Wed, 21 Apr - Thu, 22 Apr | 1 Room, 2 Guest
- Domestic Airport
- 8259+ Taxes 1259
- Andheri East-International Airport
- 8023+ Taxes 1223
- South Mumbai Vicinity
- 10880+ Taxes 2380
- 9919+ Taxes 2169
- Andheri West
- 7964+ Taxes 1214
- 6244+ Taxes 952
- 7080+ Taxes 1080
- 7670+ Taxes 1170
- South Mumbai Vicinity
- 5310+ Taxes 810
- Andheri East-International Airport
- 7375+ Taxes 1125
- Andheri East-International Airport
- 5663+ Taxes 863
- 7964+ Taxes 1214
- 7670+ Taxes 1170
Book 587 Hotels in Mumbai
Hotels in Mumbai
Mumbai is a city where millions of people arrive everyday to fulfill their dreams. Based in the heart of Maharashtra, it has a magnetic charm that attracts people to come here to try their luck. It is also the financial capital of India and the city where Bollywood belongs. In this largest city of India, people from all walks of life and varying cultures live. The city has its own history that is evident from the huge colonial structured buildings that are predominate in certain pockets of the city. In terms of tourism, Mumbai has a lot to offer to the tourists. The jewel in its crown that bedazzles the tourists is the Marine Drive and the Gateway of India. The other tourist destinations are the Parsi colonies, Juhu beach and so on.
Mumbai has a pace of its own. Right from long hours at work to night long parties it truly is a city that never sleeps. The charisma is such that people from across the globe come here to soak in the energy and vibe of the city. No matter what your reason to visit the city, Mumbai will not disappoint you. If you are looking for a place to stay in Mumbai then there is a plethora of stay options to choose from.
You can choose hotels in Mumbai as per your budget. The 5-star properties of the city are usually located in prime areas like Santacruz, Worli, Andheri and Colaba. You will also get a number of pocket-friendly options to stay near Juhu, Andheri East, Grant road and so on. If you want hotels in Mumbai at reasonable rates then you can choose from places like Vile Parle, Church gate and Vashi. There are many hotels in Mumbai where one can stay. There are many hotels in mumbai for couples that are located on the coastline.
Places to Visit in Mumbai
Mumbai is a delight for the tourists, there are a number of places to see here that one simply should not miss. Here are a couple of places that one must include in their list of must visit places in Mumbai.
1. Marine Drive: This is undoubtedly the best stretch that Mumbai flaunts. It starts from Nariman Point and goes on till the Chowpatty beach. The drive is of 3 kilometers, and it is right next to the sea coast in the Southern part of Mumbai. This is the best place in Mumbai to get a glimpse of sunset.
2. Gateway of India: This is not only a historical monument but also a landmark of Mumbai. The gateway was built by the British in 1924 and is still synonymous with the city. It is located at the Apollo Bunder Waterfront and is a huge hit amongst tourists.
3. Colaba causeway: This is one of the most buzzing places in Mumbai. This is a hub for street shopping and the tourist love to explore the endless list of trinkets they discover here. There are various small shops and cafes here for them to enjoy. This place has a charm about itself that allures the tourist.
4. Juhu Beach: Mumbai is located on the Arabian Sea coast and it is but natural that they will flaunt a number of beaches for tourists to discover. One of their most popular beaches in Mumbai is the Juhu Beach. This place is close to Andheri and is one of the best beaches that Mumbai flaunts.
5. Sri Siddhi Vinayak Temple: This is temple of lord Ganesha. Located in Prabhadevi, this is known as one of the most pious locations in Mumbai. Every day, thousands of people are known to visit the temple to offer their prayers. This temple was built in 1801 and is one of the grandest temples.
6. Haji Ali: This shrine of Haji Ali is located in the sea and is connected to the mainland through a small trip of land. This shrine of the famous Muslim Sufi saint is popular for its sanctity and beautiful scenery that it offers to the tourists. People from all walks of life are known to come here to get their blessings.
