Chennai to New Delhi Trains
Both these cities are located at a distance of 2175kms. Traveling from one place to the other is easy because of the efficient rail connectivity. There are many trains that run between the two cities. On a daily basis, 0 trains run between Chennai and New Delhi. On a weekly basis, the count shoots up to 9.
First train that leaves Chennai and takes you to New Delhi is 16031 Andaman Express. It departs from Chennai at 05:15 AM and reaches New Delhi at 00:43 AM. The last train that leaves Chennai for New Delhi is 12621 Tamil Nadu Express. It leaves at 22:00 PM and reaches the destination at 06:37 AM.
12269 Duronto Express is the fastest train that will take you from Chennai to New Delhi. It takes 3h 55m and leaves Chennai at 06:40. The maximum duration of 43h 28m is taken by Andaman Express 16031. It departs from Chennai at 05:15.
Out of all the trains that operate between Chennai and New Delhi,5 originate from Chennai while the rest 4 pass from Chennai.
If you are looking for a way to plan your travel between these two cities, then Cleartrip will have all your answers. With its easy-to-use mobile app and website, you may book your rail tickets in a jiffy. Cleartrip offers all the information you need and ensures that your experience is quick as well as seamless.
Chennai New Delhi Train Schedule
Trains Originating from Chennai
Trains Passing from Chennai
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which trains run from Chennai to New Delhi? The following trains start from Chennai - H Nizamuddin Garib Rath, Rajdhani Express, Tamil Nadu Express. In addition to this, trains like Duronto Express, Sampark Kranti, Tirukkural Express pass through Chennai to reach New Delhi.
- How many weekly trains are there from Chennai to New Delhi? There are 28 weekly trains from Chennai to New Delhi. Following are the train names and their respective train number - Andaman Express (16031), Tamil Nadu Express (12621), Grand Trunk Express (12615).
- When does the first train leave from Chennai? The first train from Chennai to New Delhi is at 05:15 AM, which is Andaman Express (16031) followed by H Nizamuddin Garib Rath (12611) which leaves at 06:10 AM.
- When does the last train leave from Chennai? The last train from Chennai to New Delhi is at 22:00 PM, which is Tamil Nadu Express (12621).
- What are the different stations in Chennai & it's respective code? Different station in Chennai are Chennai Central (MAS), Chennai Egmore (MS), Perambur (PER), Tambaram (TBM), Mambalam (MBM).
- What are the different stations in New Delhi & it's respective code? Different stations in New Delhi are H Nizamuddin (NZM), Delhi Shahdara (DSA), Delhi Cantt (DEC), Subzi Mandi (SZM), Narela (NUR), Shakurbasti (SSB), Palam (PM), Tuglakabad (TKD), Okhla (OKA), Tilak Bridge (TKJ), Shivaji Bridge (CSB), Delhi S Rohilla (DEE), Delhi Kishangnj (DKZ), Delhi (DLI), Nangloi (NNO), Delhi Safdarjng (DSJ), Mangolpuri (MGLP), Anand Vihar Trm (ANVT), Anand Vihar (ANVR), Bijwasan (BWSN), Badli (BHD), Viveka Vihar (VVB).
Other Routes From Chennai
- Chennai to Arakonam trains
- Chennai to Jolarpet trains
- Chennai to Chengalpattu trains
- Chennai to Salem trains
- Chennai to Katpadi trains
- Chennai to Vijayawada trains
- Chennai to Tiruchirappalli trains
- Chennai to Ongole trains
- Chennai to Coimbatore trains
- Chennai to Viluppuram trains
- Chennai to Tiruppur trains
- Chennai to Erode trains
- Chennai to Gudur trains
- Chennai to Virudhachalam trains
- Chennai to Nellore trains
- Chennai to Dindigul trains
- Chennai to Palakkad trains
- Chennai to Bangalore trains
- Chennai to Tenali trains
- Chennai to Virudhunagar trains
- Chennai to Chirala trains