London to Bucharest
London is the capital city of the United Kingdom and England with its roots embedded deep in the Roman Civilization. It is a hub of art and culture with the centre of ruling empire present there. It is also one of the most populated cities of the world. On the other hand, Bucharest is the largest city as well as the capital of Romania. It is known for its industrial,economic and cultural contributions. Air connectivity between the two cities allows you to travel in the most convenient way.
Travelling from London to Bucharest by plane
- All round the year, millions of people travel from London to Bucharest.
- The spring months from March to June make the best time to visit Bucharest.
- The distance from London to Bucharest is approximately 6591 miles /10608 kilometers.
- Flight duration from London to Bucharest is 3h 20m.
- There are 150 flights from London for Bucharest every week.
- About 10 airlineh2 offer direct flights from London to Bucharest.
- Both non-stop and connecting flights are available for this route.
Most-reliable airline for London to Bucharest route
British Airways is the most-reliable airline for travelling from London to Bucharest.
Best rated airline for this route
SWISS and Lufthansa are the best rated airlines for London to Bucharest route.
London is spread in an area of 1,572 km² at the elevation of 35 meters above sea level. Built by the Romans, London the capital city has Thames river flowing through it. It was named as Londinium in the initial days which finally became London with time. With a temperate maritime climate,London experiences a nice weather throughout the year. Neither the summers are too hot nor the winters too cold. The summer temperature is around 18°C while the temperature in winter ranges from 2 °C to 10 °C. Rainfall also occurs in winters. It is connected to the rest of the world with thelargest airport system in the world. There are six airports in London,namely, London Heathrow, London Southend, London Stansted, London Gatwickand London Luton.
- The currency of London is British Pound Sterling and the currency used in Romania is Romanian Leu. 1 British Pound Sterling is equal to 5.302 RON.
- The approximate cost of accommodation for single person is about750 GBP every month.
- Various modes of payment such as cheques, Debit Card (Maestro,Debit MasterCard, Visa Debit, Visa Electron), and also PayPal,Apple Pay, EasyPay are accepted in London.
- The Buckingham Palace, Madame Tussauds, SEALIFE London, WarnerBros. Studio, Westminster Abbey, London Dungeon, Tower of London,Kensington Palace, London Eye, Big Ben, Windsor Castle, St. Paul’sCathedral and Trafalgar Square are some must visit places in London.
The capital of Romania, Bucharest is a small city covering an area of 228km² and situated at an elevation of 60 m. It is a city full of youthful zeal with young tourists pouring in from all over England. It experiences a temperate-continental climate with hot summers and very cold winters. The average temperature in summer varies from 23 °C to 29 °C. In winters, the temperature drops down to as low as -5 °C to -3 °C. The seasonal change here is extremely distinct. Snowfalls may occur from December to March.Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport is the busiest airport of Bucharest with many connecting International flights. It is located in Otopeni which is at a distance of 16.5 km from the city centre of Bucharest, towards the north.
- The currency used in Bucharest is Romanian Leu and the exchange rate of 1 Leu is equal to 0.189 GBP.
- Cost of living for a single person without house rent is1,994.35lei in Bucharest.
- In Bucharest, payment is done mostly through cheques, Debit Card(Maestro, Debit MasterCard, Visa Debit, and Visa Electron),Twispay, PayPal, ApplePay, Google Wallet, etc.
- The most famous tourist attractions in Bucharest are CeausescuMansion, Stavropoleos Church, Herastrau Park, Carol Park, CoralTemple, The Art Collections Museum, Antim Monastry, VictorieiStreet and Revolution Square, etc.
Find the cheapest month to travel from London to Bucharest
The cheapest month from London to Bucharest is March. The tickets are normally priced low throughout the year, but when the tourists start coming in the month of August, the fare is hiked a little.
How to compare and get the best flights from London to Bucharest?
To get cheap air tickets from London to Bucharest, one should make sure to follow these tips:
- Firstly, if you are planning for a holiday then book your tickets in advance, 60 days or at least 4 weeks prior to your departure to get good deals.
- The price also depends on the rush, time & day of travel and the availability of seats.
- Check out the sites that offer are reliable comparison charts of airfares on this route.
- Early morning flights are 20% expensive than evening flights, so book suitably.
- For cheapest London to Bucharest airfare, fly in March. Also, on Saturday you can book cheap tickets and on Monday expensive.
What do you need to know before flying from London to Bucharest?
- To reach the London Heathrow, Stansted and Gatwick airports, you can take express trains. The Tube network helps you reach London Heathrow and City airports. You can also take a cab, shuttle service or private transfer service.
- Facilities offered at London airport are specialized lounges for business travellers, showers, toilets, waiting rooms, spa, storing baggage, Wi-Fi, smoking areas, baby feeding and changing room, and facilities for disabled water, etc.
- The Bucharest Airport is about 16.5 km from the city centre. It is connected to the main railway station by 780-Express line and to the city center by 783-Express line. There are cabs and buses available from the airport.
- Bucharest airport provides free access to phone, Wi-Fi, smoking room, refreshments, lounges, television facilities, flight status,etc.
Note: Cleartrip Lowest Air Fares Calendar provides an indication of prices (per person) for a range of dates, so that you can see the cheapest air fares easily. The air fares you see here may not be available at the time you try and book.