London to Tokyo flights
One of the oldest cities of the world, London is the financial and cultural centre of the United Kingdom. In contrast, Tokyo is the capital city of Japan and one of its areas known as the greater Tokyo happens to be the most populous metropolitan area in the world. Since both cities are world’s commercial hubs, air connectivity between both the cities is good.
Travelling From London to Tokyo by Plane
- Millions of travellers travel from London to Tokyo every year.
- The best time to fly to Tokyo is March and April or October and November.
- London to Tokyo distance is 5975 miles / 9615 kilometers.
- The average flight time from London to Tokyo is 11hrs 30mins.
- There are more than 50 flights operating between London and Tokyo per week.
- There are 3 airlines that offer direct flights from London to Tokyo.
- Connecting flights are available.
Most Reliable Airlines for London to Tokyo Route
The airlines which operate regular flights between London and Tokyo are British Airways,Japan Airlines, and ANA.
Best-Rated Airlines for the Route
Asian a Airlines have emerged as the best-rated airline service for this route followed by Emirates and Qatar Airways.
London’s estimated elevation from sea level is 35m. Standing on the RiverThames, the city is the capital as well as the most populated city of the United Kingdom. This was the largest city of the world from 1831 till 1925.Due to its geographical location as well as pleasant temperate oceanic climate, it has emerged as a global center of education, art, commerce,fashion, industry, research and tourism. While the temperature throughout the summers is around 24 º C with maximum temperature scaling up to 30ºC,the winters remain cloudy, moist and cool with occasional snowfalls. Londonhas six airports i.e. London Heathrow Airport, London City, Stansted,Gatwick Airport, London Southend and Luton Airport handle the major amount of passenger traffic.
- The currency used in London is the British Pound Sterling and the currency used in Tokyo is Yen. As per the current exchange rates, 1British Pound Sterling is approximately 148.49 Yen, as of 2018.
- London is known to be one of the most expensive cities in the world as per cost of living where for a single bedroom flat rental you approximately need to spend 900 to 1000 pounds.
- London being economically an advanced and global city, accepts payments through a wide range of financial modes of transactions including cash, cheques, debit and credit Cards, as well as Google Wallet, PayPal, Apple Pay and Google Wallet.
- Best places to visit in London include Tate Modern, Big Ben,Victoria and Albert Museum, Kensington Palace, Tower of London,Southbank Centre, Westminster Abbey, Somerset House, London Eye,etc.
With an elevation of 40m from the sea level, Tokyo was originally a small fishing village known as Edo, which has now evolved to become an extensively strong economic centre in the world ranking first in the Global Economic Power Index. It is counted amongst the world’s most populous metropolitan area with only the population of the prefecture exceeding above 13 million. The hottest month in Tokyo is August when the temperature remains around 26°C while the winters are quite cool, with January being the coldest month with 5°C. There are two primary airports in Tokyo which handle the domestic and international air traffic of the city namely HanedaAirport and the Narita International Airport.
- The exchange rate of Japanese Yen is equal to $ .0095
- Cost of living for a person per month in Tokyo is approximately140,000 ¥ to 194,000 ¥ including food, rent, medical expenses and personal care.
- Common modes of payment accepted in Tokyo are Japanese currency Yen, Credit Cards, Debit cards, VISA, Master Cards and IC cards.
- Some of the best places to visit in Tokyo are Tokyo Disneyland,Senso Ji, Tokyo Skytree, Meji Shrine, Imperial palace, etc.
Find the Cheapest Month to Travel from London to Tokyo
The cheapest airfare for London to Tokyo can be availed in the month of May. Peak season when flights are expensive is August.
How to compare and get the best flights from London to Tokyo?
When you are looking for the best deals on London to Tokyo cheapest flight booking the preferable way to sort for lucrative deals are:
- Comparing on a couple of travel sites to get the best air fare rates is an effective way to avail the best price.
- In order to avail the best London to Tokyo flight fare booking at least 90 days prior to the departure is preferable.
- If not 90 days, then at least booking 6 weeks before your journey,can fetch you below average price on flight fare.
- Morning flights are often 20% more expensive compared to evening flights, therefore for better deals you can prefer evening or late night flights.
- July, August and September are considered to be the peak season months when London to Tokyo air ticket is more expensive than other times of the year.
What you need to know before flying from London to Tokyo?
- The Heathrow Express train connects London Heathrow Airport with Central London and covers the distance in just 15 minutes. It is considered to be the fastest route.
- Heathrow Airport offers a wide range of facilities such as carparking facility, car rental services for worldwide destinations,free wifi, world-class shopping stops, food courts and restaurants,and much more.
- The Narita International Airport is far from central Tokyo but itis well connected with several modes of transport like JR NaritaExpress, Keisei Skyliner, buses, taxis as well as helicopters.
- Facilities offered at the Narita International Airport are eating,shopping and disabled facilities, airport car parking, Tokyo NRTairport hotels, car rental, free WIFI access, etc.
Note: Cleartrip Lowest Air Fares Calendar provides an indication of prices (per person) for a range of dates, so that you can see the cheapest air fares easily. The air fares you see here may not be available at the time you try and book.