Thu, 1 Jun - Fri, 2 Jun | 1 Room, 2 Guest
The Residency TowersT Nagar-City Centre
- 7322+ Taxes 1116
Fortune Select GrandGST Road
- 5899+ Taxes 899
Feathers- A Radha HotelChennai Trade Centre
- 8259+ Taxes 1259
Radisson Blu Hotel GRTAirport Zone
- 8763+ Taxes 1336
The Park ChennaiUS Consulate
- 7596+ Taxes 1158
The Raintree, St.Mary's RoadAlwarpet
- 6772+ Taxes 1033
Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar ParkAlwarpet
- 8349+ Taxes 1273
Turyaa Chennai - OMR IT ExpresswayOMR-Old Mahabalipuram Road
- 5534+ Taxes 844
Grand Chennai by GRT HotelsT Nagar-City Centre
- 7020+ Taxes 1070
Park Hyatt ChennaiGuindy
- 14336+ Taxes 3136
Park Plaza Chennai OMROMR-Old Mahabalipuram Road
- 7080+ Taxes 1080
Ramada Plaza ChennaiGuindy
- 7736+ Taxes 1180
The Raintree, Anna SalaiAnna Salai
- 7256+ Taxes 1106
WelcomHotel Chennai - Member ITC Hotel GroupUS Consulate
- 32000+ Taxes 7000
Quality Inn SabariT Nagar-City Centre
- 3835+ Taxes 585
The Ambassador PallavaEgmore
- 4569+ Taxes 696
- 6785+ Taxes 1035
- 4838+ Taxes 738
- 7133+ Taxes 1088
Top 5 Reasons to Book Hotel in Chennai on Cleartrip
- Hand-picked selection of over 592 hotels starting at Rs 395 per night.
- 100 % Verified hotels from trusted partners located at most popular locations in Chennai.
- Read 100s of reviews from real travelers and book a hotel room that best suits your needs.
- 24 * 7 contact center support. Enjoy Hassle-free support always!
- One of the most trusted and awarded travel brand in India.
Book Hotels in Chennai: The Gateway of South India
Summer is here with the bright sun. Planning a vacation in this summer? Well, there is something intoxicating about the summer and summer vacation. So where are you planning your vacation this summer? How about visiting Chennai, the southern city of India with a cosmopolitan glamour on the intact old soul? Now just imagine savouring scrumptiously authentic South Indian delicacies while witnessing an enchanting sunset at the Marina Beach, the second-longest urban beach on the globe!
Chennai is situated in the Coromandel Coast of the Bay of Bengal. It is the capital city of the state of Tamil Nadu and a growing commercial city of southern India. It has a significant role in the traditional, historical as well as the academic growth of the country. Chennai is best-known for the aesthetical display of diversity of the Dravidian civilization. Originally, Chennai was a cluster of small villages. The merchants of the British East India Company selected it as the site for a factory and a trading port in the year 1639. By 20th century, the city became an administrative hub.
The climate in Chennai is tropical and it is extremely hot and humid. During the summer season, the temperature goes up to 45 °C during the day, and at night it is around 25°C. Ample rainfall results in a pleasant climate throughout the year. When planning a trip to Chennai, it is advisable to carry cotton fabric clothes to cope up with the hot humid climate.
People are the greatest assets of every place and here people are enthusiastic, simple and believe in living a simple lifestyle. They are quite attached to their age-old traditions, religious and social practices and follow them with sincerity. The Anna Centenary Library in Chennai is the largest library in Asia. This city is the birthplace of one of the famous and the oldest classical dance forms in India, Bharatnatyam.
Chennai Hotels Booking Tips
For accommodation in Chennai, you can choose from a wide range of options like the luxury resort, star hotels or budget hotels all offering a comfortable stay. The difference lies in the services, interiors and amenities. Each year the city welcomes a huge number of tourists. To enjoy your trip and the serene beauty of Chennai, when you are planning a trip search about the places to stay in Chennai, on our site and you will get a complete list of hotels in Chennai that fits your requirements using the search filters. Researching to book hotels in Chennai on our site will also enable you to know about the hotels in Chennai with price. This will help you to set your trip budget as well. However, beneath are few more tips for finding the right accommodation in Chennai. Have a look:
· Best season to book hotels in Chennai: The best time to visit the city is between the months of November to February. While you are looking to book hotels in Chennai remember that months of November to February is the peak season hence the price of the hotels in Chennai is also high. If you want to save a few bucks on your places to stay in Chennai, you can visit the city in the summer season. In this season, the price of the hotels are less as it is off-season due to the scorching heat of the tropical city. However, when you plan to city the city in the off season make sure you carry cool cotton clothes. In addition, if you are looking for the fewer crowd along with pleasant weather the than the late January to February will be a good time for you to visit the city.
