Flights from New Delhi to Kathmandu onFare Calendar
Book Low Price
Delhi Kathmandu Flights on Cleartrip today!
Kathmandu is Nepal’s largest city, attracting a large number of tourists from all over the world. Snow-capped peaks of Chandragiri, Shivapuri, Phulchoki and Nagarjuna surround Kathmandu and make it the first choice for trekkers and mountaineers as well.
Are you booking Delhi to Kathmandu flights? If yes, you are at the ideal place. Using Cleartrip, you can book cheap flights from Delhi to Kathmandu and Kathmandu to Delhi flightsas well. Even if you are traveling to this place for the first time, you will not be bogged down, as our Cleartip app and website will make the entire booking process convenient and simple, and also offer valuable tourist information. Our application is user-friendly and offers you a wide range of options, such as PNR status checking, web check-in, baggage assistance, etc., all of which will make your travel to Kathmandu hassle free. If you book 90 days in advance, you can, in fact, save money on your Delhi to Nepal flights. Booking in advance saves a lot of money and when you do it via Cleartrip, you will get the best Delhi to Kathmandu ticket price.
Delhi to Kathmandu: Direct vs Connecting flight
Delhi to Kathmandu flights cheap rates are available to the early birds who book through Cleartrip. Delhi to Kathmandu flight distance is 813 kms. Direct as well as connecting flights from Delhi to Nepal can be booked at lowest airfare through Cleartrip. We offer cheap Delhi to Kathmandu flight prices. The nonstop flight is 1hr 45min on this route. Connecting flights between Delhi and Nepal take 5 to 10 hours. You can check Delhi to Nepal flights fare of various airlines on our website. There are many airlines that will make your Delhi to Nepal flight a comfortable one. Some of the prominent airlines which operate between these two destinations are Air India, Jet Airways, Druk Air, IndiGo and Royal Nepal Corp.
New Delhi Airport
- Airport Name: Indira Gandhi International Airport
- IATA code: DEL
- Terminals: 3
- Airport Address: Palam, Delhi 110037, INDIA
- Airport Name: Tribhuvan International Airport
- IATA code: KTM
- Terminals: 2
- Airport Address: Ring Rd, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Commuting to New Delhi Airport
IGI is easily accessible by bus, metro, private taxis and cars. Here are some of the common modes of commuting to the Delhi Airport:
- Taxis and cabs- There are many private taxis and cab services like Ola, Uber, and Easy Cab, that you can book to the airport.
- Airport Express Metro- It is the best and the cheapest way to reach the Airport. Airport Express Metro will take 19 minutes for you to reach the IGI Airport.
- DTC Buses- This is yet another popular option to reach IGI Airport. You can get a bus from almost every locality in Delhi, and the frequency of buses is also quite satisfactory.
Commuting from the Kathmandu Airport
When you walk out from Kathmandu airport, you can head straight to the car parking zone. You will get a number of taxis there that you can easily book. All the major tourist spots can be accessed easily from the airport. Local buses or taxis are the major commuting options in Kathmandu. City center or primary tourist area Thamel is just 6 km from the Kathmandu airport.
There is a prepaid taxi counter at the Tribhuvan International Airport which operates 24*7. Since you will be booking a prepaid taxi, you will get a receipt of the fare beforehand. Thamel is a popular tourist spot and backpackers hub, and if you take a taxi to this place, then you will have to pay Rs. 750 for this. If you book a local taxi, then you would save around Rs. 200- Rs. 300 on your taxi bookings. You can also board the local bus at the Airport and reach your desired destination.
Delhi Tourist Guide
About Delhi: Delhi is the capital of India. Since 6th century BC, Delhi has been inhabited and has been serving as the capital of different historical empires and kingdoms. People who live in Delhi today are known as Delhiites or the Dilliwalas, or sometimes Dilwale. This city will give you a glimpse of both history and the modern world. It is a colourful cacophonous city in India where a traveler cannot resist but explore varied rhythms.
