Chennai (MAA) Port Blair (IXZ) Flight Schedule
Find Cheapest Air Fares for flights from Chennai to Port Blair
Chennai to Port Blair Flight Schedule ( 6 flights found )
Air travel is one of the most convenient routes to choose. It’s safe, it’s fast, and it’s comfortable. All major cities in India are well-connected with each other by the air route. And, traveling between them has become a matter of just a few hours.
A major concern with flights earlier was the ticket booking procedure. But with digitalization, this process has now become easy. Cleartrip goes a step further to offer a quick, simple, and hassle-free ticket booking experience to its customers. It has a user-friendly interface to ensure that your flight tickets are ready in just a few clicks!
If you are planning to travel from Chennai to Port Blair, then air route is what you should choose. Here’s all the information you need to know.
The nearest airport here is Vir Savarkar International Airport with an IATA code IXZ.While in Port Blair, enjoy a comfortable stay at Sea Shell , Sentinel or Sea Princess These are some of the top hotels in Port Blair. Jazeera Resort , Fortune Resort Bay Island and Hotel Shompen are located near the Vir Savarkar International Airport airport.
Between Chennai and Port Blair, 5 airlines are operational In a week, around 39 flights travel from Chennai to Port Blair The travel duration between these cities in a non-stop flight is usually around 02:05:00. Chennai to Port Blair flights will cost you a minimum of ₹ 3840. This may extend up to ₹ 54560. Worry not! As you may enjoy a number of domestic flight booking offers exclusive for Cleartrip customers!
Cleartrip ensures a hassle-free travel experience for its customers. With its PNR status check, Web check-in facility, and customer support, you may rest assured of a pleasurable travel
So, simply book a flight and be at ease while we land you to your destination!
About Chennai (MAA)
Chennai, the capital of Tamil Nadu, is one of the major cultural, industrial, economic and commercial centers of Southern India. Also known as the ‘Detroit of India’, Chennai has long been underrated and overlooked by travelers, but this city has a lot to offer in terms of tradition, culture and history.
The old-school charm of this city is still intact as locals take great pride in their culture. Although the rapid economic growth in the city has given rise to a vibrant cosmopolitan culture, Chennai is best experienced through the charm of its museums, temples, and narrow bazaars. When in Chennai it is a must to enjoy a play or musical recital as this experience will stay with you forever.
Chennai witnesses a deluge of both domestic and international tourists because of both its commerce and culture. The Chennai International Airport (MAA) is situated at Tirisulam. It is the third-busiest Indian airport in terms of cargo movement and international passenger traffic after Delhi and Mumbai airports. The Chennai International Airport is divided into the Kamaraj Terminal and Anna Terminal that handle domestic and international arrivals and departures, respectively.
Chennai Airport is easily accessible from several locations as it is well connected by both public and private transport. Many buses ply between the airport and several business districts. Additionally, car rentals and pre-paid taxis at the airport make commuting to and from the city easy. In the case of inter-terminal transfers, there is a battery-operated shuttle service that you can rely on.
Beware of autorickshaw drivers in the city as tourists can be fleeced or will have to deal with rude behavior if they cannot speak Tamil.
About Port Blair (IXZ)
Port Blair is a small port town with a historic past and a tourist haven of today. Situated in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Port Blair is the perfect geographic getaway. The Andaman Islands are a small group of islands in the Andaman Sea. For many tourists this is the perfect destination for honeymooning and holidaying, as it is peaceful and blessed with a pleasant climate, lush green landscape, and beautiful sandy beaches that are surrounded by crystal clear waters and beautiful coral formations.
Port Blair is ideal for tourists looking for adventure, tranquility, or romance as you can find it all here. You can dive in the waters of Port Blair, swim through some of the best coral reefs, and experience snorkeling or scuba diving. In case you want to have a lazy relaxing holiday, head to the Jolly Buoy, an untouched stretch of white sand. This tropical island will not disappoint the shoppers either. There are extravagant markets filled with some takeaway souvenirs, handicrafts, traditional clothing, and sea shells.
Port Blair may be in the midst of the ocean, but it is connected via the Veer Savarkar International Airport (IXZ), also known as the Port Blair Airport, which located roughly 2 km south of the city. It is the primary airport that connects the Andaman and Nicobar Islands to the other parts of the country. There is only one terminal at the Veer Savarkar International Airport and it handles all domestic flights.
It is easy to travel to and from the airport, as taxi services and car rentals are easily available. Buses also ply from the airport to other locations.
Flight delays and cancellations are fairly common as the islands experience frequent rains throughout the year.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which airline brands fly from Chennai to Port Blair? These airline brands fly from Chennai to Port Blair - Air India, GoAir, IndiGo, Jet Airways, and SpiceJet
- How many weekly flights from Chennai to Port Blair? There are 39 weekly flights from Chennai to Port Blair. Following airlines and corresponding weekly flights - Air India has 11, GoAir has 7, IndiGo has 7, Jet Airways has 7, and SpiceJet has 7
- When does the first flight leave from Chennai? The first flight from Chennai to Port Blair is at 5:05 AM, which is Air India airline 549 followed by GoAir 305 which leaves at 8:15 AM.
- When does the last flight leave from Chennai? The last flight from Chennai to Port Blair is at 12:05 PM which is SpiceJet.
- What is the airport code of Chennai and Port Blair? Airport code of Chennai is MAA and Port Blair is IXZ.
- What is the name of the airport in Chennai? The name of the primary airport in Chennai is Chennai International Airport.
- What is the name of the airport in Port Blair? The name of the primary airport in Port Blair is Vir Savarkar International Airport.
- What is the approximate price of flying from Chennai to Port Blair? Chennai to Port Blair flights cost between ₹ 3840 and ₹ 54560 .
- How much time does it take to reach from Chennai to Port Blair in a non-stop flight? A non-stop flight takes around 02:05:00 to reach from Chennai to Port Blair.
- What are some good options to stay at Port Blair? When in Port Blair, you may stay at Sea Shell , Sentinel or Sea Princess
- Which hotels are located near the Port Blair airport? Some of the top hotels near Port Blair airport are Jazeera Resort , Fortune Resort Bay Island and Hotel Shompen
Chennai Airport Details
- Chennai International Airport
- "G. S. Satellite Road
- 044 2256 0551