· Best season to book hotels in Chennai: The best time to visit the city is between the months of November to February. While you are looking to book hotels in Chennai remember that months of November to February is the peak season hence the price of the hotels in Chennai is also high. If you want to save a few bucks on your places to stay in Chennai, you can visit the city in the summer season. In this season, the price of the hotels are less as it is off-season due to the scorching heat of the tropical city. However, when you plan to city the city in the offseason make sure you carry cool cotton clothes. In addition, if you are looking for the fewer crowd along with pleasant weather the than the late January to February will be a good time for you to visit the city.
· List of budget hotels in Chennai: If you are looking for places to stay in Chennai in a limited budget, the city can offer you a large number of decent budget hotels. Our site has a comprehensive list of hotels in Chennai for budget travellers too. These hotels offer good services and good food at an affordable price. The ambience of the hotels is also nice and most of them have free parking space and free wi-fi. These hotels also provide special offers to their guests on special occasions and few of them also offer complimentary breakfast.
· Places to book hotels in Chennai: As mentioned, Chennai has several hotels in different price range. If you are looking for hotels near the airport you can opt for Quality Inn Airport. The hotel is just five-minutes drive to the airport. There are few more hotels near the airport like Radisson Blu Hotel GRT, Zingle Stay Airport, Treebo Adin Residence, Orange Inn Manapakkam which are little expensive but comfortable, convenient and guest friendly. If you are looking for hotels near the Marina Beach, you can opt for low range hotels like Peace Inn, Zam Zam Residents, Thaj Regency, Apple Residency etc. Century Garden, Treebo Adin Residence, SR Ashwin Residency are a few good hotels near Chennai trade centre
How to book cheap hotels in Chennai:
To book cheap hotels in Chennai, you need to first search for hotels on our travel website. Booking hotels on our site is easy and we offer hotels at a reasonable price. You can definitely rely on us for your accommodation booking in Chennai with us. Our site has a comprehensive list of hotels in Chennai with price that includes both luxury and budget hotels. Booking hotels on our site is a hassle-free task, and we have user-friendly policies.
· Hotel safety tips
Beneath are a few hotel safety tips, you should keep in mind while you book accommodation in Chennai:
- Prior to booking hotels always do good research. Collect good information about your destination and the place of accommodation.
- Before you book a hotel ensure to call the hotel once for any queries that you may have.
- After booking online, do call the hotel for confirmation.
- When you reach the hotel never leave your luggage unattended.
- Before you settle in the room, check minutely if the locks in the doors and windows are functioning properly. If not, ask for change.
- Ensure that the door has a deadbolt, it is better to keep it locked whenever you are in the room.
Some Facts About Chennai
• Geographical area: Chennai covers an area of 178.20 sq. km.
• Official Language: The official language of Chennai is Tamil.
• Other Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Urdu, Malayalam are also used as a medium of communication in the city.
• Season: The season in Chennai is Tropical in the entire year.
• Religions: Hindu, Islam, Christians, Sikhs, Parsis, Buddhists, Jains
• Population: 6.4 Million. (approx)
• Literacy rate: As per 2011 census the literacy rate of Chennai is 90.1 % where the male literacy rate is 93.70 percent and the Female literacy rate is 86.64 percent
• Food: Chennai is the city of some mouth-watering south Indian culinary including idli and Sambhar, Dosa, Uttapam, Pongal with chutney, sambar, vada, Paniyaram or Ponganalu or Paddu. Vada sambar chutney. Milagaai Bajji or Chilli Bhajji etc.
• Cost of living: In the rank of cost of living Chennai ranked and 354th out of 376 cities in the world. It has the cost of living index of 25.55.
· How to commute: Being one of the four metropolitan cities of India Chennai comprises of a well-connected transport system. You can commute via cabs, prepaid taxis, auto rickshaws, buses and mini private buses
Famous Dining Places in Chennai
There are various dining places in Chennai that quality of food and taste. Saravana Bhavan is amid one of the finest South Indian restaurants in Chennai. This pure vegetarian restaurant is located in Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Koyambedu, Chennai which is famous for the genuine flavour of Sambhar. If you are looking for Chettinadu cuisine, Karaikudi is the place for you. The menu of the restaurant is comprised of both delicious veg. and no veg. food. The restaurant is sited in Ashok Nagar, Chennai. The waiters in the restaurant also traditionally dressed. This is one of the most visited resultants in Chennai. Komala's is another dining place in Chennai which can match your saviour for traditional South Indian cuisine. The restaurant is located in Urapakkam, Chennai.
Attractions of Chennai
The city is the melting point of music, architecture, sculpture and crafts. Along with the skyrocketing fine-dining scenarios, your travel experience will definitely be starting with those magnificent museums and temples.
