Vishakhapatnam or Vizag, as it is popularly referred, is a major port city in India. Although it is mainly an industrial city, it also offers beautiful scenery. It is often referred to as the ‘Goa of the East’ because of its numerous beaches. The pristine and contemporary sandy beaches like the famous Ramakrishna Beach, the Simhachalam temple, and the Kailasagiri temple attract national and international tourists all the year round. This place, known for its multiple tourist attractions including the Eastern Naval Command of the Indian Navy, has become one of the finest revenue earners as far as tourism is concerned.
Places to Visit in Vishakhapatnam
- Kailasagar – This hill station is a favourite of locals. It also encompasses the Kailasagiri Hill Park, which is located at the top of the hill station and is 360 feet from sea level.
- Submarine Museum – The museum is the only one of its kind in Asia, a must visit site by the tourists.
- Matsyadarshini Aquarium – It is located near the beach and holds an impressive collection of freshwater as well as fish.
- Borra caves - Borra caves are 92 km away from the city, situated 1400 metres above the sea level. Here you can see stalagmite and stalactite formations. They are said to have been discovered by William King George in the year 1807 and are the biggest caves found in India.
- Kambalakonda- A nature preserve, which is a hidden gem hardly known even to the locals. The tourists should visit the site for a memorable experience.
- Araku Valley- Your trip to Vishakhapatnam will not be complete if you do not visit the Araku Valley. They are located 3200 square feet above the sea level and are endowed with lush green gardens, streams and waterfalls.
- Yarada Beach- Surrounded by hills on three sides and Bay of Bengal on the fourth, Yarada Beach is undoubtedly the best beach in Vishakhapatnam.
- Rishikonda Beach- This is one of the best beaches in Andhra Pradesh, situated 8 km from Vishakhapatnam and captivates the tourists towards its clear water and serenity.
- Katiki Waterfalls – These waterfalls are located 4 km away from the Borra Caves. However, it goes dry in summer.
- VUDA Park- The park spread over 55 acres of land is home to around 2500 trees. Out of 55 acres, in 37 acres, you will only find rich greenery.
Weather & Temperature in Vishakhapatnam
Vishakhapatnam experiences a hot and dry climate from April to June; and during these months, the temperature ranges from 22°C - 41°C. From July to September, it is the monsoon season. While May is the hottest month of the year, January is the coldest. The temperature experienced during winter i.e. October to March ranging from 15°C - 27°C making it ideal for a visit. It generally experiences a tropical climate with rainfalls even during summer.
Best Time to Visit
Best months to visit Vishakhapatnam are from October to March. Book cheap air tickets to Vishakhapatnam on Cleartrip!