1. Wildlife Sanctuary, Koyna: If you want to get closer to nature, the wildlife sanctuary in Koyna is the place you need to be at. Located 183km away from Pune, the Koyna wildlife sanctuary is spread across a huge area of 420 square kilometres; and, it features bears, panthers, sloths, tigers, giant squirrels, etc.
2. Tarkarli: You can enjoy a wide range of exciting water sports activities such as scuba diving, Jet Ski, kayaking, and banana ride at Tarkarli. From Pune, Tarkarli is 388 kilometres away. Being a popular reserve for marine life, Tarkarli receives a lot of tourists every year. It is also famous for its splendid Dussehra celebrations.
3. Diveagar: The tranquil beaches of this place can instantly make you fall in love with them. The white sand beaches here offer an amazing view to the tired eyes. Located 179km away from Pune, this place has become one of the most popular weekend getaway options for the residents of Pune.
4. Bedse Caves: No doubt, caves are mysterious nature discovery, and if you are looking for one then Bedse caves are the one for you. It was during the 2nd century when these caves were built by the Buddhists. Featuring 400 steps, this cave is located 40km away from the Pune city.
5. Kolad: The presence of Kundalika River makes Kolad a highly popular place for the adventure seekers. This place is known mainly for water rafting, canoeing, kayaking, and other water sports. Plus, it is also quite famous for a picnic. Kolad is situated 194km away from Pune. June to March is the best time to visit this place.
6. Kashid: If you are planning to spend a peaceful and relaxing weekend with your near and dear ones then Kashid will never disappoint you. The serene and beautiful beach of Kashid is perfect to recharge tired mind and body. It is located 171km away from Pune. If you are into water sports, Kashid is more apt for you.
7. Dehna: Located amidst the beauty of nature, Dehna is known for its rustic charm and beautiful mountains. The greenery around is a perfect ingredient for reviving your mundane life. You can go for jungle safari, biking, and beach rides. The distance between Pune and Dehna village is 218km.
8. Velas: You must have heard about the Olive Ridley turtles, and the Velas beaches which are the major attractions of this town. Velas is a hamlet located in the Ratnagiri district, and it is 194km away from Pune. During the winter days, the Olive Ridley turtles come down to the Velas beaches and hatch their eggs.
9. Lavasa: Lavasa is perhaps one of the main tourist destinations in Maharashtra. From Pune, the distance is 185km, and this place has become famous for its romantic weather. Some of the major activities you can take part in are pontoon boat rides, rock climbing, rappelling, and waterfall safari. The greenery around is just mesmerising.
10. Lonavala: Apart from being a popular hill station, Lonavala is also known for its trekking routes. During the monsoon days, this place turns into a heaven for the adventure seekers. The waterfalls and the dense forest of Lonavala offer an unforgettable experience to the tourists. From Pune, Lonavala is just 45km away.
11. Alibaug: The sandy beaches accompanied with coconut grooves add to the beauty of this place. Alibaug is a beautiful coastal town located 143km away from Pune. Ancient temples, calm weather, and serene beaches are some of the major attractions of this place. If you are looking for a relaxing weekend, Alibaug is a good place to consider.
12. Bhimashankar: Located at an altitude of 3,250 feet, Bhimashankar was primarily known for its Lord Shiva temple. This temple is highly popular for being one of the twelve Jyotirlanga in India. The thick forest accompanied with Bhimashankara Wildlife Sanctuary makes this place popular among adventure seekers as well.
13. Raigad: If you want to learn the historical aspects of Maharashtra, Raigad is the place you should consider visiting. Located at an altitude of 2,851 meters, the Raigad Fort is one of the major attractions of this place. It was the year 1656 when Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj won this fort during a battle. Raigad is 131km away from Pune.
14. Panchghani: It is a popular hill station, which is also known as “Table Land”. The elevation of 1,293 meters makes this place quite soothing during the summer days. The Dhom Dam Lake, Parsi Point, and Sydney Point are some of the major tourist hot spots of Panchghani. It is 98km away from Pune.
15. Malshej Ghat: It is a beautiful mountain pass located in the Western Ghats. The rugged hills of Malshej Ghat contain a wide range of animal and bird species, plus the natural beauty of this place makes the trekking routes more exciting. From Pune, Malshej Ghat is located at a distance of 137 km.