· Places to visit in Chennai:
The famous marina beach is one of the major tourist destinations in the city. This is known as a step the second-longest urban beach in the world. Another pace of attraction is Chennai is the magnificent Marundeeswarar Temple. The temple is located in Tiruvanmiyur, near Chennai. This monument is a significant specimen of Dravidian architecture. If you are a nature lover Arinagar Anna Zoological Park is a must visit place for you. This Zoological Park is the place that is housing around 138 different species of organisms. Valluvar Kottam is another major tourist attraction in Chennai. The place is built to pay tribute to one of the renowned classical Tamil poet and saint, Thiruvalluvar. Built in the year 1970, Valluvar Kottam famous for its enchanting architecture, innovative layouts and the execution ways. Another place to visit in Chennai is Ashtalakshmi temple is situated in Besant Nagar, MGR Film city, Breezy Beach in the neighborhood of Valmiki Nagar in Chennai, The Connemara Public Library, Shirdi Sai Baba temple etc.
Things to do in Chennai:
Chennai is not simply placed for serenity and the spiritual environment. It is the place which can also relish your adventurous soul. Among the to-do list in Chennai add scuba diving for cooling yourself in the tropical climate. The perfect location for the activity is Covelong Beach. You can also opt for camping in Chennai. There are quite a number of hills are there where you can enjoy the beauty of nature. Paragliding can be done in Palavakkam. Para-motoring is also an adventurous sport in Chennai. The tropical climate of Chennai has blessed the land with rich wildlife. One can experiences the startling wildlife safari around in the wilderness. Arignar Anna Zoological Park hosts are the place you can choose or you can also visit Madras Crocodile Bank for a thrilling experience with the animals.
Shopping in Chennai
For shopping in Chennai, you can visit Anna Salai which was previously named as Mount Road. You can buy right from the jewellery to various accrues here. Panagal Park is another location where you can set free your shopaholic spirit. You can find fine silk sarees in the shoppes on the South Usman Road and Ranganathan Street of the area. If you are looking for buying electronic products or toys or garments T-Nagar or Thyagaraya Nagar is the place for you. Anna Nagar, on the other hand, is the destinations for shoppers who are looking for branded or expensive items. In the Burma Bazaar located in the Gorge town market area, you can buy the special pure mulberry silk of Tamil Nadu. Buyers can also look for diverse type of Kanchipuram sarees here. Mylapore is known for a good place for buying classical dance accessories.
Lastly, keep yourself remind that Chennai is a destination that holds quite a number of attractions. Hence prior to visiting the city plane the destinations you want to visit according to the days of your stay. It is always advisable to take time in hand to explore the enchanting beauty of the city and to relish your vacation. For your accommodation clear trip is always there at your help.
Chennai Hotels Frequently Asked Questions
Could you tell us hotels in Chennai that provides 24 hours check-in check-out facility?
There are many hotels in Chennai that offer 24 hour checkin facility. Some luxury hotels in city that offer 24 hour check in are Taz Kamar Inn, The Vijay Park, and The Vijay Park - Madhavaram.You could also try these budget hotels Hotel Chandra Park, Hotel Mars, and Deluxe Hotel that offer this facility.
Suggest us few good hotels in Chennai that provide wifi.
These days Wi-Fi is part of basic facility that most hotels in Chennai offer. These budget hotels in city offer free Wi-Fi service FabHotel Metro Manor Central Station, FabHotel Venture Park Thoraipakkam, and Leeflex Serviced Apartment.
I'm looking for hotels in Chennai with swimming pool. Please suggest.
All the four and five-star hotels in Chennai have a well-maintained swimming pool. Syening Associates Near Siruseri Sipcot IT Park are some budget hotels in city that also have swimming pool.
Could you suggest us few hotels in Chennai that has free parking facility?
There are few hotels in Chennai that provides free parking facility Hotel Chennai Deluxe, Leeflex Serviced Apartment, and Vista Rooms at GST Road.
Can you suggest us hotels in Chennai that offers rooms under Rs. 1700/-?
There are many hotels in Chennai that offers hotels under Rs. 1700/-. For best options you can check Hotel Chandra Park, Peace Inn, and Deluxe Hotel under 1700/-.
Can you suggest me hotels that have pay@hotel options in Chennai?
Most hotels in Chennai prefer that you pay some advance to book a room. However, there are some hotels that give you an option to pay@hotel like The Raintree, St.Mary's Road, Turyaa Chennai, and Savera Hotel.
Please suggest me 5 star hotels in Chennai.
There are a lot of options for comfortable stay in Chennai. Check this hotels for comfortable stay ITC Grand Chola, Vivanta By Taj Fishermans Cove, and Hyatt Regency Chennai.
Can you suggest few hotels with good front desk facility in Chennai?
Yes, there are a lot of hotels in Chennai that has good front desk service available. Check this hotels ITC Grand Chola, Vivanta By Taj Fishermans Cove, and Hyatt Regency Chennai.
*All prices displayed here are indicative, prices will vary based on your dates of travel.