London to Melbourne Flights
The capital city of the United Kingdom London is also one of the world’s oldest and biggest cities. It has a deep cultural heritage and a global outlook. Melbourne, on the other hand, is the state capital of the Australian state of Victoria and is the second most populous city. The city is beautified by the presence of the Yarra River. There are innumerable airlines that provide flights from London to Melbourne as this is quite a busy route.
Travelling from London to Melbourne via plane
- Millions of people fly from London to Melbourne every year.
- The best time to visit Melbourne is September to November and March and May.
- The flying distance between London to Melbourne is 10508 miles /16912 km.
- On a direct flight, time to reach Melbourne from London is 21 h and10 m.
- There are 7 flights from London to Melbourne every week.
- 12 airlines offer flights from London to Melbourne.
- Mostly, connecting flights are available for this route.
Various Airlines for London to Melbourne
Etihad Airways, Royal Brunei Airlines, Air China, KLM, Philippine Airlines,China Southern, China Eastern, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, and Tianjin Airlines
Best Rated Airline for London to Melbourne Route
The highest rated airlines for London to Melbourne route are Royal Brunei Airlines and Emirates.
London has an elevation of 35 m above sea level and lies on the River Thames. The river has had prominent influence over the land for several years. Because of the Industrial Revolution, the city was influenced by many powerful people making this city multicultural. London is deep routed in history that dates back to almost the first century AD, when the Romans first discovered the city and named it Londinium. London has a favourable and pleasant weather. In summer the temperature averages around 18°C while winters are freezing when the temperature drops below 2°C. Usually it remains between 8 °C and 2°C during winters. There are 6 international airports in London, such as London City, London Heathrow, London Luton,London Southend, London Stansted, and London Gatwick.
- The currency of London is British Sterling Pound and the currency of Melbourne is Australian Dollar. The exchange rate of 1 GBP is1.829 AUD.
- The average cost of living in London is high. Hence the cost of accommodation alone for a single person is around £350 - £500approximately. Monthly cost of living without rent is around £750.
- The most important and accepted form of payment in London is Great Britain Pound. Payment is also accepted via debit cards, credit cards, Visa and PayPal.
- The best places to visit in London are the Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Tower of London, Hyde Park, London Dungeon, etc.
Melbourne is situated 31 meters above sea level. The city covers 9992.5 km2and has a population over 4 million. Melbourne was initiated by the free settlers from the British Crown colony in the year 1835. It has a high literacy rate and also ranks high in entertainment, healthcare, research and tourism. Melbourne is an international center for culture, and the cultural endeavors taken up by this place include festivals, carnivals,drama, theatre, music and art. Being in the southern hemisphere, the seasons are opposite. The winter season is pleasurable with an average temperature of 11 degree Celsius that drops below 5 degree Celsius at night. Also, summers in the city run from December to February with an average temperature of 29 degree Celsius. The city of Melbourne is served by 4 airports. These are Melbourne Avalon, Melbourne City Heliport,Melbourne Essendon, and Melbourne Tullamarine.
- The exchange rate of 1 Australian Dollar is 0.547 GBP.
- The average cost of living in Melbourne is also quite high. For a single person, the monthly cost is around 1,202.92A$ without house rent.
- In Melbourne, payment is mostly accepted in Australian Dollars I.e.cash. However, one can use alternate payment options as well such as PayPal, EasyPay, Credit cards, Debit Cards, etc.
- Some places of interest in Melbourne are Yarra River, Federation Square, Royal Botanic Garden, South bank and Arts Center, National Gallery of Victoria, Eureka Tower and Great Ocean Road and more.
The Cheapest Month to Travel to Melbourne from London:
The cheapest months to avail London to Melbourne flights are May. The flight fares in these months are around 1000AUD / 547 GBP. Ticket prices soar during the months of July, January and can cost more than 1500AUD/ 820GBP.
How to compare and get the best flights from London to Melbourne?
- Visit a premium comparison website that will help you avail the cheapest air tickets from London to Melbourne.
- After thorough comparison, passengers using this route have found tickets on this route at an average of £426-£550. Again flight price depends on time and date of departure.
- Avoid last-minute ticket booking. The cheapest fights can be booked60 days before the date of departure. If you are seeking cheap flight tickets, you should book the tickets at least 4 weeks prior to your departure.
- To clear previous record, delete cookies from your web browser and turn on the incognito mode. Also sign up for low airfare alerts on reliable travel sites.
Things you need to know before Travelling from London to Melbourne?
- London has 6 international airports. The Heathrow Airport (London)is located at a distance of 25.7 kilometers / 16 miles from the city center and can be reached by cab, bus, shuttle service,private car, and train.
- The airports in London are equipped with world-class facilities to make your journey comfortable. Facilities inside the airport include lounge, bars, restaurants, cash exchange, baby care, banks& ATMs, free internet, etc.
- Melbourne is served by 4 airports namely Melbourne Airport, Avalon Airport, Essendon Airport and Moorabbin Airport. The primary airport is Melbourne Airport, also known as Tullamarine Airport.Public buses, shuttle services of Sky Bus and car rentals facilitate easy travel to and from the Melbourne Airport.
- The Melbourne airport has host of facilities like currency exchange, lounge areas, emergency services, lost property assistance, facilities for disabled, etc.
Note: Cleartrip Lowest Air Fares Calendar provides an indication of prices (per person) for a range of dates, so that you can see the cheapest air fares easily. The air fares you see here may not be available at the time you try and book.