16. Mumbai: We all know that Mumbai is known for its local bazaars, beaches and many other things that you can here. Marine Drive, Mount Mary Church, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, and Haji Ali Dargah are some of the popular attractions. Pune is 143km away from Mumbai.
17. Trimbakeshwar: It is another popular Shiv Temple in Maharashtra, which is located at a distance of 239km from Pune. Apart from being a religious place, Trimbakeshwar is also known for its Anjaneri Fort, Coin Museum, Dugarwadi Waterfall, and Vallonne Vineyards. No doubt, Trimbakeshwar is a perfect family holiday destination.
18. Kamshet: Kamshet is a gorgeous hill station which is located 45km away from Pune. This hill station has turned into a major hub for a wide range of adventure activities, such as paragliding. The elevation of 670 meters provides this place a clam and pleasant weather almost all through the year.
19. Murud Janjira: Located in the Raigad district, Murud Janjira is basically a fort, which was built in the coastal hamlet of Murud. The fort is located on an island, which certainly adds more attraction to the tourism of this place. In addition to this, the other reason to visit Murud Janjira is the Garambi Falls. It is 182km from Pune.
20. Rajmachi: Situated at a distance of 168km from Pune, the Rajmachi Fort is one of the beautiful forts in Maharashtra. Surrounded by gorgeous hills of the Sahyadri Mountains, this place is quite a delight for the trekking lovers. The trekking route of this place can totally amaze you with its natural beauty and greenery around.
21. Bhandardara: If you are in a mood to get amazed by the beautiful elements of Mother Nature, all you have to do is visit Bhandardara. Located at a distance of 172km from Pune, this hill station can easily impress you with its amazing beauty. The lush green mountains accompanied with numerous waterfalls draw in thousands of tourists every year.
22. Matheran: The refreshing beauty of this small hill station can completely revive your tired mind and body. If you are looking to get some respite from the chaos of Pune city, you can come down to this wonderful place, which is just 119km away. Temples, lakes, and rich flora & fauna make Matheran a popular weekend getaway and destination.
23. Goa: Who does not know about Goa! Well, there is no doubt that Goa is among the top tourist destinations in India. From Pune, the distance is 448km, which can be easily covered in 7 to 8 hours. The electrifying atmosphere of Goa beaches and the natural beauty can easily make you fall in love with this place.
24. Alibag: It is a coastal town located in the Raigad district, and the reason which makes Alibag famous is the Alibag Fort. The distance between Pune and Alibag is only 142km. It was during the 17th century when this fort was built. The lighthouse of Alibag adds more attraction to this place.
25. Mahabaleshwar: Also known as the “Land of Strawberries”, Mahabaleshwar is a hill town located in the Western Ghats. The enticing beauty of the strawberry farms and the lush green mountains that surround this place look stunning. For trekkers, Mahabaleshwar is a wonderful place to visit, which is 117km from the Pune city.
26. Khandala: There is no doubt that Khandala is one of the most popular weekend getaways for the people of Pune. After all, the grassy hills, misty waterfalls, and the serene lakes of Khandala are simply impossible to ignore. Also, Rock climbing is a popular sport activity in Khandala. From Pune, Khandala is only 70km away.
27. Harihareshwar: There are two reasons which make Harihareshwar a popular weekend getaway destination for the people of Pune. The first reason is the presence of Lord Harihareshwar Temple, and the other reason is the beautiful beaches. The Pushpadri Hills add more charm to this place. From Pune, Harihareshwar is 170km.
28. Shirdi: No doubt, Shirdi is a globally popular religious destination, and is located at a distance of 184km from Pune. Known for Saint Sai Baba, this place is visited by thousands of devotees every month. The positive atmosphere of Shirdi can fill your heart with pure joy, and mind with calmness.
29. Suryamal: Situated in the Thane district, Suryamal is highly popular for its rich flora and fauna. Mountain biking and trekking are the two most popular activities which add more excitement. Being the highest peak in the Thane district, Suyramal offers an impeccable view of the region around. It is 240km from Pune.
