1. Lonavala: It is one such lovely place in Maharashtra that is hard to ignore. If you want to spend a romantic weekend with the love of your life then Lonavala is the perfect place to visit. The rich green forest and the waterfalls make this so truly amazing. From Mumbai, Lonavala is just 88kms away.
2. Matheran: If you are feeling like getting close to the beauty of nature then Matheran will never disappoint you. This hill station is just 87kms away from Mumbai, which is the reason why it has become one of the widely sought after weekend getaways. You can also explore a few temples and lakes.
3. Alibag: This coastal town is situated in the Raigad district of Maharashtra. If you are into exploring ancient monuments and structures, the Alibag Fort can easily make your weekend trip a complete one. Plus, the beaches around add more charm to this place, which is 93kms away from Mumbai.
4. Aurangabad: Located at a distance of 335kms from Mumbai; Aurangabad offers a lot of attractions to the tourists. From the globally popular Ajanta & Ellora Caves to the Bibi Ka Maqbara, there are many ancient structures and monuments you can come across in this city. You will also get to see a lot of Mughal elements.
5. Shirdi: There is no dearth of religious places in India, but the Shirdi Sai Baba Temple is no doubt among the top ones. If you are looking for internal peace and a complete family trip then Shirdi can be a highly apt weekend destination. From Mumbai, Shirdi is 241kms.
6. Ganapatipule: If you are an ardent devotee of Lord Ganesha, then you should definitely give this place a visit. Known for its highly famous Ganesha Temple, Ganapatipule is quite a beautiful place for the families. The positive vibes of this place can make you feel totally relaxed. From Mumbai, it is 342kms away.
7. Vikramgad: The lush green beauty and tranquil atmosphere of Vikramgad is enough to revive your tired mind and body. It is a small town located in the Palghar district; and during the picnic seasons, Vikramgad remains packed with tourists. The distance between Mumbai and Vikramgad is just 114kms.
8. Panchgani: Table Land is another name of this marvellous hill station, and there is no dearth of places to travel around in this region. The elevation of Panchgani is 1,293 meters, which makes the climate of this place absolute soothing. Sydney point, Parsi point, and Dhom Dam Lake are some of the major attractions. Distance from Mumbai is 244kms.
9. Panvel: There are numerous reasons to visit Panvel on weekends if you are in Mumbai. From Mumbai, Panvel is located at a distance of just 35kms. Panvel will let you explore Prabalgad Fort, Karnala Fort, Balleshwar Temple, and the Karnala Bird Sanctuary. Another major aspect of Panvel tourism is its cool weather.
10. Tarkarli: During the Dussehra days, Tarkarli gets absolutely vibrant and stunning, and hence a lot of tourists flock in. But, this place is also quite popular for its sports and adventure activities, such as banana ride, kayaking, Jet Ski, and scuba diving. From Mumbai, Tarkarli is located at a distance of 538kms.
11. Karjat: Even through Karjat is a small place, but the beautiful hills render this place a grand appeal. You will surely love Karjat and its beauty if you are a trekker and want to be surrounded by the beauty of nature. The distance between Mumbai and Karjat is just 62kms.
12. Ratanwadi: If you are in a mood to get away from the chaotic streets of Mumbai, then Ratanwadi is the village you need to visit on your weekend trip. Apart from the calm and composed environment of this village, you can also check out the Shiva Temple, which is known by the name Amruteshwar. From Mumbai, Ratanwadi is 178kms.
13. Diu: This beautiful Island is located at a distance of 850kms from Mumbai. The coastal beauty of Diu is perhaps one of the strongest points of its tourism sector. Plus, there are tons of places that one can walk around in Diu, such as St. Paul Church, Diu Fort, Sunset Point, etc. Nagoa beach and Ghola beach are also quite popular.
14. Gir National Park: It is a wildlife sanctuary located in Talala Gir region of Gujraat. The Gir Forest National Park is spread across a huge area of 1,412 square kilometres. The national park is famous mainly for the Asiatic Lions. Wildlife safari and other activities are quite popular here. From Mumbai, the Gir National Park is around 790kms.
