai Airport must wear masks and gloves.
- Do install the 'Arogya Setu' app on your phone beforehand.
- All passengers need to do web check 48 hours and 60 min ahead of the flight departure.
- Also download, print and attach baggage tags with your luggage.
- Carry only one handbag and one check-in luggage. This policy may change soon.
- You will need to undergo thermal screening at the airport.
- You can board the flight from Mumbai only if you are fit to fly.
- Passengers arriving at Chennai will need to follow a mandatory 14-day home quarantine.
- If you are found to be symptomatic, you will be institutionally quarantined.
- If you are on a business trip and only plan to stay in the state for 48 hours or less, you won’t need to undergo quarantine provided you can show proof of your return journey.
- To fly to Chennai, you must register yourself on the state website and get Tamil Nadu e-pass in order to travel to Chennai.
- Do check the latest Covid guidelines for domestic flyers for any changes.
- Train: While travelling via train to catch a Mumbai Chennai flight, you can get down at Ghatkopar, Ville Parle, or Andheri railways station. From there, you will need to hire a cab or an auto-rickshaw to reach the airport. Mumbai local trains are extremely crowded on working days, so you should plan ahead.
- Bus: You can catch buses run by The Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport company from different areas in the city to the airport. Bus no 321 will get you to the airport from Vile Parle East while number 308 will take you there from Andheri East Railway Station.
- Cab: You can book a cab run by Ola or Uber from anywhere in the city in order to reach the airport. The journey will take you close to an hour, but due to traffic congestion, it can get extended to 2 hours or more.
- Auto Rickshaws: Auto-rickshaws in Mumbai only operate in the suburbs, so if you are travelling from there, you can catch a cheap ride.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International airport, previously known as Sahar International Airport, is the main airport for the biggest city in India, Mumbai and it one of the busiest airports in India in terms of passenger traffic. Named after the legendary Maratha ruler Chhatrapati Shivaji, it covers an area of 1850 acres and is the biggest domestic and international airport in India. Being a major airline hub in South Asia, it handles more than half the air traffic in the region.
Mumbai Airport is located in the suburban areas of Sahar and Santacruz in Mumbai. It lies 21.4 km away from Marine Drive and 18.5 km from the city centre. Flight carriers such as IndiGo, AirAsia, GoAir, and Spicejet regularly operate flights from Mumbai to Chennai.
- Mumbai Airport Address: Sahar, Andheri East. Mumbai, Maharashtra 400029, INDIA
- Connectivity: Mumbai airport is well-connected to the rest of the city, so you can easily reach it after booking Mumbai Chennai flight cheapest. City buses take passengers from suburban and central Mumbai to the airport. The nearest railway station is Andheri East(5Km), and you can also reach there via auto-rickshaws and cabs.
- Terminals: Currently, there are two terminals in Mumbai Airport namely Terminal T1 and Terminal T2. Terminal T1 is for domestic passengers, so if you have booked a Mumbai Chennai flight cheapest, you’ll probably need to arrive at this terminal. Terminal 2, on the other hands, sees both domestic and international flights.
Terminal 1 features an X-shaped building lying opposite the 5-star Sahara Starhotel. After the airport authorities shifted international flight operations to Terminal 2, this terminal became the chief centre for Mumbai to Chennai flights.
This terminal has undergone several refurbishments over the years and was once divided into three terminals from the late 90s to early 2000s period. Flight carrier like Jet Airways, IndiGo, GoAir, and SpiceJet have always operated here, but after Jet Airways was dissolved in 2019, the authorities some of the flights from the then terminal 1B to T2.
In January 2017, the Mumbai International Airport Limited changed the name of this terminal to T1 so that fliers can easily identify it. Generally, if you have booked a flight from Mumbai to Chennai, you must board it from Terminal 1.
T2 is an X-shaped terminal spread across four floors and handles flights carrying international and domestic passengers both. It features a central processing building with boarding gates situated on a couple of piers.
Here there are 60 immigration counters and 192 check-in counters for passengers departing from Mumbai. So, you will always find a check-in counter where you can submit your cabin baggage before travelling on a Mumbai to Chennai cheap flight.
While airlines like SpiceJet, GoAir, and IndiGo still run their operations from the older terminal, Air India conducts them from T2 since 2015, so if you’ve booked a Mumbai to Chennai flight ticket for Air India, you might need to arrive at T2.