30. Chiplun: This tourist destination is located in the Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra. Chiplun is famous mainly for its mango groves, and the presence of Vashishti Lake close to the grove makes the whole setting even more mesmerising. There are many resorts available in Chiplun. From Pune, Chiplun is 230kms away.
31. Manori: The quaint and serene ambience of this place attracts hundreds of backpackers every month. Offering a peaceful environment where one can thoroughly relax, Manori is a place which can totally revive you. The Samudreshwar Temple and Naht Sampradaya Ashrams add more popularity to this place. From Pune, one can reach Manori in about 3 hours as it is 184km away from Pune.
32. Dapoli: It is a small but beautiful town in the Ratnagiri district, which has earned a lot of good reviews from the tourists for its enticing beaches. In addition, the historic forts and temples add more dimension to the tourism of this place. The distance between Pune and Dapoli is 182km.
33. Durshet: This small village is situated on the banks of gorgeous Amba River. Located amidst the Sahyadri Range, Durshet is a perfect weekend holiday destination for the people of Pune. It is located at a distance of just 99km from Pune. Trekking is a popular activity in Durshet, which will help you explore a few temples as well.
34. Ajanta and Ellora Caves: Counted among the most popular tourist destinations in the world, the Ajanta and Ellora caves feature plenty of captivating elements. The rock-cut caves encompass stunningly beautiful sculptures of Ellora. The frescos and paintings inside the cave are simply amazing. The Ajanta and Ellora caves are located at a distance of 328km from Pune.
35. Ratanwadi: This beautiful village encompasses within a lot of charm and peace. Located in the Ahmednagar district, Ratanwadi is known for the Shiva temple (Amruteshwar) and the Ratangad Fort. If you are into trekking then Ratanwadi is certainly a good place for you to visit for a weekend destination. From Pune, the distance is 186kms.
36. Karjat: Located at a distance of 89km from Pune, Karjat offers a peaceful environment where anyone would love spending a couple of days relaxing. In addition, with all the mountains sites for trekking and other adventurous activities make Karjat even more popular among tourists. Also, the lush green hills of Karjat should not be missed.
37. Panvel: The distance between Pune and Panvel is 118km. There are many reasons that make Panvel an excellent weekend getaway option for the residents of Purae and some of them are its tourist attrations such as the Karnala Fort, Prabalgad Fort, Karnala Bird Sanctuary, and the Balleswar temple. Moreover, the pleasant climatic conditions make Panvel even more charming destination all year around.
38. Ganapatipule: This place has earned tons of popularity because of the presence of Ganesha temple, right in the middle of the white sandy beach. The temple is more than 400 years old, which pulls in thousands of tourists and devotees every year. Located 214km from Pune, Ganapatipule can prove to be an excellent weekend destination.
39. Igatpuri: The scenic beauty of this place is simply amazing, and to experience it, you have to explore it. Igatpuri features some of the highest summits of the Sahyadri range, which makes this place quite popular among trekkers and adventure seekers. Igatpuri is located 168km away from Pune.
40. Bijapur: Even though Bijapur is 346km from Pune, it is still one of the major weekend getaway destinations. The reason behind is the presence of an amazing ancient structure called Gol Gumbaj. The dome of this monument is the largest in the world. Apart from Gol Gumbaj, you should also check out Ibrahim Rauza.
41. Hedvi: The serene atmosphere and relaxing ambience of Hedvi beach can instantly fill your heart with pleasure. In Hedvi village, you will come across a temple dedicated to Lord Ganesha, which holds important religious significance. Another main attraction of Hedvi located at a distance of 178kms from Pune is the Bahman Ghal; which is large black monolith.
42. Nasik: The greenery you will find in Nasik is mainly due to the presence of numerous vineyards. Another reason which makes Nasik among the top tourist destinations is the Kumba Mela, which is organised after every 12 years. This wine tasting destination is located 202km from Pune, and is an excellent weekend destination for all types of tourists.
43. Aurangabad: As we know, the Ajanta and Ellora Caves are counted among the World Heritage Sites; and, Aurangabad is the place where these caves are located. As a matter of fact, Aurangabad used to be the capital of Mughal Emperor when Aurangzeb was the ruler. Bibi ka Maqbara is another major attraction. From Pune, Aurangabad is 275km away.
