Flights from London to Hong Kong on
London to Hong Kong Flights
London, the capital city of the United Kingdom also happens to be the cultural capital of the country. Hong Kong on the other hand lies in the People’s Republic of China, is autonomous, has high skyscrapers, and great political and business importance. If you are planning to visit Hong Kong,there are various flight options available for easy travelling.
Travelling from London to Hong Kong by Plane
- Many tourists fly to Hong Kong every year from London.
- The best time to fly from London to Hong Kong is March - April and October - November.
- The distance between the two cities is 5995 miles / 9648kilometers.
- The flight time taken from London to Hong Kong is11 hrs 35 minutes.
- There are 60+ flights per week from London to Hong Kong International
- There are 3 airlines that fly direct on this route.
- Connecting flights are also available for this route.
Most Reliable Airlines for London to Hong Kong route
The most reliable airline on this route is Cathay Pacific.
Best Rated Airlines for this Route
Cathay Pacific, Emirates, and Qatar Airways are the best rated airlines based on travellers’ ratings. They are preferred due to reasonable fare,on-time arrivals and services.
The cultural and political capital of the United Kingdom has the elevation35 meters above sea level. The house of Parliament and the Big Ben clock at the center bears the icon of London. The history of the city began when Romans arrive about 2,000 years ago. Temperatures range between 2°C(winters) and 18°C (summers) in the city throughout the year. Also, the area receives a lot of precipitation in summers and snowfall in winters every year. London has 6 airports, and the most important names among the mare the Heathrow airport and Gatwick Airport.
- In London the currency used is the GBP or British Pound Sterling.The conversion rate for GBP to Hong Kong dollar is 1 GBP = 11.10Hong Kong Dollar.
- To stay in London you can anticipate a cost of around 750 GBP for a single person rental for shared accommodation.
- Common payment methods including debit and credit cards, cash,wallets like Google Wallet, PayPal, ApplePay, etc. are accepted in London.
- The most important places to see in London are Big Ben, London Eye,Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Hyde Park, British Museum,Trafalgar Square, Tower Bridge, Palace of Westminster, St. Paul’cathedral, River Thames, The Shard, Westminster Abbey Museum,National Gallery, National History Museum, Regent’s Park, Tate Modern and many more.
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a former British colony and a popular tourist destination visited by millions every year. The city is a special administrative territory and has the Pearl River Delta Metropolitan area. This is one of the most crowded parts of the world. The city has been settled since theOld Stone Age and began as a farming fishing village. The highest temperature in Hong Kong during summers, in the month of July, is 29°C. In winters, January has the lowest temperature which is around 16°C. Monsoon comes in August, and the average precipitation of 281 mm. The Hong Kong International Airport is the main airport in Hong Kong, which is also known as the Chek lap Kok Airport.
- The Hong Kong Dollar is the 13th most traded currency in the world.The conversion rates of 1 Hong Kong Dollar is equal to 0.10 Euro.
- Cost of living in Hong Kong for a single person each year is aroundHK$82380. For a student it would be HK$5298.
- Some of the common modes of payment used in Hong Kong are Cash,EPS, debit and credit card, Octopus card, and some wallets such as TNG wallet, AliPay, Tap & Go, and We Chat Pay.
- The best places to visit in Hong Kong are the Hong Kong Disneyland,Ocean Park Hong Kong, Ladies Market, Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade, ClockTower, The Peak, Golden Bauhinia Square, Temple Street Night Market, and many more.
Find the Cheapest month to travel from London to Hong Kong
The cheapest flight from London to Hong Kong is available during the months of January to March. This is the off season for this route, and you get lower airfares than the rest of the year.
How to Compare and get the best flights from London to Hong Kong
If you are keen to grab the best deals on London to Hong Kong flights then you may try the following tips:
- You should choose a good flight fare comparison online search tool or engine, which would display the prices from all flight operators, both non-stop and connecting flights.
- If you can afford to spend more time on air then you can opt for flight with one or more stopovers. These flights have lower fares compared to nonstop flights and help save on money, though not time.
- Student concessions and senior citizen concessions are available from leading flight operators, and you may avail them too, while booking.
- The cheapest London to Hong Kong flight ticket can be around 300pounds. The average ticket price through the year is around 600pounds.
