New Delhi (DEL) to Jammu (IXJ) Flight Booking
Find Cheapest Air Fares for flights from New Delhi to Jammu
New Delhi to Jammu Flight Schedule ( 15 flights found )
Air travel is one of the most convenient routes to choose. It’s safe, it’s fast, and it’s comfortable. All major cities in India are well-connected with each other by the air route. And, traveling between them has become a matter of just a few hours.
A major concern with flights earlier was the ticket booking procedure. But with digitalization, this process has now become easy. Cleartrip goes a step further to offer a quick, simple, and hassle-free ticket booking experience to its customers. It has a user-friendly interface to ensure that your flight tickets are ready in just a few clicks!
If you are planning to travel from New Delhi to Jammu, then air route is what you should choose. Here’s all the information you need to know.
The nearest airport here is Jammu Airport with an IATA code IXJ.While in Jammu, enjoy a comfortable stay at Radisson Blu Jammu , Hotel 17 Miles or Cygnett Park Asia Jammu These are some of the top hotels in Jammu. Cygnett Park Asia Jammu , The Grand Inn and Fortune Inn Riviera are located near the Jammu Airport airport.
Between New Delhi and Jammu, 5 airlines are operational In a week, around 93 flights travel from New Delhi to Jammu The travel duration between these cities in a non-stop flight is usually around 01h 10m. New Delhi to Jammu flights will cost you a minimum of ₹ 1766. This may extend up to ₹ 9931. Worry not! As you may enjoy a number of domestic flight booking offers exclusive for Cleartrip customers!
Cleartrip ensures a hassle-free travel experience for its customers. With its PNR status check, Web check-in facility, and customer support, you may rest assured of a pleasurable travel
So, simply book a flight and be at ease while we land you to your destination!
About New Delhi (DEL)
New Delhi, the capital city of India, is a city of extremes. The city is an eclectic mix of old and new, with an old Delhi, the capital of Mughal India characterized by a maze of narrow lanes, crumbling havelis, culturally rich monuments, and historic mosques and the New Delhi that is characterized by tree-lined avenues, splendid government buildings, and skyscrapers. It is a city where the past and present come together in a celebration of culture and beauty.
New Delhi will not disappoint shoppers, as there are a number of markets filled with handicrafts, silverware, silks, and ready-made garments. Whether you are looking for the designer labels or local wares, you can easily find it all in Delhi’s markets.
The easiest and fastest way to travel to New Delhi is by air. The Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport, in New Delhi, is India’s largest and busiest airport. It is the eighth largest airport in the world and was built during World War II. There are two terminals at the New Delhi Airport. Terminal 1 handles the rush of domestic flights, with Terminal 1C for arrivals and 1D for departures. Terminal 3 is for both domestic and international flights.
It is very convenient to travel to and from the airport, as it is well-connected with public transport. The superfast express metro, the ‘Orange Line’, runs between Dwarka Sector 21 station and New Delhi station. Inter-state and inter-city bus services also ply between the airport and city. You can also make use of car rental services and radio-taxis, to travel to and from the airport.
As the airport is quite large it is best to be on time to avoid confusion and to avoid missing flights. Delhi is also quite infamous for its traffic jams so take this into account when heading to the airport.
About Jammu (IXJ)
Jammu is the winter capital of the state of Jammu and Kashmir and although not as celebrated as Srinagar, it has a lot to offer to travelers, including great views, scrumptious food, splendid temples, and a fascinating history. Increasing urbanization and modernization has still not affected the old-world charm of this beautiful city.
Jammu is a land of beautiful palaces and ancient temples and is therefore called the ‘City of Temples’. The city occupies an important position in Hindu mythology, so it is not surprising that a number of old and beautiful temples are scattered across the city. While you are in Jammu, make it a point to visit some of these important monuments and temples like Bahu Fort, Gupawala Mandir, and the Raghunath Temple.
The easiest and fasted way to reach Jammu is by air. The city is home to Jammu Civil Enclave, better known simply as Jammu airport. This is a domestic airport that operates flights from one terminal, which has a capacity of handling 180 passengers during peak hours.
Jammu’s airport is easily accessible, as the central bus station is located at a distance of 10 km from the airport, with buses plying frequently between the airport and various locations within the city. The city’s railway station is also 10 km from the airport. If you prefer to travel to avoid using public transport, you can also hire private taxis to commute to and from the airport.
Since Jammu experiences volatile weather conditions during winters and monsoons it is recommended to re-check flight schedules and weather forecasts and make plans accordingly. Landslides are quite common in Jammu and this can greatly impede travel.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which airline brands fly from New Delhi to Jammu? These airline brands fly from New Delhi to Jammu - Vistara Airlines, IndiGo, Air India, SpiceJet, and GoAir
- How many weekly flights from New Delhi to Jammu? There are 93 weekly flights from New Delhi to Jammu. Following airlines and corresponding weekly flights - Vistara Airlines has 7, IndiGo has 35, Air India has 14, SpiceJet has 23, and GoAir has 14
- When does the first flight leave from New Delhi? The first flight from New Delhi to Jammu is at 7:15 AM, which is Vistara Airlines airline 799 followed by IndiGo 554 which leaves at 7:35 AM.
- When does the last flight leave from New Delhi? The last flight from New Delhi to Jammu is at 2:20 PM which is IndiGo.
- What is the airport code of New Delhi and Jammu? Airport code of New Delhi is DEL and Jammu is IXJ.
- What is the name of the airport in New Delhi? The name of the primary airport in New Delhi is Indira Gandhi International Airport.
- What is the name of the airport in Jammu? The name of the primary airport in Jammu is Jammu Airport.
- What is the approximate price of flying from New Delhi to Jammu? New Delhi to Jammu flights cost between ₹ 1766 and ₹ 9931 .
- How much time does it take to reach from New Delhi to Jammu in a non-stop flight? A non-stop flight takes around 01h 10m to reach from New Delhi to Jammu.
- What are some good options to stay at Jammu? When in Jammu, you may stay at Radisson Blu Jammu , Hotel 17 Miles or Cygnett Park Asia Jammu
- Which hotels are located near the Jammu airport? Some of the top hotels near Jammu airport are Cygnett Park Asia Jammu , The Grand Inn and Fortune Inn Riviera
New Delhi Airport Details
- Indira Gandhi International Airport
- "Airport Road
- 91 124 3376000.