7. Elephanta caves: This is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is a rock cut art that belongs to the medieval India. The caves are located at an island that is located about 11 kilometers from the mainland. From the island, the tourists get a beautiful breath-taking view of Mumbai city’s skyline.
8. Bandra Worli Sea Link: Mumbai is the financial capital of the country. Needless to say, it has to also flaunt the best infrastructure in the country. One of such engineering wonders is the sea link that is a symbol of progress in the city. The sea link is known to connect Mumbai’s Arterial Annie Besant Road.
9. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus: This was earlier known as the Victoria Terminus. It is one of the busiest railway stations in the city, the terminus has a bus depot and an important railway station. It is built in a Victorian Gothic style and has been declared as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
10. Chowpathy: Chowpathy is another popular beach in Mumbai that is famous for chilling. This place is tucked in towards the Northern end of the Marine Drive. It is a great place to hang out for families. It is a great place to have chat that Mumbai is famous for.
Things to do in Mumbai
· Visit the Prince of Wales Museum: The Prince of Wales Museum is one of the must visit places in Mumbai. This is a heritage building that not only houses beautiful artefacts and paintings inside it but is also an amazing piece of architecture. The museum flaunts relics from the various pages of Indian History.
· Enjoy with kids at the Essel World: Who, does not like an amusement park? The Essel world is located in the northern part of Mumbai and has a water park and amusement park. They are touted as one of the best amusement parks in India. A lot of tourists are known to come here to escape from the heat of the city during summers.
· Go Shopping at the Fashion Street: This is one of the most sought-after shopping hubs in Mumbai. This place is a paradise for street shopping and lots of students are known to come here to stack up on their dose of trendiest and latest fashionable clothes.
· Check out the glamour world at the Film City: Bollywood is the biggest film industry in India. One cannot come to Mumbai and not see the stars shooting. The best place to get a glimpse of this world is the Indian Film city. At any given point of time various shootings are going on at this place. Many tourists come here to get a glimpse of the glamour world.
· Check out the National Gallery of Modern Arts: This is located in Colaba and was established in 1196. This is the National museum of Modern Art that was conceptualized and set up to promote Indian art and culture. It was initially a place where concerts were held but later it was converted into a gallery where talent can be showcased.
· Explore the Sanjay Gandhi National Park: If you are a nature lover, then Mumbai will not disappoint you. It has a wildlife sanctuary located within the city. Known as the Sanjay Gandhi national park it is a lovely place where one can spot Leopards, Boars, Macaquers, Sunbird, and kingfisher and so on. One can also enjoy a train ride at this place.
· Visit Global Vipassana Pagoda: This is located near the North Western part of Mumbai. The Global Vipassana Pagoda is located near Gorai and is the symbol of harmony and peace. This place was built in honor of the Vipassana teacher and Accountant General of the Independent Burma – Sayayo U Ba Khin. He was extremely popular with the Vipassana students.
· Visit the Mumbai Zoo with kids: If you are travelling with kids then a visit to the Mumbai Zoo is a must. This zoo is also known as Veermata Jijabai Udhyan and is a great place to see animals and birds. This is a popular spot for families who are travelling to Mumbai with kids.
· Explore the Kanheri caves: These caves are a part of the Sanjay Gandhi National park and are known for its rock cut monuments and alcoves. These caves are known to depict various facets of the Indian art and culture and have a lot of Buddhist influence in them. There are as many as 109 entrances to the caves. Tourists come here to see ancient sculptures, carvings and paintings.
· Pray at the Mahalaxmi Temple: This is a temple dedicated to Goddess Mahalaxmi. This temple is located on a slightly higher ground from where one gets an excellent view of the city. Being dedicated to Goddess Lakshmi this temple is thronged by devotees all year long.
