Mumbai (BOM) to Kolkata (CCU) Flights
Cheap Flights from Mumbai to Kolkata
Flight tickets from Mumbai to Kolkata ( 19 flights found )
Mumbai to Kolkata flights
Mumbai is the capital city of the state of Maharashtra and is also known as the financial hub in the global chain of financial centers because it has the largest port. Kolkata on the other hand, is the capital city of the Indian state of West Bengal, which is located on the bank of River Hooghly and is known for its cultural festivals, colonial architecture and art galleries. So it will be a great experience for you to fly to Kolkata on the suitable flights that are available for this route.
Travelling from Mumbai to Kolkata by plane
- There are thousands of passengers who fly every month from Mumbai to Kolkata.
- The best time to visit the city is between October and March.
- How far is Mumbai to Kolkata: 1036 air miles / 1668 kilometers
- The average time of flight from Mumbai to Kolkata is 2 hours 45 minutes.
- There are 136 flights that fly from Mumbai to Kolkata per week.
- There are 6 airlines that provide direct flights from Mumbai to Kolkata.
- Connecting flights for Mumbai to Kolkata route are also available with stop at cities like Hyderabad.
Most Reliable airlines for Mumbai to Kolkata route
The most reliable airline for this route is Jet Airways. It is one of the leading airlines in terms of passenger share. Also, Jet Airways flights are a comfortable and pleasant experience.
Best rated airlines for Mumbai to Kolkata route
Indigo is the best-rated airline for this route in terms of least cancellation.
The Financial capital and the largest city of India, Mumbai has the area of about 603.4 km² and is 14m above the sea level. It is among the top ten centres for commerce when it comes to global financial flows. Mumbai consists of seven islands which were inhabited by Koli fisherfolk in the 2nd century BC. Mumbai has a tropical wet and dry climate. The highest temperature in Mumbai in the summer season is about 32°C and the minimum temperature remains at 26° C. Chatrapati Shivaji International Airport is the only airport in Mumbai which is 9m from the centre of the city.
The official currency of Mumbai and Kolkata is Indian Rupee. Therefore, one does not need to exchange currency.
The cost of living in Mumbai is extremely high which can go up to ₹ 24,334.64 for a single person excluding house rent.
All payment modes such as cash, credit & debit cards, PayPal, Bank transfer, Paytm, etc are are accepted in Mumbai.
Major tourist attractions to visit in Mumbai include Marine drive, Gateway of India, Juhu Beach, Colaba Causeway, Haji Ali Darga, Siddhivinayak Temple, etc
Kolkata is spread in an area of 205 square kilometers, 17 feet above the sea-level. Kolkata was the first city in India to have mass rapid transit system or metro railways also has the largest Planetarium in Asia. The city formerly known as Calcutta in English was a colonial city that was developed by the British East India Company and the British Empire. This city is generally hot and humid. In summer the temperature goes up to 39°C and the winter temperature is about 19°C. The city is served by one airport, known as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport and happens to be the largest hub in terms of air traffic in the India’s eastern zone.
As Kolkata is in India so there is no need to exchange currency.
Cost of living in Kolkata is approximately ₹20,964.73 for a single person.
All establishments accept Indian rupees as a mode of payment while some shops accept only debit and credit cards in the city.
Places to visit in Kolkata are Victoria Memorial, Fort William, Howrah Bridge, Belur Math, Birla Planetarium, Indian Museum, Science city, etc.
Find the cheapest month to travel from Mumbai to Kolkata
The cheapest months to fly from Mumbai to Kolkata flights are between June and October. However, August is also considered the cheapest month to visit Kolkata.
How to compare and get the best flight from Mumbai to Kolkata?
Here we will discuss about how comparison of air tickets from different sites will help you to get great deals on your Mumbai to Kolkata flights.
You should always book your air tickets 4 weeks prior to your departure.
Always for Mumbai-Kolkatta airfares after enabling Incognito web browser setting.
You can compare the ticket fares from numerous sites and find the best deal for your journey.
