December is considered one of the most preferred months in India for vacation. It is holiday time in schools and the weather is cold and lovely in this month. No sweat, no heat. From hill stations to heritage places, there is no shortage of places to visit in India. With a rich culture and tourists attractions, you can enjoy the best travel experience.
Goa is indeed one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. Goa becomes all the livelier in the month of December as all places from the night clubs to beaches are ready for partying. Apart from its nightlife, the beaches, the natural beauty, the laid back atmosphere, numerous beaches, delicious seafood, culture of Goa, makes it an ideal place to visit in December and attract people from all across the world. If you plan to visit Goa in the month of December, you cannot afford to miss the Sunburn festival.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Goa is from November to February. However, it is recommended to book hotels online in advance as the state remains crowded with tourists during this time.
- Things to do: You can go on waterfall tours to explore the rainforest. Apart from this, you can also enjoy gambling at Deltin Royale Casino or indulge in crab catching activity.
- How to reach: You can easily reach Goa by train, bus and flight. You can also reach by your own car if you stay in a nearby city.
- Popular hotels: Some nice stay options in Goa are Novotel Goa Shrem Hotel-An AccorHotels Brand, Radisson Blu Resort, Goa Marriott Resort & Spa, The Lalit Golf & Spa Resort, etc.
Jaipur, also referred to as the “Pink City” is also one of the best places to visit in December in India. Among various places to visit in India with family, Jaipur is the most chosen destination, which boasts of rich cultural heritage of Indian history. You can visit Nahargarh Fort, Amer Palace, Hawa Mahal, Albert Hall, Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal, etc. If you are visiting from different state, then it is recommended to include nearby places like Ajmer and Pushkar to your bucket list.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit the city is from October to February. You can enjoy the beauty of the pink city during this time.
- Things to do: You can indulge in various adventure activities during your trip to Jaipur. Some of the activities include swimming, paint ball, quad biking, etc. Apart from these, you can also go on city tours.
- How to reach: You can reach Jaipur via roadways, airways, and railways.
- Popular hotels: Jaipur Marriott hotel, Zone by The Park and Hotel Khandaka Mahal, etc.
Located in Kerala, Alleppey is famous for its beautiful backwaters. Also, it is ultimately the best honeymoon destination in India for newlywed couples. During this time, you will be able to enjoy the scenic surroundings while staying in one of the houseboats in the middle of backwaters. In December, you can also witness a ten-day festival called Mullackal Chiraq.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Alleppey is from November to February. You can enjoy various sightseeing activities in Alleppey during the winter season.
- Things to do: This is also the perfect place to go kayaking and do boating at Punnamada Lake with your loved one.
- How to reach: You can reach Alleppey by bus, train and flight.
- Popular hotels: Raheem residency, Michal beach resort and Grand Cruise, etc.
The capital of Sikkim, Gangtok has some of the best places to visit in India before you die. From monasteries to lakes, temples to historic places, Gangtok has something for everyone. The place is most frequented by honeymooners during the month of December as the beauty of the place becomes more pristine. However, if you are planning a trip to Gangtok in December for adventure activities, then you should be aware of landslides, because they can be dangerous.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Gangtok is from September to June.
- Things to do: Enjoy paragliding, gambling at casinos, City tours, etc.
- How to reach: You can reach the Gangtok by all means of transport, such as bus, train, car and flight.
- Popular hotels: Mayfair Gangtok, Welcome Heritage Denzong residency and Jewel of the East.
Munnar is located in the south-western region of Kerala and is completely covered with tea plantations. Among the top places to visit in India, this place is surrounded by valleys and low flying clouds. Visiting Munnar during the month of December can be thrilling as you get to enjoy the cold weather, the lush green forests and beautiful view of the mountain ranges.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Munnar is from October to May as the weather remains romantic during this time.
- Things to do: Mountain biking, trekking and Eravikulam National Park safari.
- How to reach: You can explore the history of tea through tea plantation tour, which includes kolukkumalai safari. You can reach Munnar by bus, train, car and flight.
- Popular hotels: Elixir hills, Chandys Windy woods and Parakkat nature resort.
Located in the northwest Himalayan ranges of Jammu & Kashmir, it is the most beautiful destination of India. The snow-capped mountains, lush green forests, and lakes can mesmerize any traveller. It truly is a heaven on earth. Among various tourist attractions in Kashmir, Dal Lake in Srinagar is the most popular place which looks refreshing during the month of December. In winters, Srinagar looks like a canvas painted with mesmerizing snow and wonderful views of various lakes, such as Nigeen Lake, Wular Lake, and Dal Lake. In December, Kashmir experiences snowfall and in Sonamarg, the temperature drops below zero.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Kashmir is from March to August.
- Things to do: Take a tour to the most popular sites of Srinagar. You can also enjoy staying in a Houseboat but not in December as the lakes are frozen.
- Explore the unexplored Thajiwas glacier, located just 7 km from Sonmarg.
- Go for sledge rides, snowboarding, and skiing when you visit Kashmir in December.
- Enjoy clicking pictures in the amazing backdrop.
- How to reach: You can reach Kashmir by bus, train, car and flight.
- Popular hotels: Pinnacle view, Fortune Inn Riviera and Asian park, etc.
These are the top 6 places you can visit in India in the month of December. However, you can visit places in India at any time of the year. Apart from these, there are many more places, which can be explored in December, such as Kohima in Nagaland, Auli in Uttarakhand, Kutch in Gujarat, Jodhpur in Rajasthan, Mahabalipuram in Tamil Nadu, Mangalore in Karnataka, Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh, Kaziranga National Park in Assam, Chennai in Tamil Nadu, Murudeshwar in Karnataka, Agra in Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi in UP, Delhi, Mumbai in Maharashtra, Ranthambore in Rajasthan, Thrissur in Kerala, and Jodhpur in Rajasthan.
So, choose your destination and pack your bags.