Delhi Weather & Temperature: The best time to find pleasant weather in Delhi are October and November or February and March. At other times, it is either too hot or too cold here in Delhi. In October, temperature will vary between 20 to 25 degrees. In November the temperature will range between 15 to 20 degrees. The summer months are hot in Delhi with temperature going up to 48 degrees C; and hence you must wear sunscreen, hat, and shades and keep yourself dehydrated at all times. July and August are monsoon months.
Delhi Food: Food in Delhi needs special mention as there is a lot of variety.
- Paranthas- Chandni Chowk’s Paranthe Wali Gali is the place to eat all kinds of paranthas.
- Chaat- Delhi street food is famous for the best Chaats at Shahjahan road, Karol Bagh, Bittu Tikki Wala, Chandni Chowk, Daulat ki Chaat, etc.
- Chhole Bhature- When in Delhi, have Chhole Bhature from Sagar’s or Baba Nagpal Corner at Lajpat Nagar or the Sitaram Diwan Chand in Paharganj.
- Butter Chicken- Butter chicken comes in a variety of avatars in Delhi. Some of the best places to have it in Delhi are Moti Mahal, Pandara Road and Kainoosh.
- Kebabs- Originally Kebabs came from Turkey. However, Delhi does have some of the best ones. Try out the seekh kebab, galouti or kakori from Kainosh or Meherchand Markets.
In addition to these places, you can also explore local delicacies at various stalls which sprawl around the city. Don’t miss Khan Market, North Campus, Hudson Lane, Pandara Road, Nizamuddin, Amar Colony, and Safdarjung Enclave.
Shopping in Delhi: Delhi is a shopper’s paradise. The city has a number of shops, which showcase high-end brands, and at the same time you can also enjoy street shopping in Delhi. Some of the popular areas that you should not miss are Dilli Haat, Janpath Market, Connaught Place, Palika Bazar, Greater Kailash, Khan Market, Saket Mall, DLF Emporio, DLF Mall of India, South Ex, Karol Bagh.
Key Attractions in Delhi: Delhi is a tourist hub, and you can find historical places, temples and parks where you can revisit our history. Some of the popular spots that you must have in your bucket list include The Red Fort, Qutub Minar, The Lotus Temple, India Gate, Jama Masjid, Humayun’s Tomb, Rajpath, Rashtrapati Bhawan, Jantar Mantar, Akshardham Temple, Chattarpur Temple, ISKON Temple, Purana Quila, Raj Ghat and many more.
Kathmandu Tourist Guide
About Kathmandu: It is the capital of Nepal and one of the most renowned tourist places. Not only it has spiritual significance, but at the same time, the scenic beauty of this place makes it one of the favourite tourist destinations. The place also hosts a wide number of festivals. If you want to witness the culture and lifestyle of this place, check the Delhi to Kathmandu flight fares on Cleartrip today before making the bookings in advance. This historical city has been one of the oldest centers of art, history, culture, and economy in Nepal. The major population of Kathmandu is either Hindus or Buddhists. The city is basically the gateway to the Nepalese Himalayas.
Kathmandu Weather & Temperature: October to December is the best time to visit this place. The weather is clear and you can easily stroll around the city. Until April the weather is dry. If you are planning to visit in the month of January and February, then they can be extremely cold. Nepal is known for trekking and mountaineering. You can also enjoy the natural beauty and glorious mountains. If you are willing to enjoy all this, visit Nepal in October to December.
Kathmandu Food: The ethnically diverse land of Nepal offers an impressive choice of local cuisines. Nepalese food influenced by Tibet and India along with western dishes makes Kathmandu holidays a growing interest of tourists. The most popular dish of Nepal is Dal bhat made with simple and basic ingredients. Some other popular food is Swo, Chatamari, Choee and Yanghu yi hau. Here are a few dishes you must never miss when in Kathmandu.
