London to Lagos Flights
London, the capital city of England, standing on River Thames, is one of the most irresistibly alluring cities in the world. Owing to its magnificence and unique charm, vacationers from all over the world visit this city. Contrary to it, Lagos, a popular Nigerian state, also the largest state in Nigeria and the largest state in the entire African continent, has gained recent popularity among the tourists for its African culture. To travel between London and Lagos, flights are the most convenient option.
Travelling From London to Lagos by Plane
- Millions of travellers travel from London to Lagos every year.
- The best time to visit Lagos is December, January, and February.
- The distance between London and Lagos is approximately 3100 miles /4989 km
- The average time of London to Lagos flight is 6 hours and 41minutes.
- There are more than 15 direct flights flying from London to Lagos.
- 3 airlines have direct flights from London to Lagos.
- Both non-stop and connecting flights are available. Popular stops are Frankfurt, Casablanca and other cities.
Various Airlines from London to Lagos
Various airlines that fly on this route are Turkish Airlines, Lufthansa,Med View Airlines, Kenya Airways, Emirates, Brussels Airlines, KLM, SWISS,and Egypt Air
Best Rated Airlines from London to Lagos
The top 3 best rated airlines to fly from London to Lagos are Emirates,Turkish Airlines, and Lufthansa.
London is at an elevation of 35 meters above the sea level. London is one of the most astounding and popular tourist destinations across the world.It has an amazing history about how it got its name. Previously, it was Londonium, Ludenwic, and Lunenburg; and later it became London. The climate and weather in London is cold and rainy. During summers the temperature stays between 18°C-32°C; and during winters, it ranges between 2°C and10°C. The most popular and the busiest airports in the city include the London city airport, Heathrow international airport, and Gatwick International Airport.
- The currency of London is British Sterling Pound and the currency of Lagos is Nigerian Naira. The exchange rate of 1 GBP is about497.568 NGN, as of 2018.
- On an average, the cost of living in London for a single person costs nearly £750.
- Mostly the payment in London is done through the Quick Pay method only. Besides this, some other modes of payments accepted in London are cash, credit cards, debit cards, checks, etc.
- The must visit places in London include London Eye, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Hyde Park,Palace of Westminster, etc.
Lagos is estimated to be at an elevation of approx. 41 m above sea level.It is the economic and financial hub of the country. The number of travellers visiting the city every year is humungous. The city owns a century-old lighthouse at the very entrance of the Lagos Harbour. Lagos,which signifies ’lakes,’ was a name given to the settlement by the Portuguese. All through history, it was home to various warring ethnic gatherings which had settled in the zone. This area is portrayed by elevated structures. The weather in Lagos is quite humid throughout the year, with the maximum temperature of 31 degree Celsius and the minimum temperature of 10 degree Celsius. The city is served by Murtala Muhammed International Airport.
- The exchange rate for 1N is about 0.002£
- Cost of living in Nigerian states is not that budget-wrenching. It costs approximately 183,831.94₦ per month for a single person.
- The modes of payment in used in Lagos are digital wallet payments such as PayPal, etc., debit and credit card payments, cash, checks and more.
- The best places to visit in Lagos are Bar Beach, Nigerian national museum, Kalakuta Museum Allen Ikeja, etc.
The cheapest months to travel from London to Lagos
The cheapest month to travel from London to Lagos is March. The cheapest day to fly to Lagos from London is Sunday, with Saturday being the most expensive.
Compare the flights between London to Lagos in order to get the best price
If you are looking for the most affordable and cheap flights from London to Lagos, there are certain ways that would ensure you the best results:
- Compare the flights from an authentic comparison site which displays all the offers made by several airlines. The price depends on your departure date and time of visit.
- You should book the tickets at least four weeks before your date of departure for low fare.
- It is only with a prior booking that you can avail the best deals which may be 25% less than immediate bookings.
- The morning air tickets to Lagos are expensive than the evening flights.
- If you have the option of flexibility in your days, try to avail bookings on the day that offers the lowest prices.
- Clear the cookies and the previous search history to see genuine flight fares for the London to Lagos air ticket.
- Sign-up for low price alerts on reliable online travel agency.
What do you need to know before flying from London to Lagos?
- Heathrow Airport i.e. at a distance of 25.7 km from the Central London can be reached by any mode of transport like train, bus or cab.
- Being one of the busiest and the most advanced airport in the world, it offers the passengers some advanced facilities, such as cash machines, baby care facilities, currency exchange, bars and restaurants, lounges, lost property assistance, emergency facilities besides many more.
- Lagos Murtala Muhammad, the international airport located in Ikeja,Lagos is the major airport that serves the entire state. Renting a car or taking a taxi are the best options to travel from the lagos Airport to city. It will take about 45 minutes to reach the city from the airport.
- After its renovation in 2013, the airport offers its passengers multiple facilities to make their travelling and waiting easy and luxurious.
Note: Cleartrip Lowest Air Fares Calendar provides an indication of prices (per person) for a range of dates, so that you can see the cheapest air fares easily. The air fares you see here may not be available at the time you try and book.