Major Shopping Places in Mumbai
Mumbai being the hub of Hollywood has a lot to offer to its tourists. It is undoubtedly one of the most glamorous cities in India and without doubt a shopper’s paradise. When in Mumbai there are a lot of places to shop. If you are planning to indulge in some street shopping then you must visit – the fashion Street, Colaba Causeway, Linking Road, Hill Road, Chor bazaar, Crawford, Hindmata Market, Zaveri Bazaar and Bandra. Each one is a hidden treasure by its own capacity.
Ensure that you browse through the endless shops to get the best deal and also bargain with them to pay the right price. There are also a number of malls in Mumbai where one can indulge in some high-end fashion shopping. Here are a few of the malls that one can visit in Mumbai- Infiniti Mall, High Street Phoenix, Phoenix Market City, R City, Inorbit,Oberoi mall and Growels.
Mumbai is also an amazing place to try out new types of food. It is famous for its street food like Vada Pav, Pav Bhaji and chaats. If you want to indulge in some fancy dining then also, they have options galore like – East Asian Spice Trail, Ark Bark, JW Café and Nawab Saheb. You can also eat at some old restaurants that are considered the true gem like the Leopald café and Brittania. If you are staying at any hotels in Mumbai you can ask them to guide you about nearby restaurants.
How to reach:
Mumbai can be reached by air, train or bus. The Mumbai Airport is known as the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaja International Airport earlier known as Sahara International Airport. Many international airlines also fly from this city. The airport has 2 terminals one is 30 kilometers from the city center and the other is 4 kilometers from the domestic terminus in Santa Cruz. Both airports flaunt duty free shops, restaurants, left baggage sheds and tourist offices. If you are planning to come to Mumbai by train then you can opt for any of these stations – the Kalyani railway station in the suburbs, The Chattrapati Shivaji Terminal and Mumbai Central and the Dadar Station. By road also Mumbai is well connected to the rest of the Country. From all these places, you can take a cab to various hotels in Mumbai
The best time to visit Mumbai is from November to February when the humidity level is low. Actually, all year long it is fine apart from the Monsoon season which is severely humid and uncomfortable in Mumbai.
City of Dreams
Mumbai, the City of Dreams, wins hearts with its magnetic charm and vivacious energy. Its cosmopolitan culture harmoniously binds people belonging to all walks of life. Apart from playing an integral role in driving India's economy, the city is also home to the massive Bollywood industry. Its history is largely reflected in its stately colonial structures and tiny fishing boats. People converge and soak in the splendor of the Marine Drive and the Gateway of India, true reflections of the city. Whether it is the simple joy of capturing photos against the sparkling Mumbai skyline, munching on roasted corncobs while gazing at the setting sun, or simply battling the rush-hour crowd to catch the fast local train, the Mumbai experience is worth trying out for more reasons than one.
Hotels in Mumbai
On arrival, you could pick from a range of luxury, budget, or mid-priced hotels in Mumbai. If you prefer a premium stay, then areas like Santacruz, Andheri, Worli, and Colaba house the best five-star hotels in the city. However, if you are planning to save up on your finances, you could opt for budget hotels in Mumbai, which are mainly located in areas like Grant Road, Andheri (E), and Juhu. There are also a good number of mid-priced options available across places like Vashi, Vile Parle, and Churchgate, among other areas.
Things to remember
- Be careful of your belongings as Mumbai is crowded and you could be the target of petty thefts
- You can either opt for public transport that is convenient and affordable or enquire about facilities offered by the Mumbai hotel you are staying at
So book your hotel in advance, which is made convenient by the Cleartrip app. This application offers you the best deals and discounts on travel packages. Its newest feature, pay@hotel, even lets you pay directly when checking into any of the best hotels in Mumbai for added convenience.
Mumbai Hotels Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best time to visit Mumbai?
Mumbai’s weather is not too extreme but it would be better if you could avoid the monsoon season. October to February is the best time to visit Mumbai among all other seasons.
Which are the top 5 must visit places in Mumbai?
