Pune to Goa Trains
Traveling from Pune to Goa by train is a little challenging, as there are only three trains, namely Goa Express (12780), Pune ERS Superfast Express (22150) and Poorna Express (11097).
Timing and Duration
The only daily train from Pune to Goa is Goa Express that departs Pune at 16:35 PM and reaches Madgaon (MAO) at 05:40 AM. The train roughly takes 13 hours and 5 minutes to cover the distance of 585 kms.
The Pune ERS Superfast Express runs only on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 18:45 PM from Pune and reaches Goa at 07:10. It takes roughly 12 hours and 25 minutes to travel the distance.
The other train, Poorna Express, takes the maximum time of 17 hours and 20 minutes to cover the distance between these two cities. It departs from Pune station at 23:30 PM on Saturday and reaches Goa at 16:50 PM the next day.
Average Ticket Price
As per your comfort, you can choose which coach you’d like to travel by. The ticket fares for the different coaches are:
- Second AC approximately INR 1,325
- Third AC around INR 935
- Sleeper Coach roughly INR 355
Travelers can even book Tatkal and Premium Tatkal tickets for the trains from Pune to Goa. The prices to book Tatkal tickets for different coaches are:
- Second AC nearly INR 1,740
- Third AC approximately INR 1s250
- Sleeper Coach nearly INR 455
The trains along this route cross several stations. Some of them are:
- Miraj Junction
- Londa Junction
- Castle Rock
- Sanverdam Chuch
If you are planning a trip to Goa from Pune during the carnival or peak season, it is highly advisable to book tickets at least 45 to 60 days in advance, as there is only one daily train along this route.
Download the Cleartrip app now to know about the Pune-Goa train timings and make ticket bookings.
Pune Goa Train Schedule
Trains Originating from Mumbai
Trains Passing from Pune
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which trains run from Pune to Goa? The following trains start from Pune - Pune Junction Eranakulam Junction Superfast Express, Poorna Express. In addition to this, trains like Goa Express pass through Pune to reach Goa.
- How many weekly trains are there from Pune to Goa? There are 10 weekly trains from Pune to Goa. Following are the train names and their respective train number - Pune Junction Eranakulam Junction Superfast Express (22150), Poorna Express (11097), Goa Express (12780).
- When does the first train leave from Pune? The first train from Pune to Goa is at 16:35 PM, which is Goa Express (12780) followed by Pune Junction Eranakulam Junction Superfast Express (22150) which leaves at 18:45 PM.
- When does the last train leave from Pune? The last train from Pune to Goa is at 23:10 PM, which is Poorna Express (11097).
- What are the different stations in Pune & it's respective code? Different station in Pune are Pune Junction (PUNE), Chinchvad (CCH), Sivajinagar (SVJR), Khadki (KK), Pimpri (PMP), Hadapsar (HDP).
- What are the different stations in Goa & it's respective code? Different stations in Goa are Karmali (KRMI), Thivim (THVM), Madgaon (MAO).
Other Routes From Pune
- Pune to Mumbai trains
- Pune to Lonavala trains
- Pune to Daund trains
- Pune to Solapur trains
- Pune to Kurduvadi trains
- Pune to Thane trains
- Pune to Wadi trains
- Pune to Manmad trains
- Pune to Bhusawal trains
- Pune to Ahmadnagar trains
- Pune to Gulbarga trains
- Pune to Guntakal trains
- Pune to Shahabad trains
- Pune to Gooty trains
- Pune to Miraj trains
- Pune to Khandala trains
- Pune to Satara trains
- Pune to Bangalore trains
- Pune to Sangli trains
- Pune to Karad trains
- Pune to Uruli Kanchan trains