Agra Airport (AGR)
The Agra Civil Enclave also known as the Kheria Airforce Station is a military airbase and public airport located in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
Agra Civil Enclave operates Domestic flights exclusively. It is located 5 kilometers away from the city of Agra.
Currently, Air India operates flights to Gwalior and Khajuraho. Other cities like Rajkot, Madurai, Agartala, Gorakhpur, Jamnagar, Jabalpur, and Varanasi are also connected to Agra via indirect routes.
Agra Civil Enclave has a single terminal with 2 boarding gates. The total capacity is 250 for both arrivals as well as departures. Covering an area of 4,395 square meters, the terminal provides 5 check-ins, 3 immigration, 4 customs, and 2 security counters.
Travelers can avail of car rental services from the airport and shouldn’t have much trouble getting around as city of Agra is well connected to major cities like Delhi, Lucknow, Kanpur, and Jaipur through an extensive network of highways.
Services and Facilities
Free trolleys, on-call medical facility, a lost and found baggage counter, and restrooms for transit passengers are among the facilities available at the airport. In addition, 2 X-ray baggage scanning centers are available at the domestic terminal.
Things to Do
The Agra Civil Enclave has some interesting options for leisure for the benefit of passengers. There is a beauty spa and parlor within the airport premises and a garment store, selling branded shirts, trousers, and other accessories.
The airport also has a handicrafts showroom where travelers can purchase marble and metal inlay handicrafts, souvenirs, and pearl jewelry. A tourist information center is also situated in the terminal building providing travel guidance to the passengers.
Agra has a number of hotels, offering a wide variety to visitors. The Radisson Blue Agra Taj is an excellent option for visitors looking for a comfortable and luxurious stay in the city. The Courtyard, by Marriott and The Oberoi Amarvillas are also great options for those looking for comfort and opulence. For visitors looking for affordable accommodations, Hotel Aura Mumtaz Mahal, and Hotel Riviera are some notable options.
Tips for Fliers
The best time to visit the Taj Mahal is between March and April, and October and December.
Be wary of pickpockets when visiting the Taj Mahal and some other tourist sites and avoid carrying any valuables with you.
The period between July and September is characterized by heavy rainfall and this could cause a great deal of inconvenience.
Avoid buying bottles of water from hawkers at tourist sites as the bottles are often tampered with. Carry your own drinking water with you when out exploring.
Agra is home to the Taj Mahal, which is one of the ‘seven wonders of the world’. While a trip to the Taj is one that you just have to make, don’t forget that the city also has a number of other impressive historical monuments like Jama Masjid, Agra Fort, Moti Masjid, Panch Mahal, and the Tomb of Akbar.
Agra is famous for its Mughlai food and parathas and snacks. Sweets like petha and jalebi and snacks like Dal Moth are among the local favorites.
- What are the top airline brands that operate from Agra airport frequently? The top airline brands that operate from Agra airport frequently are – translation missing: en.airlines.TOM, Air India and Air India Regional.
- What is the airport code for Agra airport? The IATA code for the Agra airport is AGR.
- What are the most frequent routes from Agra airport? The most popular sectors from Agra airport are Agra to Kilimanjaro with 3 weekly flights respectively.
- When does the first flight leave from Agra airport? The first flight from Agra to Kilimanjaro is at 9:00 AM, which is Tom airline 987 followed by Air India 406 which leaves at 2:30 PM.
- When does the last flight leave from Agra airport? Air India Regional 9624 to Kilimanjaro is the last flight that departs from airport at 6:10 PM.
Top Domestic Routes from Agra
Top International Routes from Agra
Top Domestic Flight Schedules
Top International Flight Schedules
Agra Airport Details
- Agra Airport
- "Airport Rd
- 91-562-2400844, 08477021021 (M), 91-562-2580422 (R)