London to Milan Flights
Milan is the home to the Italian stock exchange and is also considered to be one of the top international centers for fashion. The capital of Lombardy, Milan is the second largest city in Italy. If you are looking to travel from London to Milan, flying is the most effective option to choose.
Travelling From London to Milan by Plane
- There are millions of travellers who travel through this route ever year.
- The best time to fly from London to Milan is between the months of April and May or September and October.
- The average distance from London to Milan is 952 km approximately.
- The average flight duration from London to Milan flights is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- There are 4 different airlines that fly from London to Milan.
- On an average, there are above 260 flights that fly from London to Milan on a weekly basis.
- Connecting flights are available for London to Milan route.
Most Reliable Airline From London To Milan
British Airways is the most reliable airline that operates between London and Milan. After British Airways, easyJet is the second most reliable and largest airline on this route.
Best-Rated Airline For This Route
Based on service and other aspects, SWISS is the best-rated airline that flies from London to Milan followed by KLM and British Airways.
Located at sea level of 35 m, London is the capital of the United Kingdom.The city has hosted the Olympics games three times in the years 1908, 1948,and 2012. The city has a rich and diverse history which dates back to Romanera. The weather in London is usually mild and cold throughout the year.During summers the average temperature remains at 18°C while in winters the temperature goes down to 2°C. There are 6 international airports in London.They are: City (LCY), Heathrow (LHR), Gatwick (LGW), Luton (LTN), Stansted(STN), and Southend (SEN).
- The currency of London is British Pound Sterling and the currency of Milan is Euro. The exchange rate of 1 British Pound Sterling is equal to 1.14 Euro.
- The average cost of living for a single person is approximately£750. Hence, London is an expensive city to live in.
- The different modes of payment accepted in London are cash, credit card, standing orders, direct debits, bank-cheque, etc.
- The best places to visit in London are Tower Of London, ChurchillWar Rooms, Tower Bridge, Houses Of Parliament, etc.
Located at sea level of 120 m, Milan is one of the densely populated cities in Italy. A quirky historical fact about Milan is that any individual can adopt the gargoyles that can be seen on the Milan Cathedral. The hottest month of the year is July when the temperature goes up to 25°C. Milan get scold during the month of January with the minimum temperature of 3°C. Rains are the highest during the month of July with close to 110 mm of rainfall.The international airports in Milan are Linate, Milan Central, and MilanoPorta Garibaldi.
- The currency in Milan is Euro and the exchange rate of 1 Euro is equal to 10.876 GBP.
- Cost of living for one person in Milan is approximately 749.00€ per month.
- The different modes of payment accepted in Milan are cash, credit card, debit card, and other alternate payment options, such as PayPal, etc.
- The best places to visit in Milan are Duomo di Milano, Il Cenacolo,and Piazza del Duomo, etc.
Find The Cheapest Month To Travel From London To Milan
The cheapest time to travel from London to Milan is March and May- June. The average price for flying between these two cities is approximately $80 -$160.
How to compare and get the best flights from London to Milan?
The tips listed below will help one find the cheapest airline tickets for London to Milan flights -
- It is best to compare your flight results from a reliable comparison website, which provides information related to place and date of travel.
- As everyone knows, flights that run late in the night or early in the morning are pretty economical. Hence, if such timings work for the traveller, then he/she can go for it. Also, it was noticed that booking a morning flight was 2% cheaper than booking an evening flight.
- It is always better for the traveler to clear all the cookies in the computer before looking for London to Milan flights.
- The most economic flight from London to Milan can be booked 63 days prior to departure. The commuters are recommended that the flights are booked at least 3 weeks in advance to get a price that is below the average estimate.
What Do You Need To Know Before Flying From London To Milan?
- The cheapest flight from London to Milan departs from Gatwick Airport which is located approximately 29.5 miles south of Central London.
- One can easily reach the airport via bus or taxi. The London Gatwick airport offers a wide range of facilities such as babies changing and feeding facilities, free WIFI access, shops and restaurants for dining, facilities for disabled travelers,specialised lounges for business travellers, etc
- The flight from London to Milan lands at Malpensa Airport, which is considered the busiest airport in Milan.
- Since the city center is 30 miles away from the airport, there are many shuttle services that run from the airport to the city center.
- A wide range of facilities offered at Malpensa Airport include eating, shopping, banking facilities within two terminals. Apart from that one can find Currency Exchange, VIP Rooms, Lost Luggage,Left Luggage, Pharmacy and Tourist Offices at Milan Airport.
Note: Cleartrip Lowest Air Fares Calendar provides an indication of prices (per person) for a range of dates, so that you can see the cheapest air fares easily. The air fares you see here may not be available at the time you try and book.