- The cheapest route to fly would be via the London Luton Airport to Hong Kong International Airport although the London HeathrowAirport is a more popular choice.
- During February a 3% price decent is observed in the flight fares,which is a good opportunity to buy cheap London to Hong Kong flight tickets. Fares go up by 17% during July.
- You can get cheap airfares for London to Hong Kong planes almost 81days or 5 weeks prior to departure. Morning flights are about 10%costly than evening flights.
What you need to know before flying from London to Hong Kong
- There is a shuttle bus service connecting the London city to the London Luton Airport taking which you can reach the airport in 10minutes. Other transport options such as car, shuttles, trains,etc. are also available. Similar options are available if you want to reach the Heathrow Airport. By road Heathrow Airport is only 32minutes drive.
- The London airports have smooth departures and arrivals, ATMs,money exchange kiosks, nice dining and shopping options, parking and almost all world class facilities for their travellers.
- The Hong Kong International Airport is 40 km from the main city center. From here you can reach your hotel by taking a bus, train,taxi, private transfer or shuttle service.
- The Hong Kong International Airport has great facilities for shopping, relaxation and showering systems, spa, accommodation,dining, tourist help centers, easy immigration services, medical center, overall high tech lounge, etc.
Information of London Hong Kong Flight
|Aerial distance||9619 KM|
|Total flights from London to Hong Kong in a week||66 flights|
|First Flight||Cathay Pacific 344 , departs at 11:35 AM|
|Last Flight||Virgin Atlantic 206 , departs at 08:40 PM|
|Popular Airlines from London to Hong Kong||Cathay Pacific, British Airways, and Virgin Atlantic|
|Shortest Time of flights from London to Hong Kong||11h 30m|
|Airport codes flights from London to Hong Kong||London-LGW,Hong Kong-HKG|
|Time of London to Hong Kong flights||11h 50m|
FAQ about London to Hong Kong Flights
Is it true that takes less time on a direct London to Hong Kong flight than other airlines?
Yes. provide the fastest flights on this route
Do airlines provide extra space for sleeping?
Many of the Business class airlines provide extra space for sleeping.
Can I carry my own food?
Yes you can carry your own food. However, it should be properly packed.
Will I be served alcohol on a London to Hong Kong flight?
No airline serves alcohol on a domestic flight. You will get alcohol in only international flights
Is there web check-in option available with London to Hong Kong flight?
Yes, passenger do get a web check-in option with their London to Hong Kong flight via online web check-in or airport check-in.
Can I book budget hotels near Hong Kong Airport through the Internet?
Yes, one can book budget hotels near the airport via Cleartrip hotels option
Does London Airport have nappy changing facility for babies?
Yes, the newly developed London Airport has such facilities for babies and infants.
Most popular routes from London
- London Venice Flights
- London Orlando Flights
- London Glasgow Flights
- London Larnaca Flights
- London Toronto Flights
- London Ibiza Flights
- London Belfast Flights
- London Tokyo Flights
- London Nice Flights
- London Los Angeles Flights
- London Stockholm Flights
- London Bucharest Flights
- London Geneva Flights
- London Copenhagen Flights
- London Singapore Flights
- London Malta Flights
- London Porto Flights
- London Melbourne Flights
- London Vienna Flights
- London Zurich Flights
- London Cape Town Flights
- London Frankfurt Flights
- London Reykjavik Flights
- London Naples Flights
- London Miami Flights
- London Manila Flights
- London Johannesburg Flights
- London Munich Flights
- London Oslo Flights
- London San Francisco Flights
More Flights To Hong Kong
- Singapore Hong Kong Flights
- Sydney Hong Kong Flights
- Melbourne Hong Kong Flights
- Manchester Hong Kong Flights
- Bangkok Hong Kong Flights
- Brisbane Hong Kong Flights
- Shanghai Hong Kong Flights
- Kuala Lumpur Hong Kong Flights
- Tokyo Hong Kong Flights
- Perth Hong Kong Flights
- Toronto Hong Kong Flights
- Beijing Hong Kong Flights
- Taipei Hong Kong Flights
- New York Hong Kong Flights
- Dubai Hong Kong Flights
- Jakarta Hong Kong Flights
- Vancouver Hong Kong Flights
- Hanoi Hong Kong Flights
- Manila Hong Kong Flights
- Mumbai Hong Kong Flights