15. Ajanta and Ellora Caves: It was during the 2nd Century BCE when these caves were built. Located in the Aurangabad district, these caves are just amazing. The rock-cut sculptures and frescos are other popular elements of this place. No doubt, you will get a useful experience after visiting this place. From Mumbai, the distance is 426kms.
16. Jawhar: It is a city located in the Palghar district, which comes under Maharashtra. This city has earned a huge reputation for being an excellent example of cultural heritage. The scenic beauty of Jawhar is equally captivating. Dabdaba Falls, Bhopatgad Fort, and Jai Villa Palace should not be missed. Jawhar is 133kms from Mumbai.
17. Malshej Ghat: Everything along the Western Ghats are truly beautiful, and Malshej Ghat is one of them. Featuring rich flora and fauna, Malshej Ghat is a place which every nature lover will truly enjoy. The trekking routes are equally exciting for the tourists. From Mumbai, the distance of Malshej Ghat is 126kms.
18. Durshet: Located on the brinks of River Amba, this tiny hamlet has successfully earned the tag of being a popular weekend getaway destination. The trekking routes of Durshet will take you through rich dense forest and a couple of temples too. The distance between Mumbai and Durshet is just 72kms.
19. Dapoli: If you are planning to visit Ratnagiri, then make sure you do not miss Dapoli. The serene beaches of Dapoli can fill your heart with joy and happiness. In addition, the temples and forts also make this place more popular. It is situated at a distance of 224kms.
20. Manori: The clean beaches and the presence of various amusement parks make this place quite popular among the tourists. In addition, the Manori Creek also keep the tourists busy in a good way. During your visit to Manori, do not forget to check out the Global Vipassana Pagoda. The distance between Mumbai and Manori is 62kms.
21. Suryamal: If your eyes crave for some stunning views of nature then you definitely visit Suryamal. It is the highest peak in the Thane district, and the hill station that offers pleasant climatic conditions for spending a relaxing vacation. The road distance between Mumbai and Suryamal is 141kms.
22. Silvassa: This place is an assortment of gorgeous lakes, lust green gardens, and architectural beauty. Situated at a distance of 171kms from Mumbai, Silvassa is quite an apt option for the families when it comes to spending a relaxing vacation. Hirwa Van Garden, Lion Safari Wildlife Park, Swaminayran Temple, and Dudhni Lake are some of the tourist hotspots.
23. Daman: It is needless to mention that Daman is filled with innumerable tourist attractions, which makes this place an ideal weekend holiday destination. Some of the places you should definitely visit are Dominican Monastery, Nani Daman Fort, Aditya Birla Circle, Moti Daman Fort, Jampore Beach, etc. From Mumbai, Daman is 170kms.
24. Lavasa: For the adventure seekers and water sports enthusiasts, Lavasa is one of the best weekend getaway destinations. This well-planned city is loaded with plenty of elements, such as waterfall safari, trekking, bumper boats, kayaking, Jet Ski, etc. Do not forget to check out the Temghar Dam. Lavasa is 191kms away from Mumbai.
25. Raigad: If you want to come across forts, palaces, and lakes then all you have to do is pack your bags and come down to Raigad. The Raigad Fort located at a height of 2700 feet looks absolutely majestic. You can also check out the Queen’s Palace, Gangasagar Lake, Jaagdishwar Temple, etc. From Mumbai, Raigad is 109kms.
26. Bhandardara: In case your heart and mind desires for some peaceful moments then Bhandardara has all the settings available for you. The peaceful ambience and natural beauty of this place is quite enchanting, and some of the must visit places are Ratangad Fort, Mt Kalsubai, Bhandardara Lake, and Umbrella Falls. From Mumbai, Bhandardara is 164kms.
27. Murud Janjira: The beaches and forts in Murud Janjira pull in thousands of tourists and adventure seekers every year. Located in the Raigad district, the attractions of this place are the Kasa Fort, Garambi Dam, Ahmedganj Palace, and the Janjira Fort. It is basically a small fishing hamlet, and from Mumbai the distance is 152kms.
28. Diveagar: From Mumbai, Diveagar is located at a distance of 130kms. Once you reach Diveagar, there are lots of tourist attractions waiting for you, and some of them are the Diveagar beach, Harihareshwar beach, Phansad wildlife sanctuary, and Bagmandala. You can also enjoy para sailing with your friends and get an amazing experience in return.
