Gorakhpur Airport (GOP)
Gorakhpur Airport is located 8 kilometers from the city of Gorakhpur, in Uttar Pradesh, India. This airport is operated under the surveillance of the Indian Air Force station, which is based in the city. Gorakhpur Airport is a civil air terminal attached to the Air Force Station Range, a primary military and air force facility.
This airport, spread over 0.71 acres, is under the administration of the Airport Authority of India, catering to travelers to the city.
Currently, direct flights are only available to Delhi from Gorakhpur Airport and are operated by Jet Konnect and Jet Airways. The airlines run 12 weekly flights between Delhi and Gorakhpur. Single stop flights are also available to other cities like Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jabalpur, Chennai, and Gaya. These flights are also operated by Jet Airways.
There is only one terminal at the airport, servicing arrivals and departures. The total capacity of the terminal is 18 each for arrivals and departures.
The city of Gorakhpur and neighboring towns and cities are well connected by the rail network and interstate buses. The primary bus stand in Gorakhpur is only 7.5 kilometers from the airport and can be reached by using other modes of transport like auto rickshaws, private cars, and taxis, which are available to travel from the airport. Gorakhpur railway station is also easily reachable at a distance of just 8 kilometers from the airport. You can also arrange for pickups from private tourist vehicles or from your hotel, but keep in mind that the airport has limited parking facilities and these are not available to public use.
Services and Facilities
Passengers can take advantage of the complimentary baggage services that are available at this airport.
Things to Do
There are several shops within the airport premises that sell newspapers, magazines, clothes, stationery products, and many other items. In addition, passengers can enjoy a delicious meal or refresh themselves with hot or cold beverages that are available at the restaurants and cafes located within the airport.
Bed and breakfast stays near to Gorakhpur Airport include The Grand, Hotel Vivek, Shivoy Hotel, Pradeep Palace, Clarks Inn, Prince Palace, and Ananda Inn. Travelers can also choose to stay in Bobina Hotel, President Hotel, Marina Hotel, and Yark-Inn Hotel. Travelers who aren’t too fussy about their accommodation and just need a pace to crash in at night should even be able to find lodges and guest houses in the city that are extremely cheap.
Tips for Fliers
Like other cities in the state, Gorakhpur has chilly winters and hot summers. Visit the city just after the monsoons, in the months of October to December for the best experience.
Gorakhpur is a religious city located on the banks of the Rapti River, bordering Nepal. There are several Buddhist sites and historic temples that are popular tourist destinations. Some of these include Gorakhnath Temple, Geeta Vatika, Vishnu Temple, Gita Press, Arogya Mandir, Ramgarh Taal, and Imambara. Gorakhpur is well-known for terracotta sculptures and these can be bought at most of the local markets.
- What are the top airline brands that operate from Gorakhpur airport frequently? The top airline brands that operate from Gorakhpur airport frequently are – Jet Airways, Air India and .
- What is the airport code for Gorakhpur airport? The IATA code for the Gorakhpur airport is GOP.
- What are the most frequent routes from Gorakhpur airport? The most popular sectors from Gorakhpur airport are Gorakhpur to New Delhi with 19 weekly flights respectively.
- When does the first flight leave from Gorakhpur airport? The first flight from Gorakhpur to New Delhi is at 2:30 PM, which is Jet Airways airline 2648 followed by Jet Airways 2648 which leaves at 3:10 PM.
- When does the last flight leave from Gorakhpur airport? Air India 9810 to New Delhi is the last flight that departs from airport at 4:05 PM.