Kolkata (CCU) Port Blair (IXZ) Flight Schedule
Find Cheapest Air Fares for flights from Kolkata to Port Blair
Kolkata to Port Blair Flight Schedule ( 6 flights found )
Air travel is one of the most convenient routes to choose. It’s safe, it’s fast, and it’s comfortable. All major cities in India are well-connected with each other by the air route. And, traveling between them has become a matter of just a few hours.
A major concern with flights earlier was the ticket booking procedure. But with digitalization, this process has now become easy. Cleartrip goes a step further to offer a quick, simple, and hassle-free ticket booking experience to its customers. It has a user-friendly interface to ensure that your flight tickets are ready in just a few clicks!
If you are planning to travel from Kolkata to Port Blair, then air route is what you should choose. Here’s all the information you need to know.
The nearest airport here is Vir Savarkar International Airport with an IATA code IXZ.While in Port Blair, enjoy a comfortable stay at Sea Shell , Sentinel or Sea Princess These are some of the top hotels in Port Blair. Hotel Shompen , Hotel Haywizz and The North Reef are located near the Vir Savarkar International Airport airport.
Between Kolkata and Port Blair, 6 airlines are operational In a week, around 42 flights travel from Kolkata to Port Blair The travel duration between these cities in a non-stop flight is usually around 02:05:00. Kolkata to Port Blair flights will cost you a minimum of ₹ 4429. This may extend up to ₹ 28700. Worry not! As you may enjoy a number of domestic flight booking offers exclusive for Cleartrip customers!
Cleartrip ensures a hassle-free travel experience for its customers. With its PNR status check, Web check-in facility, and customer support, you may rest assured of a pleasurable travel
So, simply book a flight and be at ease while we land you to your destination!
About Kolkata (CCU)
Kolkata, the capital of West Bengal, is known for its colonial architecture, cultural festivals and art galleries. Also, referred as the ‘City of Joy’, Kolkata will charm you with its old world heritage and culture.
With a rich historic legacy, Kolkata’s importance to the country remains undiminished to this day. The city is a celebration of Bengali culture, but it is also a hub of commerce and industry. Recently, Kolkata has emerged as the nucleus of the IT industry in the state and is home to several leading national and multi-national IT companies. The city also has a lot to offer to those who are on the lookout for entertainment and leisure.
Kolkata is easily accessible and well connected not just with other cities in the country, but with various international locations, as it is home to the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International (NSCBI) Airport. Located in the Dum Dum region, the airport is roughly 15 km from the city center. The Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International (NSCBI) Airport is one of the busiest airports in India in terms of passenger traffic. The airport features only a single integrated terminal for all the flights and it is referred to as Terminal 2.
It is easy to access the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International (NSCBI) Airport as it is well connected by local transport. Buses ply at regular intervals between the airport and other areas. You can even use the special luxury bus services that ply between the airport and the city. If you prefer private transport, you can book a pre-paid cab, radio cab or Kolkata’s famous yellow cabs.
Be wary in case you are traveling to Kolkata during the monsoon season, as the Dum Dum area experiences bad weather that affects flight schedules.
About Port Blair (IXZ)
Port Blair is a small port town with a historic past and a tourist haven of today. Situated in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Port Blair is the perfect geographic getaway. The Andaman Islands are a small group of islands in the Andaman Sea. For many tourists this is the perfect destination for honeymooning and holidaying, as it is peaceful and blessed with a pleasant climate, lush green landscape, and beautiful sandy beaches that are surrounded by crystal clear waters and beautiful coral formations.
Port Blair is ideal for tourists looking for adventure, tranquility, or romance as you can find it all here. You can dive in the waters of Port Blair, swim through some of the best coral reefs, and experience snorkeling or scuba diving. In case you want to have a lazy relaxing holiday, head to the Jolly Buoy, an untouched stretch of white sand. This tropical island will not disappoint the shoppers either. There are extravagant markets filled with some takeaway souvenirs, handicrafts, traditional clothing, and sea shells.
Port Blair may be in the midst of the ocean, but it is connected via the Veer Savarkar International Airport (IXZ), also known as the Port Blair Airport, which located roughly 2 km south of the city. It is the primary airport that connects the Andaman and Nicobar Islands to the other parts of the country. There is only one terminal at the Veer Savarkar International Airport and it handles all domestic flights.
It is easy to travel to and from the airport, as taxi services and car rentals are easily available. Buses also ply from the airport to other locations.
Flight delays and cancellations are fairly common as the islands experience frequent rains throughout the year.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which airline brands fly from Kolkata to Port Blair? These airline brands fly from Kolkata to Port Blair - Jet Airways, Air India, IndiGo, GoAir, Vistara Airlines, and SpiceJet
- How many weekly flights from Kolkata to Port Blair? There are 42 weekly flights from Kolkata to Port Blair. Following airlines and corresponding weekly flights - Jet Airways has 7, Air India has 7, IndiGo has 7, GoAir has 7, Vistara Airlines has 7, and SpiceJet has 7
- When does the first flight leave from Kolkata? The first flight from Kolkata to Port Blair is at 5:25 AM, which is Jet Airways airline 2263 followed by Air India 787 which leaves at 5:40 AM.
- When does the last flight leave from Kolkata? The last flight from Kolkata to Port Blair is at 12:10 PM which is SpiceJet.
- What is the airport code of Kolkata and Port Blair? Airport code of Kolkata is CCU and Port Blair is IXZ.
- What is the name of the airport in Kolkata? The name of the primary airport in Kolkata is Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport.
- What is the name of the airport in Port Blair? The name of the primary airport in Port Blair is Vir Savarkar International Airport.
- What is the approximate price of flying from Kolkata to Port Blair? Kolkata to Port Blair flights cost between ₹ 4429 and ₹ 28700 .
- How much time does it take to reach from Kolkata to Port Blair in a non-stop flight? A non-stop flight takes around 02:05:00 to reach from Kolkata to Port Blair.
- What are some good options to stay at Port Blair? When in Port Blair, you may stay at Sea Shell , Sentinel or Sea Princess
- Which hotels are located near the Port Blair airport? Some of the top hotels near Port Blair airport are Hotel Shompen , Hotel Haywizz and The North Reef
Kolkata Airport Details
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
- "Airport Director
- 91-33-25119977,91-33-2511 9020 (R)