Dublin to London Flights
Dublin is the capital city of Ireland and has excellent air connectivity to the rest of the world including London. On the contrary, London is the capital city of the United Kingdom and has one of the world’s busiest airports in terms of passenger traffic i.e. Heathrow. When planning to visit London from Dublin, flights are the best mode of transport.
Travelling From Dublin to London by Plane
- Millions of people travel from Dublin to London throughout the year.
- The best time to visit London is from March to May.
- The Dublin to London distance is only 280 miles / 450 km.
- The average Dublin to London flight time is 1 hr and 15 min.
- Every week there are more than 400 flights from Dublin to London.
- 5 airlines have direct flights from Dublin to London.
- Both connecting and direct flights are available on this route.
Most Reliable Airlines for Dublin to London Route
The most reliable airline for Dublin to London route is British Airways.
Best Rated Airlines for the Routes
British Airways is also the top-rated airlines for this particular route.They have frequent direct flights from Dublin to London.
Dublin’s elevation from sea level is 85 meters. The largest city of Ireland has a population of over 1.5 million and spans 115 square kilometers. The city was founded by the Vikings during the 9th century and over the years has grown immensely. Dublin has a maritime climate, due to this the city has cool summers with the maximum temperature of 19-degree Celsius and freezing winters with the minimum temperature of 3-degree Celsius. Dublin Airport is situated approximately 10 miles north of the city.
- The exchange rate of 1 Euro is about 0.876 GBP, as of 2018.
- Cost of living will be around 824.08€ per month, including accommodation.
- Modes of payment used in Dublin are cash, and credit cards such as Visa and MasterCard. American Express and Diners Club are also used in some places.
- Popular places to visit in Dublin are Dublin Castle, Spire of Dublin, Anna Livia Monument, Christ Church Cathedral, MansionHouse, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, etc.
Covering an area of 1,572 km square, London is situated at a height of 35m from sea level. The city has over 170 museums and out of which one is the home to thousands of years of culture. As per a different belief, the city was founded in 1070 BC by the Trojan, and not by the Romans as believed popularly. London has a temperate oceanic climate. During summers the maximum temperature stays around 18 and 28 degree Celsius and the temperature ranges between 3 degree Celsius and 10 degree Celsius in winters. There are 6 Airports in the city. They are London HeathrowAirport, London city airport, London Gatwick Airport, London Luton Airport,London South End Airport, London Stansted Airport.
- The currency of London is British Pound Sterling and the currency of Dublin is Euro. The exchange rate of 1 GBP is equal to 1.14Euro.
- London is one of the world's expensive cities, and for a single person per month, the cost of living is approximately £750, excluding the house rent.
- The modes of payment accepted in London are Cash, Credit Cards, and Debit Cards, or one can also use alternate payment options such as PayPal, Apple Pay, EasyPay, etc.
- Some most famous places in London are Buckingham Palace, Madame Tussauds Museum, Tower of London, Big Ben, Warner Bros Studio,Kensington Palace, London Dungeon, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, etc.
Find the Cheapest Month to Travel from Dublin To London
The cheapest month, if you want to travel from Dublin to London, is the month of May.
How to Compare and Get The Best Flights From Dublin To London?
It is advisable to compare the flight rates and get cheap air tickets to London. Some of the methods listed below are tried and tested and are the best ways to predict the cost of the flights.
- Go online and look for the various comparison sites. Look at the prices that the various airlines give you and select the one that is the cheapest.
- Avoid visiting London in the month of June, August, and December; fares are usually at its peak during these months of the year.
- Book three months or at least three weeks in advance. This will ensure that you get the best fare while you are booking the flight.Last moment bookings cost a lot.
- To get the cheapest air ticket to London, it is better to compare if morning flights are cheap or the evening flights. Accordingly, you can book one, if the price difference is significant.
- If you want the minimum rates, then you can sign-up for low-price alerts on some good travel site.
What You Need To Know Before Flying From Dublin To London?
- Dublin airport is at a distance of around 12km from the city centre. One can easily reach the airport by bus, cab, taxi, etc.
- Dublin airport has trolley service, meet and greet room, baby room,Internet, kiosks, multi faith prayer room, meeting room, lounges,Wi-Fi access, etc. for its passengers.
- After reaching, Heathrow Airport, you can get to the city centre by availing train, bus or cab.
- It is one of the busiest and the most advanced airport in the world, so it offers some advanced facilities such as cash machines, baby care facilities, currency exchange, bars and restaurants, lounges, lost property assistance, emergency facilities and many more.
Note: Cleartrip Lowest Air Fares Calendar provides an indication of prices (per person) for a range of dates, so that you can see the cheapest air fares easily. The air fares you see here may not be available at the time you try and book.