Delhi is one of the oldest cities and has a unique charm to it. This capital city of India offers a nice blend of cultures with people from different cities settled here. From street food to bustling markets and elite pubs to golf courses, this city offers a lot. Also, there are many partying, shopping and dining options.
With a rich history, this city is a perfect tourist destination where you will get a glimpse of both the old and the new. This beautiful city has many historical monuments that will take you back to the ancient era. From the Red Fort to Qutub Minar and the Parliament House, Delhi is the hub of both the economic and the cultural activities. This city has something for everyone and thus will never disappoint you. It is a place to revel in art, architecture, food and nightlife!
Places To Visit in Delhi
- Red Fort – This is one of the most visited destinations in Delhi. It is a must visit place, which dates back to the ancient history and holds a lot of information about past. This is an excellent red sandstone fort, which was constructed by the Mughal Ruler Shah Jahan in the year 1648. The gardens here are lush green throughout the year. You can visit Diwan-I-Aam, Diwan-E-Khas, Khas Mahal, Rang Mahal, Chatta Chowk, etc.
- India Gate –This monument was built in remembrance of thousands of soldiers who died during the World War I. There is an eternal flame Amar Jawan Jyoti here. Walk in the parks around India Gate in the evening and enjoy a beautiful view.
- Qutub Minar – This is yet another monument that you will appreciate exploring for its unique architecture and splendid design. The minar is 72.5 m long and was built during 1193-1368. The delicate carvings on the structure are still well-preserved and a delight for our eyes.
- Jantar Mantar – Do take a glimpse of Jantar Mantar built by Maharaja Jai Singh II with your family.
- Akshardham Temple – Located in Noida, this Hindu temple is known for exquisite architecture, sculptures, well-manicured gardens, musical fountains, various shows, and pure vegetarian canteen.
- Lotus Temple – It has been designed in the shape of a lotus with 27 petals and is a fantastic monument with mind-blowing architecture. It is located just above the milky blue pond. There is nothing much to see inside but the magnificent architecture of lotus petals will take your breath away.
- Delhi markets: Unless you visit and do shopping from Delhi, your trip can never be complete. Famous Delhi markets you can explore are Janpath, Lajpat Nagar, Sarojini Nagar, Kamla Nagar, Dilli Haat, Chandani Chowk, and Khan Market.
Weather and Temperature of Delhi
Delhi experiences humid subtropical and semi-arid climate. Summers begin in April and lasts till June with temperatures 30°C to 45 °C. Winter begins in November and stays till February/March with average temperatures 12-13 °C. Monsoons are from mid-June to mid-September.
Best Time To Visit Delhi
October to March is the right time to plan your trip to Delhi as the weather is nice during this time, and you will have an enjoyable experience with your family. Book cheap flight tickets to Delhi on Cleartrip!
Reaching New Delhi By Train
There is no regular trains to New Delhi from other major cities of the country. The nearest Railway station is at Gurgaon which is located at a distance of 21kms.
Railway Station(s): Gurgaon