29. Bhimashankar: Offering pleasant climatic conditions at an altitude of 3,250 feet, this place is like a treat to the eyes. The lush green forest of Bhimashankar proves to be an excellent trekking route. Plus, the Bhimashankar Temple of Lord Shiva and the Hanuman Lake also adds more charm to this place. From Mumbai, Bhimashankar is 88kms.
30. Kolad: If you are in a mood to try white water rafting then you should definitely come down to Kolad, which is 102kms away from Mumbai. Apart from river rafting, you can also try out other activities, such as kayaking, rappelling, etc. The gorgeous valleys look absolutely stunning during the monsoon days.
31. Nasik: We all know that Nasik is quite popular for the Kumbha Mela, but this place has many more hot spots for the tourists, such as the Dudhsagar Falls, Kapileswara Temple, Pandav Leni caves, Panchavati, Naroshankara Temple, Jain Mandir, and Kalaram Temple. The distance between Mumbai and Nasik is 167kms.
32. Harihareshwar: From Mumbai, this place is situated at a distance of 164kms. The main reason that makes this place so famous among the tourists is the magnificent temple of Lord Harihareshwar. In addition, the four hills accompanied with the gorgeous River Savitri add more beauty to the natural settings of Harihareshwar.
33. Pune: Known as the cultural centre of Maharashtra, Pune always keeps buzzing with tourists and party lovers. Apart from offering a power-packed nightlife, this place also boasts of some amazing attractions like Aga Khan Palace, National War Museum, Osho Ashram, Bund Garden, and the Mulshi Dam and Lake. From Mumbai, Pune is 148kms away.
34. Rajmachi: If you are looking for some quick respite from the hectic life then all you need to do is visit Rajmachi, which is only 76kms away from Mumbai. The view you can get from the majestic Rajmachi Fort can totally excite you to the core of your heart. In addition, the trekking routes offered by this place are also quite thrilling.
35. Khandala: The natural beauty of Khandala is just breathtaking. The influx of tourists in Khandala never comes to halt, particularly during the monsoon and winter days. There are a number of waterfalls in Khandala, amidst the lush green mountains. Trekking and rock climbing are some of the must try activities in Khandala. From Mumbai, Khandala is only 81kms.
36. Kashid: Situated at a short distance of 89kms from Mumbai, Kashid is a beautiful place where one can spend a perfect weekend with his/her loved ones. The blue seas accompanied with white sand make the beaches of Kashid quite gorgeous and refreshing. Korali Fort and Phansad Bird Sanctuary are the other two major attractions.
37. Mahabaleshwar: The ancient temples and strawberry farms of Mahabaleshwar are always ready to give you a warm welcome. The distance between Mumbai and Mahabaleshwar is 191kms. The valleys, waterfalls, and dense forest of Mahabaleshwar are hard to resist. Arthur Seat, Parsi Point, and Mapro Garden are some of the other attractions.
38. Kamshet: If you are into paragliding and trekking, and you find caves and temples to be quite magnificent then Kamshet is a perfect weekend destination for you. Situated at an elevation of 2200 feet, Kamshet features many attractions, such as the Bedsa caves, Bhairi caves, Kondeswar temple, and Bhandar Dongar. Kamshet is 103kms from Mumbai.
39. Igatpuri: Situated at a distance of 125kms from Mumbai, this place is blessed with all the elements of nature. Being a hill station, Igatpuri keeps brimming with tourists all through the year. Some of the must visit places in Igatpuri are Camel Valley, Kalsubai Peak, Bhatsa River Valley, Vipassna Centre, Tringalwaid Fort, and the Ghantadevi Temple.
40.Trimbakeshwar: Trimbakeshwar is a major pilgrimage located in the Nasik district. There are 12 Jyotirlingas in India, and Trimbakeshwar has one of them. The Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva is the main attraction. You can also visit other places like Brahmagiri Hill, Gorakhnath Gufa, and Neel Parbath. From Mumbai, Trimbakeshwar is 193kms.
