Kolkata to Mumbai Flights
Cheap Flights from Kolkata to Mumbai
Flight tickets from Kolkata to Mumbai ( 20 flights found )
Kolkata to Mumbai flights
Mumbai, previously known as Bombay is the capital of Maharashtra is a cosmopolitan city with an age-old culture. It is also popular for Hindi film-industry or Bollywood . On the other hand, Kolkata, also known as Calcutta, is popular for its colonial buildings and unique charm. While planning to travel to Mumbai from Kolkata, you can travel by train or flight but air travel is considered the most convenient option for this route.
Travelling From Kolkata to Mumbai by Plane
- Thousands of people travel from Kolkata to Mumbai every year.
- The best time to visit Mumbai is from October to March.
- How far is Kolkata to Mumbai - 1036 miles / 1668 km
- Kolkata to Mumbai flight duration is 2h 50mins
- There are more than 140 flights a week between Kolkata and Mumbai.
- There are 5 airlines that have direct Kolkata to Mumbai flights.
- Both non-stop and connecting flights are available.
Most Reliable Airlines for Kolkata to Mumbai Route
The most reliable and preferred airlines to fly between Kolkata and Mumbai are Jet Airways, IndiGo, and Air India, owing to their on-time arrivals.
Best-Rated Airlines for the Route
The best-rated airlines for the Kolkata to Mumbai route based on the travellers’ ratings are IndiGo, Jet Airways, GoAir, and Air India.
Kolkata is situated at an elevation of around 9 m from sea level. Covering an area around 185 sq km, the city was the capital of British Empire until the year 1911. Kolkata has a monsoon climate with the maximum average temperature of 34 degree Celsius and the minimum average temperature of 24 degree Celsius. The city has one airport, which is known as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport and located 17 km from central Kolkata.
The currency of both Kolkata and Mumbai is Indian Rupees so there is no need to exchange currency.
The cost of living in Kolkata is 73,499.09 INR per month for a family for 4, without rent.
Mode of payments accepted in Kolkata are cash, credit cards, debit cards, Paytm, Jio money, bank transfer, bank cheques.
Best places to visit in Kolkata are Fort William, Victoria Memorial, Belur Math, Indian Museum, Science City, Tajpur, Howrah Bridge, Mother House, Marble Palace Mansion, etc.
Mumbai, surrounded by the Arabian Sea is situated at a height of 14 m from sea level. The home to world’s expensive house, Mumbai consists of seven islands, where were inhabited by Portuguese until the 16th century. The city is known to be humid all through the year. During summers the maximum temperature stays around 39°C and the minimum temperature is around at 26°C. It experiences monsoons from June to September. During the winters, temperature is between 18°C and 28°C. The city is served by the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.
One does not need to exchange currency while travelling between the two cities.
Cost of living in Mumbai is high with monthly cost for a single person around 24,326.19 INR.
All modes of payment are accepted in Mumbai be it cash, credit or debit cards, e-wallets, such as Paytm, Jio Money, and also bank transfer and bank checks.
Some must visit places in Mumbai are Gateway of India, High court, Juhu Beach, Nariman Point, Marine Drive, Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus, etc.
Find the Cheapest Month to Travel from Kolkata to Mumbai
Cheapest airfare for Kolkata to Mumbai is generally available in August.
How to compare and get the best flights from Kolkata to Mumbai?
Follow the tips given below to find the cheapest Kolkata to Mumbai flight tickets–
- After you have chosen the date journey, pick a reliable ‘comparison’ site to check almost all the offers by various airlines from which you can select easily.
- Before you begin your search for Kolkata to Mumbai air ticket clear the internet cookies or the small text files stored in your computer. This will ensure better results for Kolkata to Mumbai air ticket.
- The cheapest flight on an average can be found 60 days prior to departure or at least 3 weeks before the departure.
- Avoid travelling in the months of May, June and July if you are travelling to Mumbai. Airfare is extremely high during these months.
- You must also subscribe to fare alerts so that you stay abreast with the lowest rate of flight tickets as soon as they are available.
What you need to know before flying from Kolkata to Mumbai?
The Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International (NSCBI) Airport serving the Kolkata Metropolitan Region is one of the prominent airports in India. It is around 15 km from the city centre. The NSCBI Airport effectively connects the central Kolkata by means of different modes of transport. Cabs and city transports are easily available to travel to and from the airport. You can also book a private vehicle, prepaid taxicabs, radio taxis, and yellow Kolkata taxis are additionally accessible at the air terminal. Metro train is also available.
