Air India Web Check-In
Air India Online Check-in Check In
Web check-in is a way of checking-in for your flight from anywhere. You may do this online at your own convenience.When can I avail of the Air India Web check-in facility?
The Web check-in facility is available within 48 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure. It will shut 2 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure. After this, you will not be allowed to check-in online. Some flights even let you check-in up to 54 hours before the scheduled departure. You may find a list of these flights here: http://airindia.in/images/pdf/List-of-flights-for-Early-Initialisation-in-DCS-for-IATCI.pdf
Do I need anything special to opt for Web check-in?
All you need is a PC or Laptop that can connect onto the Internet. A PNR or Booking Reference number is needed for you to check-in. Lastly, you will need a printer to take a print-out of your boarding pass.Is the Web check-in facility available for all flights?
At present, Web check-in is available for all flights except the ones given below:
- Flights from Dhaka
- Code Share flights
- All Alliance Air (AI 9000 series) flights
Once you check-in online, following is the procedure:
- For domestic flights: If you are traveling within the country, you will be issued a boarding pass once you have checked-in. You will need to take a print-out of the boarding pass. At the airport, if you are traveling only with a handbag, then you may proceed directly towards the security check. If you are traveling with luggage, then you will first have to contact the Baggage Drop counter to deposit your luggage and collect your registered baggage tags before proceeding towards the security check.
- For international flights: If you are traveling abroad, you will be issued a confirmation slip instead of a boarding pass after you have checked-in. At the airport, you will have to contact the Baggage Drop counter for document verification purposes.
Apart from Web check-in, you may also check-in via the Air India check-in counters available at most of the major airports all over the world. You will, however, have to ensure that you are at the airport while the counter is open since the counter timings differ from airport to airport. Another form of check-in that you may avail of from anywhere is mobile check-in. All you have to do is download the Air India Mobile app from the App Store or Google Play. Other forms of check-in include:
- Kiosk check-in (available only at select airports and only for domestic flights)
- Tele check-in (available only in the metros of Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, and Hyderabad. This facility is only available for Frequent Flyer Members and Executive class passengers).
- City check-in (available only in select metros including at some stations on the Airport Metro Express Line in Delhi)