Coimbatore International Airport (CJB)
Coimbatore International Airport is the primary gateway to the beautiful city of Coimbatore. Located at Avinashi Road, Coimbatore airport is the 15th-largest in the country in terms of aircraft movement. Constructed in 1940, Coimbatore airport was once a civil aerodrome. It reopened in 1987 in its new avatar and was modernized to accommodate larger aircrafts like the Boeing 737. Coimbatore airport is located 11 km from Coimbatore railway station.
Coimbatore is one of the important business hubs in South India and so is connected to all the metropolitan cities of the country with regular flight services. Coimbatore is well connected to New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Kozhikode. The domestic flight operators from Coimbatore airport include SpiceJet, IndiGo, JetKonnect, Jet Airways and Air India.
Coimbatore is connected to two international cities; Sharjah and Singapore. International flight services at the airport are operated by SilkAir, Air Arabia, Singapore Airlines, and Virgin Australia.
Coimbatore International Airport has one terminal that handles both domestic and international flight operations. In 2008, the airport expanded to accommodate larger flight operations and also increased passenger capacity. Besides the single passenger terminal, Coimbatore airport also has a dedicated cargo terminal.
Traveling in and around
Coimbatore airport is located 10 km from the central bus station at Gandhipuram. Frequent bus services to the airport are available from the central bus station as well as other important bus stations in Coimbatore such as Ukkadam and Singanallur. Pre-paid cab services and taxis are available round the clock for reaching destinations from the airport.
Services and Facilities
Baggage services are available within the airport premises. The parking bays at the airport have a capacity to accommodate over 300 cars. The airport also has medical and first-aid rooms, currency exchange offices, coffee and soft drink vending machines, ATMs and tourist information desks.
Things to Do
Coimbatore airport has limited options for passengers who are waiting at the terminal. There are a couple of gift shops if you want to make any last minute purchases. The airport also has a few restaurants and snack bars for quick refreshments.
There are a number of options to consider if you plan to stay at Coimbatore. The city has many four and five star accommodations such as The Residency, Clarion Hotel and Aloft Coimbatore. Ananya's Nest, The Arcadia, Challenger Residency and CAG Pride are the more pocket friendly places of stay in the city.
Coimbatore is a year-round flying destination because the city experiences excellent weather conditions all through the year. Hence, constancy of flying conditions in Coimbatore is not a point of concern.
Coimbatore, like many South Indian cities, is home to many temples. Dhyanalinga Temple as the name suggests is a place for meditation. The temple is the abode of Lord Shiva and embraces visitors of all religions and sects. Marudamalai Temple, Perur Pateeswarar Temple, Eachanari Vinayagar Temple and Vellingiri Hill Temple are some of the other temples in Coimbatore that are highly recommended. You can visit Kovai Kuttralam, a very popular waterfall visited by scores of tourists, when you are at Coimbatore. The best time to visit the falls is in the month of September when the waterfall is in its full spate.
- What are the top airline brands that operate from Coimbatore airport frequently? The top airline brands that operate from Coimbatore airport frequently are – Air Arabia, Jet Airways and SpiceJet.
- What is the airport code for Coimbatore airport? The IATA code for the Coimbatore airport is CJB.
- What are the most frequent routes from Coimbatore airport? The most popular sectors from Coimbatore airport are Coimbatore to Sharjah with 179 weekly flights respectively.
- When does the first flight leave from Coimbatore airport? The first flight from Coimbatore to Sharjah is at 4:30 AM, which is Air Arabia airline 414 followed by Jet Airways 2322 which leaves at 7:45 AM.
- When does the last flight leave from Coimbatore airport? IndiGo 364 to Sharjah is the last flight that departs from airport at 11:15 PM.
Top Domestic Routes from Coimbatore
- Coimbatore Chennai Flights
- Coimbatore Bangalore Flights
- Coimbatore Mumbai Flights
- Coimbatore Hyderabad Flights
- Coimbatore Kolkata Flights
- Coimbatore Vijayawada Flights
- Coimbatore Bhubaneswar Flights
- Coimbatore Agartala Flights
- Coimbatore Visakhapatnam Flights
- Coimbatore Ahmedabad Flights
- Coimbatore New Delhi Flights
Top International Routes from Coimbatore
Top Domestic Flight Schedules
Top International Flight Schedules
Coimbatore Airport Details
- Coimbatore International Airport
- "Airport Director