- Momos- This is perhaps the quintessential food in Nepal. This is a dish made in all Kathmandu restaurants, street side stalls and also in almost every home. These are dumplings with varied stuffing inside.
- Chatamari- Labeled often as the taco of Nepal, this also comes with many kinds of stuffing.
- Samosa- Around 30% of people in Nepal are Indian, and hence you can get the favorite Indian snack samosa here as well.
- Choila set- This Newari dish is made with grilled buffalo meat.
- Sekuwa- This is the Nepalese BBQ meat.
Add some restaurants to your list, including Fire and Ice, Bhojan Griha, Kaiser café, Le Sherpa, Rosmary Kitchen and Coffee Shop, Saigon Pho, and Utse Restaurant.
Shopping in Kathmandu: Shopping in Nepal can be a bliss if you know the right places to do shopping. You can buy pashmina, Thangkas, Singing Bowls, paintings, beads, stone jewelery, incense sticks and spices. You can get them at the best rates at Aroma Garden, Durbar Square, Thamel and Sagarmatha Bazar.
Key Attractions in Kathmandu: Some of the must visits are Swayambhunath Stupa, City Museum, Rani Pokhari, Helamba, Mahabouddha Temple, Itum Bahal, Kwa Bahal, Peace Gallery, Bhimsen Temple, Langtang National Park, Narayanhiti Palace, Katheisimbhu Palace, Hanuman Dhoka, Casino Royale, Phulchowki, Dakshinkali Temple and Taudaha Lake.
Kathmandu Visa Information
For foreign travelers, Nepal makes things very easy.
- Indian nationals do not require any visa to visit Kathmandu.
- When you arrive at the international airport in Kathmandu, you can get the Visa instantly.
- For this, you need to have passport size photos and need to pay the visa fee in foreign currencies.
- Tourist visas are available for 15/30 and 90 days. The charges for these visas vary.
- The passport must also be valid for 6 months.
- You can also make visa extensions from Pokhara or Kathmandu at an additional charge.
Kathmandu Traveler Tips
- Tips to Save Money in Kathmandu: You can get yourself lowest flight fare from Delhi to Kathmandu and save money in your ticket booking itself. Cleartrip offers lowest Delhi to Kathmandu flight fare for the customers. When planning for a trip to Nepal, it is important to know ways to save money. One of the best ways to save some money is eating in teahouses or in local cafes. However, do check the hygiene element before eating. Another tip to save money is to stay in a dormitory.
- Cheap Places to Stay: Thamel is the best place to stay if you land in Kathmandu. Cleartrip lets you find budget-friendly hotel stays as well. Our website has a number of options of hotels, hostels and guesthouses to choose from, and if you book the hotel rooms along with Delhi to Kathmandu flight tickets, you can get a great saving on your bookings.
- Expensive Places to Stay: You will get a wide array of stay options in Kathmandu if you are looking for a luxury staying experience. Cleartrip.com lists all the popular 5-star hotels in Kathmandu, like Hotel Soaltee, The Hyatt, Hotel Yak and Yeti, Hotel De’la Annapurna and Hotel Radisson. On Cleartrip, you can crack the best deal on hotel bookings too.
- Kathmandu Homestays: If you are looking for cheaper homestays, then you can choose Kathmandu Homestays, Nagarjun HomeStay, Blue Mountain Home Stay Nepal, Kantipur Heritage Home Stay, and Khushi Homestay.
- Popular Dining Options in Kathmandu:
- Fire and Ice- Located at the luxury shopping list, this restaurant sports Italian cuisines.
- Bhojan Griha- More than 250 people can be catered here in Bhojan Griha. Traditional Nepalese cuisines are served here.
- Yangling Tibetan restaurant- The best momos in Kathmandu can be relished here.
- Rosemary Kitchen and Coffee Shop- Asian and European cuisine is served here.
Info on Tipping: As a tourist, you can tip the waiters as a goodwill gesture.
