Air Asia Web Check-InWhat is Web check-in?
Web check-in is a way passengers can check-in online for their flights. This mode of check-in is quick, hassle-free, and very convenient as it can be done from anywhere.When can I Web check-in?
For all domestic and international AirAsia flights, the Web check-in opens 14 days prior to departure and closes 60 minutes before departure. In the case of AirAsia X (D7, XJ, and XT) flights, Web check-in closes 4 hours prior to departure.Who can avail of this facility?
The following can avail of the AirAsia Web check-in facility:
- All individuals (except those mentioned in the below criteria)
- Group bookings with up to 50 passengers per booking
The following will not be able to avail of AirAsia’s Web check-in facility:
- Pregnant women
- Passengers traveling with infants
- Passengers with reduced mobility
- Passengers with special needs
- Passengers with a medical condition or illness
- Children below 16 years of age, if traveling alone
All you need is your Booking number and the surname. You will also need a laptop or PC that can connect to the Internet. Lastly, you will need a printer to take a print-out of your boarding pass.
If you do not have a printer, you could opt for either of the two options given below:
- You may opt to get a 2D barcode on your smartphone. You may then scan it at a kiosk in the airport.
- You may opt to get your boarding pass via email so that you may print it out later
If you have completed the Web check-in process, you may proceed to the document check counter at the airport if you don’t have any checked baggage. Here, your travel documents will be verified. If you are traveling with checked baggage, you will have to go to the baggage drop counter to deposit your baggage as well as get your documents verified.
The baggage drop and document check counters open 2 hours prior to departure for domestic flights and close 45 minutes (60 minutes for Klia2) before departure. For international and AirAsia X flights, these counters open 3 hours before departure and close 60 minutes before it.In what other ways can I check-in for AirAsia flights?
Other ways you may check-in include:
- Kiosk check-in: Simply visit the kiosk at the airport, check-in, and print-out your boarding pass. This facility is available in the countries of India, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines, and Indonesia.
- Mobile check-in: You will need to download the AirAsia mobile app for this. It is available for Android as well as iOS devices. Once you check-in, you will either receive an eBoarding pass or a 2D barcode.
Just like with Web check-in, even these modes of check-in open 14 days and close 60 minutes before the scheduled departure.