If you arrive at Terminal 2 by car, you will be routed to the Multi-Level Car Park where you can park your vehicle by paying ₹140 for 30 minutes. To the west of Terminal 2, lies the Air Cargo Complex, which can handle five aircraft at a time?
About Chennai Airport
Chennai international airport is the third-busiest in the country in terms of cargo capacity and international traffic. It is well-connected to the city via the Tirusulam railways station and the Chennai metro so you can easily reach your destination after arriving on a Mumbai to Chennai cheap flight.
Covering an area of 1323 acres, Chennai International airport has three terminals with one for cargo and the remaining two for domestic and international flight operations.
The airport is located on Grand Southern Trunk Rd, Meenambakkam, Chennai. The city centre lies 21 Km away from the city centre and 16 km away from the Chennai Railway station.
Chennai Airport Facilities: You can visit one of the cafes and restaurants if you need refreshments. The Chennai Airport offers wheelchair services that disabled people can use after they arrive here on a Mumbai Chennai flight cheapest. Both the terminals also have ATMs where you can withdraw cash from.
While at this airport, you can log in to the Wi-Fi portal using your mobile phone number and use it for 45 minutes at a stretch. Medical assistance is available, if anyone needs it. For children, there are special child-care rooms.
If you require assistance with your Mumbai to Chennai flights ticket, you can always visit the information centre at the airport. More facilities at Chennai airport include duty free shops, conference rooms, tourist and railway information booths, currency exchange, smoking zones, baggage wrapping, self check-in and more.
Getting Out of Chennai Airport: After paying the flights to fare from Mumbai to Chennai, you will arrive at the Chennai airport from where you can catch MTC buses to reach the city centre.
Prepaid taxi booths are present at the airport, and you can book a taxi from there and reach the city centre within 50 minutes. Your best option to get out of the airport is probably via metro, with the Chennai Airport Metro Station located close by.
Places to Visit in Chennai
Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu, is not only home to several tourist spots but is rich in ancient history and art that will make paying the Mumbai Chennai flight fare worth it. With its colonial architecture and majestic temples, the city has a completely different way of life.
Here, you will find the famous Marina beach, where thousands of tourists flock every year to catch a glimpse of the Indian Ocean. Other attractions in the city include the old market of George Town, Elliot’s Beach, Parthasarathy Temple, the great monument of Valluvar Kottam, Fort St. George, Prakasam Salai, Guindy National Park, etc.
The price of a Mumbai to Chennai flight ticket varies between a minimum ₹ 4005 or up to ₹ 11881.
Information of Mumbai Chennai Flight
|Aerial distance||1031 KM|
|Total flights from Mumbai to Chennai in a week||325 flights|
|First Flight||GoAir 305 , departs at 05:50 AM|
|Last Flight||JetLite 4490 , departs at 10:35 PM|
|Popular Airlines from Mumbai to Chennai||GoAir, Air India, IndiGo, SpiceJet, and JetLite|
|Shortest Time of flights from Mumbai to Chennai||01h 55m|
|Airport codes flights from Mumbai to Chennai||Mumbai-BOM,Chennai-MAA|
|Time of Mumbai to Chennai flights||02h 05m|
Mumbai Chennai Cheap Flights
|Mumbai Chennai Cheap Flights||Fare ₹||Airlines Name||Date of journey||Timings|
|Cheapest Fare within 30 days||₹4005*||GoAir||20/09/2020||07:09 PM-09:09 PM||Book Now|
|Cheapest Fare within 90 Days||₹1978*||GoAir||25/11/2020||05:09 AM-07:09 AM||Book Now|
|Lowest Fare to Travel||₹1978*||GoAir||25/11/2020||05:09 AM-07:09 AM||Book Now|
Mumbai Chennai Flights Timings & Other Info
|Flight timings||GoAir||IndiGo||Air India||SpiceJet||Vistara||Air Asia|
|Early Morning (12 AM to 8 AM)||39||0||3||4||0||30|
|Morning ( 8 AM to 12 PM)||0||1||23||29||10||0|
|After Noon ( 12 PM to 4 PM)||0||20||0||1||0||0|
|Evening ( 4 PM to 8 PM)||12||12||0||12||18||9|
|Night ( 8 PM to 12 AM)||0||8||23||0||17||0|
|Baggage Details ( Check in )||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's|
Hotels In Chennai
FAQ about Mumbai to Chennai Flights
How much time will it take to fly from Mumbai to Chennai via direct flight?