44. Malvan: Located in the Sindhudurg district, Malvan is a small town that features a lot of ancient structures; and, the Sindhudurg Fort is one of them. The secluded and pristine beaches of this place make Malvan an interesting weekend getaway destination. If you love seafood and sweets, make sure you visit Malvan, which is 353km from Pune.
45. Pattadakal: If you want to witness the beautiful architectural style, Pattadakal can be a perfect weekend destination for you. Located at a distance of 452km from Pune, Pattadakal features numerous temples and heritage sites. Sangameshwara temple, Galaganath temple, and Papanatha temple are the major ones.
46. Osmanabad: Situated in the Marathwada region of Maharashtra, Osmandabad district has a number of tourist attractions to explore. Some of the must visit places are Dharashiv caves, Tulja Bhavani temple, Paranda Fort, Naldurg Fort, Kashi kund, and many more. The distance between Pune and Osmanabad is 263km. Visit Osmanabad and enjoy the experience.
47. Nagpur Known as the winter capital of India Nagpur is popular for many reasons among tourists. Some of them are Deekshabhoomi, Maharajbag zoo, Jama Mosque, Ambazari Lake, Futala Lake, Tadoba Andhari Tiger Project, and Zero Mile. In addition, the oranges produced in Nagpur are quite famous. From Pune, Nagpur is 709km away.
48. Daman: If you are looking for a fun filled weekend trip with your family then Daman will not disappoint you. It has plenty of tourist attractions to explore, such as Jetty Garden, Jampore Beach, Moti Daman Fort, Devka Beach, Aditya Birla Circle, Nani Daman Fort, and the Dominican Monastery. The distance from Pune to Daman is 306km.
49. Grishneshwar: Known for the Grishneshwar temple (also known as Jyotirlinga temple), this place receives thousands of tourists every year. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva, and it is one of the twelve Jyotirlinga in India. If you ever visit Grishneshwar, do not forget to check out the Ellora caves. Travel time for Grishneshwar is about two hours from Pune.
50. Silvassa: Situated at the southern part of Gujarat, Silvassa is a place quite rich in nature. The greenery around this small town is a treat to the tired eyes. There are some really good places to check out, such as Vanganga Garden, Nakshatra Garden, Nal Udyan Park, Vandhara Garden. From Pune, the distance to reach Silvasa is 302km.
51. Panaji: Also known as Panjim, Panaji is the capital city of Goa. Located on the banks of River Mandovi, this city is packed with numerous tourist attractions, such as Casa De Moeda, Casino Royale Goa, Se Cathedral, Dona Paula Beach, Miramar Beach, Basilica of Bom Jesus, etc. The distance between Pune and Panjim is 430km.
52. Ankleshwar: Located in the Bharuch district of Gujarat, this city is popular mainly for its religious attractions. Ramkund Mandir is one of the major attractions in Ankleshwar. Additionally, you can check other tourist attractions called the Golden Bridge, which is 133yrs old. Distance from Pune to Ankhleshwar is 459km.
53. Surat: Situated on the banks of the Tapi River, Surat is popular mainly for its silk textile and diamond industry. Other prime attractions in Surat are Science Centre, Dumas Beach, Sardar Patel Museum, Snow Park, Ambika Niketan Temple, and the Dutch Garden. This is the perfect family holiday destination and is located 421km away from Pune.
54. Hassan: It is a district located in the Indian state Karnataka. If you are looking to come across some really beautiful ancient structures then Hassan can be a suitable weekend holiday destination. Manjarabad Fort, Hasanamba Temple, Chennakeshava Temple, and Shettihalli Church are some of the major attractions here. Hassan is 789km from Pune.
55. Shrivardhan: Nested in the Raigad district, this holiday destination is absolutely loved by many people. Velas Beach, Aarvi Beach, Peshwa Memorial, Shri Laxminarayan Temple, and Kushmeshwar Temple are some of the must visit places in Shrivardhan. The distance between Pune and Shrivardhan is only 157km.
56. Hyderabad: It is the capital city of Indian state Telangana. There are innumerable places to see and explore in this city. Some of the prime ones are Charminar, Golkonda, Ramoji Film City, Salar Jung Museum, Nizam Museum, and Birla Science Museum. The bakeries in Hyderabad are highly famous too. From Pune, Hyderabad is 562km away.
