London to Geneva flights
The capital city of England, London has a rich British history. The iconic view of the clock tower ‘Big Ben’ and the Westminster Bridge over the RiverThames can drive one back to the days of Roman Civilization. Its history and culture reflects the essence of the place. Geneva, on the other hand,is a small city in the heart of Alps and Jura mountains. It is highly influenced by the French traditions. Travelling from London to Geneva is not only a journey from one place to the other rather it is a shift from one culture to the other.
Travelling from London to Geneva by Plane
- Throughout the year, millions of people travel from London to Geneva.
- The months of June to August are the best to visit Geneva.
- The distance from London to Geneva is approximately 462 miles/744 km.
- London to Geneva flight time is about 1 hour 25 minutes.
- There are over 500 flights every week from London to Geneva.
- Three are 7 airlines that have direct flights from London to Geneva.
- Both non-stop and connecting flights are available.
Most-reliable airline for London to Geneva Route
British Airways has the most number of direct flights from London to Geneva. It is the most-reliable airline for this route followed by SWISS and EasyJet.
Best rated airline for this route
SWISS, Lufthansa, and British Airways are the best rated airline from London to Geneva with a score of8.1, 8.0, and 7.9 out of 10.
Covering an area of 1,572 km², London is located at an elevation of 35meters. London is the capital city of England and United Kingdom and was found by the Romans. History says that London was named Londinium in the beginning. London enjoys a temperate maritime climate with mild summers and cold winters. The average temperature ranges between 5 °C to 19 °C with moderate rainfall throughout the year. It also has the world’s largest airport system with hundreds of airlines connecting it with the world.
- The currency used in London is British Pound Sterling and the currency of Geneva is Swiss Franc or CHF. 1 British Pound Sterling equals to 1.048 Swiss Franc.
- It may cost an individual approximately 754.63£ per month to live and travel in London.
- You can enjoy the services of a variety of payment methods in London such as cheques, Debit Card (Maestro, Debit MasterCard, VisaDebit, and Visa Electron), PayPal, ApplePay, Google Wallet,EasyPay, etc.
- A visit to the capital city is incomplete without a tour of the Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, SEALIFE London, Kensington Palace,Tower of London, London Dungeon, London Eye, Warner Bros. Studio,Windsor Castle, Madame Tussauds, Westminster Abbey, St. Paul’sCathedral and Trafalgar Square, etc.
Covering an area of 15.92 km2, the highest elevation (Chemin duPommier) is at 457 m and the lowest elevation (Le Rhone) is at 370 m.Geneva is the French speaking part of the Switzerland and has been proclaimed as the global city with various international organizations and centres of diplomacy. The city was an independent one until the 18th century. Geneva experiences snowfalls in winters and the temperature seldom drops below 0 °C. Summers are comparatively warm and the average temperature lies around 30 °C. It also enjoys rainfall all year round. Geneva is served by one international airport and situated 4 km northwest of the city centre. It connects the city with the rest of the world by a chain of airlines such as Lufthansa, British Airways, EasyJet,Emirates, SWISS, etc.
- Swiss Franc is the currency used in Geneva and 1 Swiss Franc is equal to 0.747 (GBP).
- The cost of living in Geneva for an individual approximately costs1,431.24 Swiss Franc per month.
- Geneva lets you use a variety of payment services such as cheques,Debit Card (Maestro, Debit MasterCard, Visa Debit, and VisaElectron), V Pay, PayPal, TWINT, ApplePay, Google Wallet, etc.
- The most famous tourist attractions in Geneva include Lake Geneva,Jet d’Eau, Temple de Saint-Pierre, Jardin Anglais (English Garden)and Parc de la Grange, Jardin Botanique, Place du Bourg-de-Four,Palais des Nations, Musée d'Art ET d'Histoire, Monument de laReformation and Parc des Bastions, Patek Philippe Museum, etc.
Find the cheapest month to travel from London to Geneva
The cheapest airfare from London to Geneva is in the month of September. The airfares are pretty moderate throughout the year but in the peak season, during the months of July and August, the tickets are fairly high priced. It again starts decreasing from September.
How to compare and get the best flights from London to Geneva?
One can find cheap air tickets from London to Geneva by following these tips:
- Check out the online travel and comparison sites, which provide reliable data and comparison charts for the airfares of various airlines.
- The prices depend on seat availability, the date of travel and the time of booking the ticket, so make sure to book the ticket in advance and at a good time.
- For cheapest airfare from London to Geneva ideal route is London Heathrow - Geneva Geneve-Cointrin
- Book 90 days or at least 2 weeks in advance. Do check the special discounted rates for students.
- Morning flights from London to Geneva are approximately 40% cheap.
What you need to know before flying from London to Geneva?
- Express train services from central London to Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted airports can be availed. The Tube network directly connects London Heathrow and City airports. Other options are taxi,car hire and shuttle services.
- Facilities on London airport are shopping, currency exchange, restrooms, showers, traveller lounge, premium lounge, spa, storing baggage, Wi-Fi, smoking areas, baby changing rooms, public waiting rooms and also medical facilities and facilities for the disabled.
- You can use trains, buses, taxi or shuttle services to travel from the Geneva airport to your hotel.
- Geneva airport provides facilities like waiting lounges, wi-fi,nearby hotels, shopping, facilities for passengers with disabilities, currency exchange and more.
Note: Cleartrip Lowest Air Fares Calendar provides an indication of prices (per person) for a range of dates, so that you can see the cheapest air fares easily. The air fares you see here may not be available at the time you try and book.