Gateway of India, Elephanta Caves, Colaba Causeway Market, Juhu Beach, and Film City are the top 5 places which every tourist must explore and enjoy on his Mumbai visit.
How can I get attractive discounts on hotels in Mumbai?
One can go through the online travel sites like Cleartrip, where all sorts of hotels from budget hotels and boutique hotels to 5-star hotels in Mumbai are available. You can also use a valid coupon code to avail the best deal. Price comparison is essential.
Can unmarried couples stay in hotels in Mumbai?
Yes there are many hotels in Mumbai where unmarried couples are allowed. However, it is essential to carry their valid ID proof (such as voter ID, Aadhar card, etc). You may have to show your ID at the time of checking in.
How can I find Juhu Beach hotels?
You can easily find Juhu beach hotels on Cleartrip by entering Juhu, Mumbai in the Where field option on the Hotels Page. The lists of hotels on and near the Juhu beach will be displayed in the search results and you can book as per your need and budget. You can also check out guest houses in Juhu and service apartments in Juhu
How do I book hotels in Mumbai near beach?
Enter the location as “Mumbai followed by specific beach” in the Where location filter on the Cleartrip website hotels page. Or Go directly to Mumbai Hotels page from the link in the Cleartrip footer.Lists of hotels on or near the specified beach will be listed and you can shortlist and choose as per your choice and budget.
Do Mumbai hotels offer wheelchair facility?
There are some hotels which provide this facility. However, one should contact the hotel and get confirmation on this matter before booking.
What can I buy from Mumbai?
You can buy artwork, saris or any other clothing, costume jewellery, postcards, bollywood posters, decor item and local spices as well.
Can you tell which are the popular Mumbai night clubs?
Mumbai offer some of the best night clubs, such as Birla Centurion, Skyzone, Atria- the Millenium Mall, Four Seasons Hotel and so on. These are the perfect night club options to explore.
Can you list the top 5 beaches in Mumbai?
The best five beaches of Mumbai are Aksa, Juhu, Chowpatty, Madh-Island, Gorai beach.
What are the famous sightseeing spots in Mumbai?
The dream city of Mumbai offers excellent spots to visit, such as Marine Drive, Gateway of India, Kanheri caves, Bandra-Worli Sea Link, Shree Siddhivinayak temple, Haji Ali, Colaba Causeway street market, Mahakali Dhobi Ghat, Dharavi Slum and more.
What are some must do things in Mumbai?
From adventurous water ride to typical shopping at the local markets of Mumbai, every tourist will find their most loved things-to-do in this megacity. Gaming, trekking, rafting, resort outing, spa retreat are some things to do in Mumbai
Suggest a few top party places in Mumbai?
You can hang-out with your friends and party at Mumbai’s dance floors, retro bars, night clubs, and city’s by lanes, live music scene etc. Choose your favourite and preferable spot to go out with your near and dear ones.
What activities and experiences can I enjoy in Mumbai?
You can go for outdoor activities like theme parks, go karting and golf, etc. Adventurous experiences like exploring the wild life, camping, rafting, yachting, paragliding, water sports, scuba diving, and zip lining, etc. You can also go for resort day outings.
How to book a room for international guests near Juhu beach Mumbai?
From where can I book a good resort for a day outing in Mumbai?
Day outing at a resort in Mumbai is a great way to spend a day with family and friends. Cleartrip offers amazing resort day outing options in Mumbai.
Can you name some 5-star hotels in Mumbai?
The Orchid, ITC Grand Central, Sahara Star, The Lalit Mumbai, JW Marriot Mumbai Sahar are a few 5 star hotels in Mumbai. Get the best deal at Cleartrip.com and many more benefits too.
Can you list some beach hotels in North Mumbai?
In North Mumbai, Roadway Inn, La Quinta Inn North Myrtle Beach, Comfort Inn are few top options. To gather more info, you can choose North Mumbai from the ‘Hotels By Region’ drop-down on the Mumbai Hotels page on Cleartrip.