Booking round trip tickets is always very profitable.
What do you need to know before flying from Mumbai to Kolkata?
Mumbai has an exclusive airport, known as the Chatrapati Shivaji International airport. Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport is a public airport situated in west Bengal which is about 17 km from the center of Kolkata.
You can take buses, taxis and auto rickshaws to reach Chatrapati Shivaji International airport.
At Mumbai airport you will get facilities like Wi-Fi, ATMs, dining and shopping options, pharmacy, medical services, child care rooms and smoking lounges, wheel chair and others.
You can travel from the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport by availing different modes of transportation, such as buses, metro, taxis, or car hire service.
Kolkata airport provides premium as well as VIP lounges, small hotel, internet cafes, Forex counters, wheelchair, rest zones, luggage storage, charging points, etc.
Information of Mumbai Kolkata Flight
|Aerial distance||1663 KM|
|Total flights from Mumbai to Kolkata in a week||127 flights|
|First Flight||Jet Airways 484 , departs at 2:15 AM|
|Last Flight||IndiGo 587 , departs at 9:55 AM|
|Cheapest flights from Mumbai to Kolkata||₹3169*|
|Popular Airlines from Mumbai to Kolkata||Jet Airways, SpiceJet, Air India, and IndiGo|
|Shortest Time of flights from Mumbai to Kolkata||02h 25m|
|Airport codes flights from Mumbai to Kolkata||Mumbai-BOM,Kolkata-CCU|
|Time of Mumbai to Kolkata flights||3h 12min|
Mumbai Kolkata Cheap Flights
|Mumbai Kolkata Cheap Flights||Fare INR||Airlines Name||Date of journey||Timings|
|Cheapest Fare within 30 days||₹4391*||Jet Airways||17/05/2018||02:04 AM-05:04 AM||Book Now|
|Cheapest Fare within 90 Days||₹3169*||IndiGo||04/06/2018||07:04 PM-11:04 PM||Book Now|
|Lowest Fare to Travel||₹3169*||IndiGo||04/06/2018||07:04 PM-11:04 PM||Book Now|
Mumbai Kolkata Flights Timings & Other Info
|Flight timings||SpiceJet||Jet Airways||GoAir||IndiGo||Air India||Vistara|
|Early Morning (12 AM to 8 AM)||13||32||0||1||34||1|
|Morning ( 8 AM to 12 PM)||0||4||0||0||0||17|
|After Noon ( 12 PM to 4 PM)||0||3||0||4||8||12|
|Evening ( 4 PM to 8 PM)||71||33||0||61||2||0|
|Night ( 8 PM to 12 AM)||1||13||84||19||41||55|
|Baggage Details ( Check in )||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's|
Things To Do in Kolkata
Hotels In Kolkata
Mumbai Airport Details
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
- Sahar Rd
- 022 6685 1010
- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Kolkata Airport Details
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
- Airport Director
- 91-33-25119977,91-33-2511 9020 (R)
- What are the transport facilities available in Kolkata? You will get bus, taxis, rented cars, metro trains and auto rickshaws to travel within the city.
- What is the distance between Mumbai and Kolkata? The distance between Mumbai and Kolkata is 1668 km.
- How long does it take to arrive at Kolkata from Mumbai? The average time to reach Kolkata from Mumbai is 2 hrs 45 min.
- How many flights are available from Mumbai to Kolkata in a week? Approximately 136 flights fly per week from Mumbai to Kolkata.
- How many direct airlines are available from Mumbai to Kolkata? There are 6 airlines that have flights that fly from Mumbai to Kolkata.
- Which is the most suitable time to fly from Mumbai to Kolkata? October to March is the best time to fly from Mumbai to Kolkata.
- How will you benefit from web check in at Mumbai airport? It confirms your journey from the Mumbai airport and saves your time.
- How much luggage can a person carry on Mumbai to Kolkata flights? 7 kg hand bag + 15 kg check-in luggage. This varies for various airlines.