Top 10 Free Things to Do in Kathmandu
- Kopan Monastery- If you want to attend a meditation course or simply explore Buddhism, then drop down to the Kopan monastery. This Tibetan Buddhist monastery is situated to the Bouddhanath.
- Thamel- This is the central zone of Kathmandu and its most important night zone as well. There are markets, bars and restaurants, and a buzzing area you should never miss when you are here in Kathmandu.
- Budhanilkantha Temple- This is situated in Budhanilkantha. Explore the temple which has a large reclining statue of the Hindu God Vishnu.
- Baber Mahal Revisited - Baber Mahal Revisited (BMR) is a museum of the Rana architecture and is located near Singha Durbar government offices.
- Indra Chowk- Explore the market area.
- Pullahari monastery- Explore another Buddhist monastery nestled within the hills. If you wish to dwell upon the Buddhist teachings and insights, this is an ideal place. The main seat of fourth Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche, Lodro Chokyi Nyima (His Eminence) is here.
- Hanuman Dhoka - Royal palace from the 4th and 8th centuries can be explored here. The name originated from the statue of Hanuman-the devotee of Lord Rama.
- Garden of Dreams- Walk through the central Thamel to explore the serene natural surroundings.
- Asan Tole- Check out the market busy with the hustle bustle of vendors and vegetable shops.
- Durbar Squares- This is the heart of Kathmandu with its unique architecture. In Kathmandu, there are three Durbar or royal squares.
The price of a New Delhi to Kathmandu flight ticket varies between a minimum ₹ 4513 or up to ₹ 174791.
Information of New Delhi Kathmandu Flight
|Aerial distance||813 KM|
|Total flights from New Delhi to Kathmandu in a week||34 flights|
|First Flight||Air India 213 , departs at 06:30 AM|
|Last Flight||IndiGo 31 , departs at 11:50 AM|
|Popular Airlines from New Delhi to Kathmandu||Air India, Druk Air, Royal Nepal Corp, and IndiGo|
|Shortest Time of flights from New Delhi to Kathmandu||01h 40m|
|Airport codes flights from New Delhi to Kathmandu||New Delhi-DEL,Kathmandu-KTM|
|Time of New Delhi to Kathmandu flights||01h 45m|
New Delhi Kathmandu Cheap Flights
|New Delhi Kathmandu Cheap Flights||Fare ₹||Airlines Name||Date of journey||Timings|
|Cheapest Fare within 30 days||₹4513*||IndiGo||20/03/2020||07:07 AM-09:07 AM||Book Now|
|Cheapest Fare within 90 Days||₹4513*||IndiGo||20/03/2020||07:07 AM-09:07 AM||Book Now|
|Lowest Fare to Travel||₹4513*||IndiGo||20/03/2020||07:07 AM-09:07 AM||Book Now|
New Delhi Kathmandu Flights Timings & Other Info
|Flight timings||IndiGo||Royal Nepal Corp||Vistara||Air India||Malindo Air||Turkish Airlines|
|Early Morning (12 AM to 8 AM)||10||0||0||31||0||7|
|Morning ( 8 AM to 12 PM)||0||1||0||0||0||2|
|After Noon ( 12 PM to 4 PM)||6||0||31||0||0||0|
|Evening ( 4 PM to 8 PM)||0||30||0||0||0||0|
|Night ( 8 PM to 12 AM)||0||0||0||0||17||0|
|Baggage Details ( Check in )||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's||15 kg's|
FAQ about New Delhi to Kathmandu Flights
Which airlines should I choose to travel from Delhi to Kathmandu?
You can book Delhi to Kathmandu cheap flight tickets with various airlines via the Cleartrip website or mobile application. You can choose from IndiGo, Air India, Nepal Airlines, Jet Airways, Royal Nepal, and more.
What is the average price range of Delhi to Kathmandu flights?