41. Ratnagiri: It is a port city located in the south-western region of Maharashtra, and it has a lot of hot spots available for the weekend destination tourists. Some of the must visit places in Ratnagiri are the Jaigad Fort, Thibaw Point, Pawas, Pandre Samudra, and Malgund. The distance between Mumbai and Ratnagiri is 346kms.
42. Pawna Lake Camping: Even though the Pawna Lake is an artificial one, but the natural beauty that surrounds this lake is worth the money you spend on camping. If you want to spend a day at this beautiful place then there are numerous camping options available for you. From Mumbai, this stunningly beautiful lake is just 111kms.
43. Camping and Water Activities in Maval: The Takve Lake in Maval offers all that you need for a relaxing vacation with your family and friends, particularly on the weekends. Camping, river crossing, tunnel crawl, kayaking, and various sorts of water sports can completely enthral you. The distance between Mumbai and Maval is 87.5kms.
44. Palghar: It is a town located in the Konkon sector of Maharashtra. There are some really incredible places you can explore in Palghar, such as Kaldurg Fort, Waghoba Temple, Hatutma Chowk, Kelve Fort, and Mahim Beach. From Mumbai, Palgahr is around 87kms, which makes it an excellent weekend holiday destination.
45. Karnala: Karnala is a place located in the Panvel Taluka of Maharashtra, and it is packed with loads of nature’s beauty. The Karnala bird sanctuary and the Karnala fort are the two major attractions that draw in hundreds of tourists every month. If you are a lover of nature, you would definitely fall in love with this place, which is 47kms from Mumbai.
46. Revdanda Beach: Revdanda is basically a small hamlet located close to Alibag, and the natural beauty of this place is still untouched by the elements of modern life. For camping and other fun activities, the Revdanda beach proves to be quite a suitable one. Plus, the Revdanda beach fort also attracts more number of tourists. From Mumbai, Revdanda beach is 108kms.
47. Savarkut Village: Located at a distance of 370kms from Mumbai, the Savarkut village is known for its tranquillity and cool climate. The main attraction of this village is its wildlife, and if you want to get closer to it then Savarkut Safari is always available for you. Plus, river rafting is also a popular activity here.
48. Dahanu: The coastal beauty of this small town is something that can easily revive your stressed mind and body. Located at a distance of 110kms from Mumbai, this place is known for its power stations. Plus, the Chikoo orchards add more attraction to this place. Mahalaxmi Temple and Dahanu Fort should not be missed.
49. Camping in Panchgani: From Mumbai to Panchgani, the road distance is 244kms. Blessed with nature’s beauty, Panchgani offers a perfect setting for camping and trekking. Camping on the bank of river Krishna can be entirely a different experience. This is the reason why a lot of people from Mumbai come down to Panchgani on the weekends.
50. Village Stay Experience in Junnar: The historical aspects of Junnar are absolutely mesmerising, and the villages located at the outskirts of the city can bring you closer to the same. Staying in the rustic environment of village will help you experience the bliss of nature. There are numerous options available for luxurious accommodation. From Mumbai, Junnar is 155kms away.
51. Bordi: This coastal village is located in the Palghar district, and the reason behind its popularity is its serene beaches. The Bordi beach features a 17km coastline, and the presence of Chikoo orchards makes the shoreline more attractive. You can also visit the Mallinath Jain Temple. From Mumbai, Bordi is 160kms.
52. Harishchandragad: Located in Junnar, the Harishchandragad is basically a hill fort, and the fort has a very rich history, which you should definitely explore. The elevation of Harishchandragad is around 1,442 meters. The view one can get from the top of the fort is totally breathtaking. The distance between Mumbai and Harishchandagad is 201kms.
53. Saputara: This hill station is situated in the western part of Gujarat. Located at an altitude of 1000 meters, Saputara offers plenty of opportunities for boating, trekking, and other adventure activities. The distance between Mumbai and Saputara is 250kms. The resorts in Saputara are absolutely luxurious and perfect for a weekend trip.
54. Wai: It is a town located in Satara district of Maharashtra. The lush green fields, beautiful temples, and pristine river are the three main elements of Wai’s tourism. As a matter of fact, Dakshin Kashi is the other name of Wai. If you want to get away from the chaos of Mumbai streets, come down to Wai. It is 228ms from Mumbai.