Travellers can get a host of facilities at the Kolkata Airport. Some of them are facilities for disabled travellers, baby care facilities, luggage storage assistance, free Wi-Fi, ATMs, car parking spots, car rentals and many more.
The Chhatrapati Shivaji International (CSI) Airport is one of the busiest and largest airports in the nation. Transport counters at the airport facilitate making a trip to and from the CSI Airport easy. Metered cabs, shuttle service, uber, radio taxi and auto-rickshaws are effortlessly accessible close to the air terminal.
The CSI Airport terminal houses a few lounges such as the Pranaam GVK Lounge, CIP Lounge, and Loyalty Lounge at the International terminal and the Carnations Lounge at the domestic one. It also offers childcare rooms, 24 hour emergency services; free Wi-Fi, meeting room, praying room, bookshops, cafes, restaurants, shopping outlets, etc.
Information of Kolkata Mumbai Flight
|Aerial distance||1663 KM|
|Total flights from Kolkata to Mumbai in a week||138 flights|
|First Flight||Jet Airways 622 , departs at 1:45 AM|
|Last Flight||IndiGo 961 , departs at 9:30 AM|
|Cheapest flights from Kolkata to Mumbai||₹3522*|
|Popular Airlines from Kolkata to Mumbai||Jet Airways, IndiGo, SpiceJet, Air India, and GoAir|
|Shortest Time of flights from Kolkata to Mumbai||02h 35m|
|Airport codes flights from Kolkata to Mumbai||Kolkata-CCU,Mumbai-BOM|
|Time of Kolkata to Mumbai flights||3h 35min|
Kolkata Mumbai Cheap Flights
|Kolkata Mumbai Cheap Flights||Fare INR||Airlines Name||Date of journey||Timings|
|Cheapest Fare within 30 days||₹3663*||IndiGo||12/06/2018||10:05 PM-05:05 AM||Book Now|
|Cheapest Fare within 90 Days||₹3522*||SpiceJet||20/07/2018||07:05 AM-10:05 AM||Book Now|
|Lowest Fare to Travel||₹3522*||SpiceJet||20/07/2018||07:05 AM-10:05 AM||Book Now|
Kolkata Mumbai Flights Timings & Other Info
|Flight timings||GoAir||IndiGo||Air India||Jet Airways||SpiceJet||Vistara|
|Early Morning (12 AM to 8 AM)||0||28||0||77||63||24|
|Morning ( 8 AM to 12 PM)||0||4||62||8||0||0|
|After Noon ( 12 PM to 4 PM)||0||1||0||1||0||0|
|Evening ( 4 PM to 8 PM)||6||34||26||2||25||15|
|Night ( 8 PM to 12 AM)||82||21||0||0||0||49|
|Baggage Details ( Check in )||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's|
Things To Do in Mumbai
Hotels In Mumbai
|Star Hotels in Mumbai||5 star hotels in Mumbai, 4 star hotels in Mumbai, 3 star hotels in Mumbai, 2 star hotels in Mumbai 1 star hotels in Mumbai|
|Property Types in Mumbai||boutique hotels, bed & breakfast, guest houses, heritage hotels, resorts, service apartments|
|Locality||Dahisar East, Domestic Airport, Gorai, Goregaon, Jogeshwari (West)|
Kolkata Airport Details
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
- Airport Director
- 91-33-25119977,91-33-2511 9020 (R)
Mumbai Airport Details
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
- Sahar Rd
- 022 6685 1010
- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which airlines fly most frequently between Kolkata and Mumbai? Jet Airways, Etihad Airways, and Virgin Atlantic fly most frequently from Kolkata to Mumbai.
- How far is Kolkata from Mumbai? Kolkata to Mumbai is 1036 miles / 1668 km.
- What is the average price of flight from Kolkata to Mumbai? The average airfare on this route is INR 4000-5000 or more depending on time of booking.
- How long does it take to fly from Kolkata to Mumbai? The average time for Kolkata to Mumbai by air is 2 hour and 50 minutes.
- Which is the best time to fly between Kolkata to Mumbai? October to March is the best to fly between Kolkata and Mumbai.
- How many flights are there in a week from Kolkata to Mumbai? There are about 140 flights a week from Kolkata to Mumbai.
- Do I need a passport to travel between Kolkata to Mumbai? No, if you are an Indian national.
- Which airlines operate commonly from Kolkatta to Mumbai? Jet Airways, IndiGo, SpiceJet, Air India and GoAir fly frequently on this route.