London to Amsterdam Flights
London is one of the most visited cities in the world. It has one of the busiest airports in the world known as the Heathrow Airport. Amsterdam on the other hand is a calm and cultural place that is easily accessible from London. You can scroll through various websites to get the right price of air ticket from London to Amsterdam.
Travelling from London to Amsterdam by flight
- Millions of people fly to Amsterdam from London every year.
- The best time to fly from London to Amsterdam is April, May,September, and November.
- How far is London to Amsterdam – 217 miles.
- The average flight duration from London to Amsterdam is around1h 11m.
- The total number of flights between London to Amsterdam is 1200+per week.
- There are 5 airlines which have direct flight services from London to Amsterdam.
- Connecting flights are also available for this route.
Most reliable airlines from London to Amsterdam
Vueling, British Airways, and KLM are some of the most reliable airlines from London to Amsterdam.
Best rated airlines available for this route
The best rated airlines that are available for this route are BritishAirways, KLM, and easyJet, with KLM being the more popular choice than others.
London is 35 m high above the sea level. Established by the Romans in 50AD, this capital city of England stands tall over the River Thames with Victoria on one end and the Big Ben on the other. The House of the Parliament, also referred to as the Palace of Westminster is on the north bank of the Thames River. The Royal Guards change every day at a particular time with their delight march for the tourists. The weather here is cooler most of the year with the maximum average temperature of 21 degree Celsius and the minimum average temperature of 5 degree Celsius. London is served by a total of 6 airports namely London City, London Heathrow, London Luton,London Southend, London Stansted, and London Gatwick.
- The currency of London is pound Sterling and the currency ofAmsterdam is Euro. 1 GBP is equal to 1.14 Euro.
- It is a very expensive city to live in. For a four-person family,it requires 2,712.52£ a month without house rent.
- The mode of payments accepted in the city is cash, credit and debit cards, e-wallets, such as PayPal, Google Wallet, and Apple Pay.
- There are lots of interesting places to see in and around London which are of great historical importance like Westminster Abbey,Southwark Cathedral, Trafalgar Square, Albert Memorial,The BrunelMuseum, Churchill War Rooms and Museum, and Tower BridgeExhibition.
Amsterdam is 13 m high above sea level. The city was built on over 10million wooden piles. This one of the most beautiful places is sure to entertain people of different generations with different choices. It is one of the rich centers of historical importance as well as a cosmopolitan town. The best thing about the city is how everything resides together starting from history, culture, art, sex, and drugs. The city has maintained a strict balance over the years, and is the most bicycle-friendly capital of the world. The average summer temperature generally does not rise above 22.1 degree C. During the winter, the temperature may fall to 5 degree C. Since the city lies at a close proximity to the North Sea, the temperature throughout the year remains comfortable. Amsterdam is served by one international airport named as Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. It is located 9 km southwest of the city.
- The currency of Amsterdam is Euro. The exchange rate for 1 GBP is around 1.15 Euro.
- Cost of living in Amsterdam for four person family without house rent is 3,008.75€ on an average.
- All the different mode of payments is acceptable in the different places of Amsterdam. One thing that the travellers should keep in mind is that Amsterdam local transport cards are much keener on accepting cards other than cash.
- There are lots of places of interest to visit, such as Van GoghMuseum, Rijksmuseum, Jordaan, Efteling, Anne Frank House and many more.
Find The Cheapest Month To Travel From London To Amsterdam
You can find cheapest flight from London to Amsterdam in March. The best time however to visit the place is April-May and from September to November just after the rush of the summer is over. Generally London to AmsterdamSchiphol cheapest flight day is Monday and most expensive day is Wednesday.
How to compare the best flights from London to Amsterdam
- Try to search your required dates of travel with the help of an application that shows the result of all the different airlines giving you an opportunity to compare among the best possible price.
- It has been noted that the flight departing at the morning are generally 9% cheaper than the ones departing in the evening.
- It is always advisable to book your journey at least 4 weeks before your departure in order to get a suitable rate.
- The best possible price for cheap flight tickets from London to Amsterdam can be availed if booking is done 75 days in advance.
- If you are on a tight budget then availing connecting flights can be a good choice but it will take a lot of your time.
What you need to know before flying from London to Amsterdam by plane?
- The Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is approximately at a distance of 9km from the main city. You can opt for train, taxi, shuttle service, Uber or private or shared transfer.
- The Amsterdam Airport has got all the required modern amenities and facilities to make your journey hassle-free, such as shops, bars and restaurants, baby care lounge, shopping pharmacy, financial services and more.
- There are six different airports present in and around London,which are well-connected and can be easily reached by means of bus,taxi, or shuttle service.
- All 6 London airport offer required modern facilities. At the London Stansted Airport facilities provided are baggage enquiries,wi-fi, escape lounge, prayer room, vat refunds, bag wrapping and weighing, cash machines, currency exchange and more.
Note: Cleartrip Lowest Air Fares Calendar provides an indication of prices (per person) for a range of dates, so that you can see the cheapest air fares easily. The air fares you see here may not be available at the time you try and book.