The direct Mumbai to Chennai cheap flights take about 1 hour and 55 minutes.
What is the aerial distance from Mumbai to Chennai?
The aerial distance covered by a Mumbai Chennai flight is around 1033 km.
What is the average Mumbai Chennai flight fare?
The average Mumbai to Chennai flight fare is between ₹ 4005* to ₹ 11881*.
What is today’s cheapest Mumbai Chennai flight fare?
The lowest Mumbai Chennai flight ticket price for today is ₹ 4005*.
Which are the most popular airlines from Mumbai to Chennai?
The most popular airlines for Mumbai to Chennai flights are IndiGo, Air India, AirAsia, Vistara, SpiceJet, and Go Air.
Can I book cheap flights from Mumbai to Chennai on Cleartrip?
With Cleartrip, you get the best deals and the cheapest flights from Mumbai to Chennai. By booking through the mobile app, you can enter the CT2020 code and get a cashback of up to ₹ 1500*, provided you book before 30 September 2020.
Can I cancel Mumbai Chennai flight ticket booked via Cleartrip?
Cancelling tickets is made hassle-free through Cleartrip. You can easily do it via our mobile app or website without getting into any complicated processes. If you require any help with your Mumbai Chennai flight booking or cancellation, our customer care team will assist you.
What is the best time to visit Chennai for holidaying?
Chennai is known for its hot and sweltering climate and the best time to visit this city is during the winter months between November and February when the climate is pleasant. So, you should book your flight ticket from Mumbai to Chennai accordingly.
How soon should I book to avail the cheapest Mumbai to Chennai flights ticket?
To get the cheapest rates on Mumbai to Chennai flights, you should book a month or two in advance.
How can I get the cheapest flights from Mumbai to Chennai?
To get the cheapest flight ticket from Mumbai to Chennai, you should book through Cleartrip to avail the best offers and deals on airfare. You can also pick a budget airline and book a few months ahead.
Mumbai to Chennai Flights Reviews
Most popular routes from Mumbai
- Mumbai Kolkata Flights
- Mumbai Dubai Flights
- Mumbai Jaipur Flights
- Mumbai Ahmedabad Flights
- Mumbai Lucknow Flights
- Mumbai Hyderabad Flights
- Mumbai Chandigarh Flights
- Mumbai Varanasi Flights
- Mumbai Nagpur Flights
- Mumbai Udaipur Flights
- Mumbai Patna Flights
- Mumbai Singapore Flights
- Mumbai Mangalore Flights
- Mumbai Bangkok Flights
- Mumbai Indore Flights
- Mumbai Raipur Flights
- Mumbai Jodhpur Flights
- Mumbai Bhopal Flights
- Mumbai Dehradun Flights
- Mumbai Bhubaneswar Flights
- Mumbai Rajkot Flights
- Mumbai Guwahati Flights
- Mumbai Ranchi Flights
- Mumbai Jammu Flights
- Mumbai Paris Flights
- Mumbai Aurangabad Flights
- Mumbai Tirupati Flights
- Mumbai New York Flights
- Mumbai Cochin Flights
- Mumbai Trivandrum Flights
More Flights To Chennai
- Pune Chennai Flights
- Hyderabad Chennai Flights
- Kolkata Chennai Flights
- Coimbatore Chennai Flights
- Madurai Chennai Flights
- Bangalore Chennai Flights
- Singapore Chennai Flights
- Ahmedabad Chennai Flights
- London Chennai Flights
- Trivandrum Chennai Flights
- Jaipur Chennai Flights
- Goa Chennai Flights
- Guwahati Chennai Flights
- Indore Chennai Flights
- Vijayawada Chennai Flights
- Cochin Chennai Flights
- Patna Chennai Flights
- Lucknow Chennai Flights
- Chandigarh Chennai Flights
- Bhubaneswar Chennai Flights
- New Delhi Chennai Flights
- Kuwait Chennai Flights
- Doha Chennai Flights
- Visakhapatnam Chennai Flights
- Mangalore Chennai Flights
- Abu Dhabi Chennai Flights
- Colombo Chennai Flights
- Dhaka Chennai Flights
- Muscat Chennai Flights
- Calicut Chennai Flights