57. Ratnagiri: Ratnagiri is a vast district in the state of Maharashtra, and it encompasses some really amazing places for the tourists, such as Jaigad Fort, Swayambhu Ganpati Temple, Thibaw Point, Pawas, Malgund, Pandre Samudra, Ratnadurg Fort, Velneshwar, and Jaigad Lighthouse. Overall, the natural beauty and ancient structures of this place are wonderful. From Pune, Ratnagiri is 303km.
58. Kunkeshwar: It is a small village situated in the Sindhudurg district of Maharashtra. The prime attraction of this place is Kunkeshwar Temple, which is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Alphonso mangoes are the other reason for which Kunkeshwar is popular. Also, the Kunkeshwar beach here attracts tons of tourists. From Pune, Kunkeshwar is 365km.
59. Raigarh: Known as the industrial hub of India, Raigarh is a cultural capital of the state of Chhattisgarh. There are numerous tourist attractions in this town, such as sanctuaries, museums, temples, forests, waterfalls. It is an extraordinary tourist destination that excites the tourists with its excellence. The stunning places to visit in Raigarh are Ram Jharna, Gomarda wildlife sanctuary, etc. The distance between Pune to Raigarh is around 1206 km.
60. Solapur: Situated in the south-western part of Maharashtra, Solapur is a big city that boasts of numerous tourist hot spots, such as Solapur Bhuikot Fort, Mahatma Gandhi Zoo, Char Hatutma Putala, Rupabhavani Temple, and many more. You can also check out the Ujjani Dam which is also known as Bhima Dam. From Pune, Solapur is 253km away.
61. Gokarn: A small town of temples situated on the western coast of India in the state of Karnataka is well known for Lord Shiva temple known as Mahabaleshwara. Tourists from all across the word visit this town just to offer their prayers to Lord Shiva. Also, there are a few beaches which are visited by many western tourists. It is one of the best gateways for a short trip near Pune and the distance between Pune and Gokarn is around 563 km.
62. Karwar: This city is situated in Karnataka, and has some really exciting places for the tourists, such as Nagarmadi waterfalls, Karwar beach, Rabindranath Tagore beach, Devbagh beach, Kurumgad Island, Sadashivagadh hill fort, Oyster Rock lighthouse, and lots more beautiful hidden places. It is also famous for its seafood. Karwar is 517kms i.e. about 10 hours drive from Pune.
63. Kolhapur: Located on the banks of the River Panchaganga, the city Kolhapur has gained massive popularity due to its religious significance. It has many temples, and the Mahalakshmi Temple is one of the most famous temples in Mumbai. Jyotiba, Rankala Lake, Bhavani Mandap, and Shalini are some other tourist attractions to visit. Also, it is 233km away from Pune.
64. Pandharpur: It is a well known pilgrimage town in Maharashtra, and some of the must visit temples in this town are Vitthai temple, Vishnupad temple, ISCKON temple, Holkar Sarkar Wada Ram Mandir, and Kaikadi Maharaj Mandir. Pandharpur is situated on the banks of the River Bhima. The distance between Pune and Pandharpur is 215km.
65. Bharuch: Located in Gujarat state, this city is famous for plenty of reasons, and some of them are Golden Bridge, Mahadev Temple, Narmada Park, Bhrigu Rishi Temple, Neelkanth Mahadev Temple, Surpaneshwar Temple, and Golden Stone. If you want to know more about Gujarat’s culture, Bharuch can be a good place to begin with. From Pune, the distance is 471km.
66. Kankavli: The distance between Pune and Kankavli is 362km. Being a place of pilgrimage, the ambience of Kankavli is quite peaceful. Balchandra Maharaj Ashram and the Sindhudurg Fort are the two major tourist attractions of this small town. If you are looking to get some relief from the chaos of urban life, visit Kankavli.
67. Jog falls: Located near Shimoga district of Karnataka, Jog Falls is the second highest waterfall in India. It is also referred to as Joga Falls. The height of this waterfall is 253m, and the elevation is 464m. The natural beauty around the Jog Fall is just amazing. From Pune, the distance is 590km.