55. Satara: This city came into existence during the 16th century. Located close to the confluence of River Krishna and its branch River Venna, Satara is packed with tons of ancient monuments, such as Sajjangad, Sahini Palace, Ajinkyatara, and Ajinkyatara Fort. You can also check out the Rajwada. From Mumbai, Satara is 252kms away.
56. Dajipur Wildlife Sanctuary: Situated in Kolhapur district, the Dajipur Wildlife Sanctuary was founded in the year 1958. The presence of Radhnagiri Dam and Lake adds more attraction to this wildlife sanctuary. Rich in flora and fauna, the Dajipur Wildlife Sanctuary is home to more than 250 animal species. It is 452kms from Mumbai.
57. Stay Experience in Maachli: The rustic charm of Maachli draws in thousands of peace and adventure seekers every year. The farmhouses in Maachli offer an unforgettable experience to the tourists. The palm trees and the free flowing river also pump up the beauty of the place. From Mumbai, Maachli is 552kms.
58. Dudhsagar Falls: We all know that Goa is a place packed with natural beauty, and the Dudhsagar Falls is the perfect example of it. Situated at a distance of 575kms from Mumbai, this waterfall is one of the tallest waterfalls in India. The height of this waterfall is 1017 feet. There are two amazing national parks located close to Dudhsagar.
59. Goa: The amazing beaches, dense forest, and nightlife of Goa are truly wonderful. This place has too many things for the tourists to check out. In addition, it also has some of the most magnificent ancient structures, such as Bascilia of Bom Jesus and St. Cajetan Church. The distance between Mumbai and Goa is 584kms.
60. Jaigad: Located in the Ratnagiri district, this place is known for a highly popular fort. Yes, we are talking about the Jaigad Fort, which is situated only 14kms from the city centre. Another popular attraction of Jaigad is its lighthouse. No doubt, the beach is equally beautiful. The distance from Mumbai to Jaigad is 319kms.
61.Ellora: The Ellora caves in Maharashtra is listed among the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The monastery-temple cave looks absolutely magnificent, and the rock-cut sculptures are sure to grab your attention. When you visit Ellora, do not forget to explore the Kailasa temple. From Mumbai, Ellora is 328kms.
62. Ajanta: Comprising of 29 rock-cut caves made by the Buddhists, the Ajanta caves were made during the 2nd century BCE. If history fascinates you then Ajanta is definitely a perfect weekend destination for you. The paintings inside the caves add more appeal to this place. The distance between Mumbai and Ajanta is 426kms.
63. Champaner: Being a famous historical city in the Indian state Gujarat, Champaner welcomes thousands of travellers every month. Some of the must visit places in Champaner are Pavangadh Hill, Champaner Fort, Kevada Masjid, Sahar ki Masjid, Jama Mosque, Buland Darwaza, and Champaner Archeological Park. From Mumbai, Chamapner is 457kms away.
64. Amboli: The Amboli hill station is situated at an elevation of 2,260 feet or 690 meters. The beauty of Sahayadri Hills shared by Amboli pulls in a lot of tourists every month. Dense forest, waterfall, and fort are the main highlights of Amboli’s tourism. Mahadevgad Fort is a must check out place. Amboli is 486kms from Mumbai.
65. Bijapur: Also known as Vijayapura, this district lies in the Indian state Karnataka. There are numerous historical monuments present in Bijapur, such as the highly popular Gol Gumbaz, Bijapur Fort, Bara Kaman, Ibrahin Rouza, Jama Masjid, Asar Mahal, and Banni Mata Temple. The distance between Mumbai and Bijapur is 499kms.
66. Dandeli: Another town in Karnataka, Dandeli is well known among the tourists for its wildlife sanctuary. The Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary is home to a wide range of animal and birds species, such as monkeys, elephants, black panthers, tigers, and many more. Plus, you should also check out the Dandeli Nature Camp. Mumbai to Dandeli distance is 565kms.
67. Gokarna: Even though Gokarna is located at a distance of 703kms but that does not stop people in Mumbai from visiting this place for their weekend trip. After all, the beautiful landscapes and the pristine beaches of Gokarna are absolutely hard to resist. This place has a lot of religious attractions that one can visit.