London to Hong Kong Flights
London, the capital city of the United Kingdom also happens to be the cultural capital of the country. Hong Kong on the other hand lies in the People’s Republic of China, is autonomous, has high skyscrapers, and great political and business importance. If you are planning to visit Hong Kong,there are various flight options available for easy travelling.
Travelling from London to Hong Kong by Plane
- Many tourists fly to Hong Kong every year from London.
- The best time to fly from London to Hong Kong is March - April and October - November.
- The distance between the two cities is 5995 miles / 9648kilometers.
- The flight time taken from London to Hong Kong is11 hrs 35 minutes.
- There are 60+ flights per week from London to Hong Kong International
- There are 3 airlines that fly direct on this route.
- Connecting flights are also available for this route.
Most Reliable Airlines for London to Hong Kong route
The most reliable airline on this route is Cathay Pacific.
Best Rated Airlines for this Route
Cathay Pacific, Emirates, and Qatar Airways are the best rated airlines based on travellers’ ratings. They are preferred due to reasonable fare,on-time arrivals and services.
The cultural and political capital of the United Kingdom has the elevation35 meters above sea level. The house of Parliament and the Big Ben clock at the center bears the icon of London. The history of the city began when Romans arrive about 2,000 years ago. Temperatures range between 2°C(winters) and 18°C (summers) in the city throughout the year. Also, the area receives a lot of precipitation in summers and snowfall in winters every year. London has 6 airports, and the most important names among the mare the Heathrow airport and Gatwick Airport.
- In London the currency used is the GBP or British Pound Sterling.The conversion rate for GBP to Hong Kong dollar is 1 GBP = 11.10Hong Kong Dollar.
- To stay in London you can anticipate a cost of around 750 GBP for a single person rental for shared accommodation.
- Common payment methods including debit and credit cards, cash,wallets like Google Wallet, PayPal, ApplePay, etc. are accepted in London.
- The most important places to see in London are Big Ben, London Eye,Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Hyde Park, British Museum,Trafalgar Square, Tower Bridge, Palace of Westminster, St. Paul’cathedral, River Thames, The Shard, Westminster Abbey Museum,National Gallery, National History Museum, Regent’s Park, Tate Modern and many more.
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a former British colony and a popular tourist destination visited by millions every year. The city is a special administrative territory and has the Pearl River Delta Metropolitan area. This is one of the most crowded parts of the world. The city has been settled since theOld Stone Age and began as a farming fishing village. The highest temperature in Hong Kong during summers, in the month of July, is 29°C. In winters, January has the lowest temperature which is around 16°C. Monsoon comes in August, and the average precipitation of 281 mm. The Hong Kong International Airport is the main airport in Hong Kong, which is also known as the Chek lap Kok Airport.
- The Hong Kong Dollar is the 13th most traded currency in the world.The conversion rates of 1 Hong Kong Dollar is equal to 0.10 Euro.
- Cost of living in Hong Kong for a single person each year is aroundHK$82380. For a student it would be HK$5298.
- Some of the common modes of payment used in Hong Kong are Cash,EPS, debit and credit card, Octopus card, and some wallets such as TNG wallet, AliPay, Tap & Go, and We Chat Pay.
- The best places to visit in Hong Kong are the Hong Kong Disneyland,Ocean Park Hong Kong, Ladies Market, Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade, ClockTower, The Peak, Golden Bauhinia Square, Temple Street Night Market, and many more.
Find the Cheapest month to travel from London to Hong Kong
The cheapest flight from London to Hong Kong is available during the months of January to March. This is the off season for this route, and you get lower airfares than the rest of the year.
How to Compare and get the best flights from London to Hong Kong
If you are keen to grab the best deals on London to Hong Kong flights then you may try the following tips:
- You should choose a good flight fare comparison online search tool or engine, which would display the prices from all flight operators, both non-stop and connecting flights.
- If you can afford to spend more time on air then you can opt for flight with one or more stopovers. These flights have lower fares compared to nonstop flights and help save on money, though not time.
- Student concessions and senior citizen concessions are available from leading flight operators, and you may avail them too, while booking.
- The cheapest London to Hong Kong flight ticket can be around 300pounds. The average ticket price through the year is around 600pounds.
- The cheapest route to fly would be via the London Luton Airport to Hong Kong International Airport although the London HeathrowAirport is a more popular choice.
- During February a 3% price decent is observed in the flight fares,which is a good opportunity to buy cheap London to Hong Kong flight tickets. Fares go up by 17% during July.
- You can get cheap airfares for London to Hong Kong planes almost 81days or 5 weeks prior to departure. Morning flights are about 10%costly than evening flights.
What you need to know before flying from London to Hong Kong
- There is a shuttle bus service connecting the London city to the London Luton Airport taking which you can reach the airport in 10minutes. Other transport options such as car, shuttles, trains,etc. are also available. Similar options are available if you want to reach the Heathrow Airport. By road Heathrow Airport is only 32minutes drive.
- The London airports have smooth departures and arrivals, ATMs,money exchange kiosks, nice dining and shopping options, parking and almost all world class facilities for their travellers.
- The Hong Kong International Airport is 40 km from the main city center. From here you can reach your hotel by taking a bus, train,taxi, private transfer or shuttle service.
- The Hong Kong International Airport has great facilities for shopping, relaxation and showering systems, spa, accommodation,dining, tourist help centers, easy immigration services, medical center, overall high tech lounge, etc.
Note: Cleartrip Lowest Air Fares Calendar provides an indication of prices (per person) for a range of dates, so that you can see the cheapest air fares easily. The air fares you see here may not be available at the time you try and book.