Emirates Web Check-InWhat is online or Web check-in?
Online check-in, also known as Web check-in, helps you save time and reduces the hassle of checking-in at the airport. This mode lets you check-in for your flight even while you are at home or office using a laptop or PC.Who is allowed to use Web check-in and who is not?
Emirates offers the Web check-in facility in more than a 100 cities. Hence, whether you plan to fly from Dubai, Mumbai, or even Zurich, you may check-in online with ease. However, Web check-in is not available for the following:
- All codeshare flights that are not operated by Emirates
- If more than 9 people are traveling on the same booking
- Passengers under 16 years of age and who are traveling without an adult
- If online check-in is not available for the airport you are flying from (The entire list of airports that allow Web check-in can be found here: https://www.emirates.com/in/english/help/faq/193958/what-is-online-check-in-when-and-where-can-i-use-it)
Emirates has a very easy Web check-in process. All you need is the surnames of all the passengers that are traveling and the PNR number or Booking Reference. To Web check-in, here is what you should do:
- Visit the Emirates online check-in page
- Enter your surname and PNR to begin the check-in process
- If you are traveling with others as a group, select the names of these passengers
- Some destination countries may require you to supply Advance Passenger Information
- Once you are done with the above, you will then get the option of changing seats and adding Emirates Skywards numbers before you finalize your check-in
- Once you have checked-in, you will receive an eBoarding pass for each member of your group. You will have to take a print out of each eBoarding pass.
- In case you are traveling from an airport that doesn’t offer eBoarding passes, you will have to report to the Emirates check-in counter at the airport, get your travel documents verified, and then collect the Boarding pass.
Online check-in opens 48 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure. It closes 90 minutes before the flight’s departure. If your onward or return flight is scheduled to leave within 60 hours, you may Web check-in for it as well. If the flight is scheduled to leave after 60 hours, then you will have to check-in later for it.If I have already checked-in online, how many hours before should I arrive at the airport?
For most airports, you will have to arrive at least 90 minutes prior to your flight’s departure time if you have baggage. If you are not traveling with baggage, then you will have to report to the airport at least 60 minutes before your flight is scheduled to depart. However, do check your eBoarding pass for the timings as the reporting time may differ at certain airports. If you do not arrive on time, then you will miss your flight.