London to Rome flight
London is a popular tourist destination and one of the main centres of attraction in Europe. This cultural capital of the world is known for music, museums, festivals, entertainment, and engineering. Apart from that,it is also a popular commercial and educational hub. On the other hand,Rome is a place known for its rich history of 1200 years of civilization.It is also known for gladiator fights. It is important to choose the right flight from London to Rome for the best experience.
Travelling from London to Rome by Plane
- Millions of people fly from London to Rome every year.
- The best time to visit Rome is October to April.
- The average flight duration from London to Rome is 2h 20 min.
- The distance between London and Rome is 910 miles / 1464 km.
- There are over 500 flights operating between London and Rome.
- There are 6 airlines that operate direct flights from London to Rome.
- Both non-stop and connecting flights are available on this route.
Most Reliable Airlines for the Route Between London to Rome
British Airways, Aitalia, and easyJet are some of the most popular airlines operating between London to Rome.
Best rated airlines for the route between London and Rome
Lufthansa, Aitalia, and easyJet are top3 best rated airlines running between London and Rome.
London is famous for Queen's official residence, Buckingham Palace. You can also take a tour of the Houses of Parliament, which is the historic home of the UK government. London is very well connected to its six international airports. There are around 50 countries, which are at a distance of just three-hour flight, and there are 300 international destinations that are directly linked to London. London has temperate maritime climate where summers are not very hot and winters not extremely cold. Summer temperature is 18ºC - 32ºC and winter temperature is 10 ºC -2 ºC. In autumn, humidity and rain is experienced.
- The currency of London is GBP and the currency of Rome is Euro. 1GBP is equal to 1.14 Euro.
- London is considered to be very expensive in comparison to other European cities. Cost of living in London for a small family of four people is 2,719.93£ without house rent.
- In London, you can pay via cash and cards i.e. credit & debit cards both. Mobile wallets are also accepted like the Google Walletand Apple Pay.
- There are lots of places in London like Madame Tussauds Museum,Tower of London, Big Ben, and Kensington Palace, Westminster Abbey,the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, View from the Shard, Tower Bridge, Big Ben, Churchill War Rooms, etc. which the people from around the world look forward to visit.
Rome is the capital and historic city, which is located in Lazio region in Italy. It is located on the central peninsula of Italy on the River Tiber.This is the ancient capital whose empire and armies has left many imprints on the western world. There are also various spiritual seats of Roman Catholic Church around the world. Their achievements also include the artistic and the intellectual footprints. This cosmopolitan city is known for 3,000 years of art, architecture and culture. The city has a mild Mediterranean climate which attracts visitors as the temperature ranges between 3 and 32 degrees Celsius.
- Currency of Rome as well as many European countries is Euro. 1 Euro= 0.88 British Pound
- Cost of living for a single person is 696.49€
- All modes of payment starting from Credit Card to mobile walletsare accepted in Rome.
- Top sights in Rome are Vatican Museum, Roman Forum, St Peter's Basilica, Palatino,Colosseum, Museo e Galleria Borghese, CapitolineMuseum, Pantheon etc. There is an underground railway system in Rome and it will take you to almost all the tourist destinations. The busiest tourist seasons are spring and the autumn with the peak season being Easter due to the Vaticanpilgrims who come in large numbers.
Find the cheapest month to travel from London to Rome
For the cheapest air ticket for London to Rome do bookings in January.
How to compare and get the best flights from London to Rome
Given below are some tips to get the cheapest flight between London to Rome:
- To get the cheapest flight from London to Rome one needs to book tickets 48 days in advance.ferent flight rates. With a travel app, it will be much easier for you to compare the prices of various airlines and choose the cheapest flight between London and Rome.
- To get the cheapest flight from London to Rome oneneeds to book tickets 48 days in advance.
- In case 48 days is not possible, book the tickets at least 4 weeks before the date of the journey to get the best available deal.
- On an average, it has been noticed that the flights departing in the morning has less fares than those in the evening.
- The cheapest month to fly from London to Rome is January. In July and August, the fares remain comparatively high.
Things you need to know before flying from London to Rome
- The city of London has six airports among which Heathrow airport and Gatwick are most crowded. You can reach the London airport using various transport options like taxi, private car, bus service, and train.
- London airports are favourite among travellers due to all the modern facilities like free Wi-Fi, shopping, eating outlets, bars,disabled facilities, baby care stations, meeting rooms, VIP lounges and more.
- There are two airports in Rome, namely Rome Ciampino, and RomeFiumicino. To travel from Rome airports, you can choose bus shuttle, Uber, train, tram, or private car transfer.
- Both the Airports in Rome are equipped with all the required amenities like bars and restaurants, cafes, resting lounges, VIP lounge, parking space, shopping space, local eateries, car renting space, FOREX offices etc.
Note: Cleartrip Lowest Air Fares Calendar provides an indication of prices (per person) for a range of dates, so that you can see the cheapest air fares easily. The air fares you see here may not be available at the time you try and book.