The Delhi to Kathmandu airfare is around Rs.4513* to Rs.174791*. At Cleartrip, we help you search, book and confirm the cheapest Delhi to Kathmandu flights fare.
Which airlines fly frequently from Delhi to Kathmandu?
Flights from Delhi to Nepal are quite frequent. Every day there are multiple Delhi to Nepal flights. Popular airlines on this route are Nepal Airlines, IndiGo, Air India, Malindo Air. Cleartrip offers the lowest Delhi to Kathmandu airfare.
What is the cheapest airfare to fly from Delhi to Kathmandu?
The cheapest flight flying from Delhi to Kathmandu costs around ₹ 4513*. However, to find the best deals on your flight bookings, browse through Cleartrip now.
How to book the Cheapest Flight from Delhi to Kathmandu?
The best way to book cheapest flights from Delhi to Kathmandu is through our online booking platform Cleartrip. You can save even more money by booking at least 90 days before the scheduled departure. So, wait no more, search flights on Cleartrip, compare them, select the one that suits you and book them instantly.
What is today’s cheapest airfare from Delhi to Kathmandu?
Last-minute flight bookings are often expensive. If you want to book a Delhi to Kathmandu flight today, then the cheapest airfare you would find is around ₹4513*. However, it is between 18,000 to 1 lakh by many airlines. Book Now!
Is web check-in facility available for Delhi to Kathmandu flight?
Yes. You can use the Cleartrip app to do web check-in.
Can I get budget hotels in Kathmandu?
Yes, you can. There are different kinds of hotels in Kathmandu, including budget friendly, luxurious, etc. which you can book here on Cleartrip. You can check out the hotels based on traveler rating also. Most budget hotels in Kathmandu offer basic amenities such as wi-fi, air conditioning, restaurant, bar, room service etc. However, if you are looking for a budget stay, make a search through Cleartrip and sort the listing by price.
What facilities can a traveler get at the Delhi airport?
At the Indira Gandhi International Airport, you will get world-class facilities for sure. The Plaza Premium lounge offers spa and stress-busting massage and therapies. There are shower rooms, napping rooms, business center, wine and dine, all day buffet services, restaurants, high-end stores, wheelchair facilities, ATMs, Wi-Fi and more.
What facilities can a traveler get at the Kathmandu airport?
Kathmandu Airport is also well-equipped for travelers’ comfort. There are facilities like sleeping area, Wi-Fi, mobile charging points, 24-hour food options, meeting facilities, lockers, car parking, car rental, and hotels.
Can I do Duty-Free Shopping at Kathmandu Airports? If yes, what all can I buy?
Yes. Duty-free shipping can be availed at the Kathmandu airports. You can purchase alcohol and cigarettes here along with souvenirs. The Nepal Rastra Bank approves foreign currencies, which can be used here and these are US Dollar, British Pound, Australian Dollar, SwissFranc, Danish Kroner, Hong Kong Dollar, Saudi and Qatar Riyal, and the Euro. The airport also accepts all the major credit cards, such as Visa Card, Master Card and American Express.
Most popular routes from New Delhi
- New Delhi Patna Flights
- New Delhi Mumbai Flights
- New Delhi Kolkata Flights
- New Delhi Goa Flights
- New Delhi London Flights
- New Delhi Bangalore Flights
- New Delhi Pune Flights
- New Delhi Bangkok Flights
- New Delhi New York Flights
- New Delhi Guwahati Flights
- New Delhi Lucknow Flights
- New Delhi Hyderabad Flights
- New Delhi Singapore Flights
- New Delhi Ranchi Flights
- New Delhi Chennai Flights
- New Delhi Varanasi Flights
- New Delhi Toronto Flights
- New Delhi Bhubaneswar Flights
- New Delhi Amritsar Flights
- New Delhi Ahmedabad Flights
- New Delhi Sydney Flights
- New Delhi Jammu Flights
- New Delhi Srinagar Flights
- New Delhi Leh Flights