Can you name some beach resorts in Mumbai?
Golden Toff Resort, Pali Beach Resort, The Resort, River Winds Resort are some beach resorts in Mumbai .
What are the top hotels to stay at Mumbai?
Looking for top luxurious hotels to have exciting stay? Then you can go for The Lalit Mumbai, Radisson Blu Square, JW Marriot, The Oberoi and The Leela Mumbai.
How far is Juhu Beach Mumbai from Marine Drive?
While driving to Juhu beach from Marine Drive, it hardly takes 26 to 30 minutes. Total distance covered in this is 22 km.
Where can I enjoy best dinner buffets in Mumbai?
The top listed places to enjoy a delicious dinner buffets in Mumbai is at 24/7, The Earth Plate, The Regale by Tunga and more. There are options of veg, non-veg and multi-cuisine buffets.
What are the top places of interest in Mumbai?
Gateway of India, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Haji Ali, shopping at Colaba Causeway, Taj Mahal Palace, Chor Bazar are few top places of interest in Mumbai.
Can you tell me about some beach hotels in Mumbai?
Well, you can try some great beach hotels in Mumbai like Comfort Inn, Roadway Inn, Sun N Sand hotel, and Hotel Sea Princess. The ambience offered by these hotels is unmatchable.
How is Mumbai’s nightlife?
The mega city which never sleeps has enticing nightlife options. One can admire the beauty of nearby beaches, party at night clubs, and spend some amazing time on the dance floors.
Are there any villas near Juhu Beach?
Yes, there are many options of villas near Juhu beach which are available on rental or sale basis. Check out Cleartrip.com for more info.
Is parking facility available at Juhu beach hotels?
Almost every hotel near Juhu beach has parking facilities. Some have pay and park facility while some have free parking facility. Hotels located close to the beach even offer valet parking.
Do beach hotels in Mumbai offer bar facility?
Yes, there are many beach hotels which offer bar facility. Novotel is one such hotel you can consider. Check out more hotels in Mumbai with bar on Cleartrip.
Where can I go for weekend gateways from Mumbai?
From Mumbai, one can opt for places like Goa, Nashik, Lonavala, Pune for weekend gateways. Most of the travellers prefer road trip for these destinations.
How to get best hotels in Mumbai for unmarried couples?
There are various affordable hotels in Mumbai that are ideal for unmarried couples. You can browse through the Cleartrip website to find them. They may or may not ask for identification.
Do you get hotels in Mumbai with family rooms?
There are many hotels in Mumbai that offer suites and family rooms. It is advisable that prior to checking in, kindly ask the reception for the options available.
Are there hotels in Mumbai less than 1000?
You can get hotels in this budget in areas like Vile Parle, Church gate and Vashi.
Do hotels in Mumbai have indoor swimming pool?
Yes, there are various hotels in Mumbai that have indoor swimming pool for guests to indulge in
Can one book hotels in Mumbai for new year party?
Mumbai is a party hub and many hotels in Mumbai organize lavish New Year party where you can also stay.
Can one get hotels in Mumbai under 5000?
There are many properties in Mumbai in this budget. Use the price filter on Cleartrip to get a list of hotels.
Are there any hotels in Mumbai under 6000?
There are various 3- star and 4-star hotels in Mumbai in this budget. Search on Cleartrip as per your budget and book after checking the hotel details and reading the reviews.
Do you get hotels in Mumbai under 3000?
Yes, there are various affordable properties in this budget in various locations like Andheri East, Kurla, Near the airport, Thane-Nashik Highway, Malad, Vasai, Powai and more.
Are there hotels in Mumbai near to international airport?
Yes, there are many hotels of various budgets near the airport. Both luxury and budget hotels are there. Some are Waterstones Hotel, The Leela Mumbai, The Lalit Mumbai, Hyatt Regency, VITS, The Mirador, Peninsula Grand and many more.
*All prices displayed here are indicative, prices will vary based on your dates of travel.