Bangalore or Bengaluru is the capital city of Karnataka and is also popularly known as the “Silicon Valley of India”. It is the 3rd largest city of India and also the main IT hub of the country. It is a beautiful place with lots of attractions both for the locals and the tourists. You will surely love its fascinating cafés, beautiful gardens, great infrastructure, classy restaurants, and European architecture. The popularity of this fast-paced cosmopolitan city is growing at a very rapid pace not only in terms of tourism but also employment opportunities. More reasons to visit Bangalore are its pleasant climate and magnificent landmarks. It is also known for Kannada film industry. You can also experience cultural diversity here with people from all over the country living in this city.
Places To Visit in Bangalore
- Bangalore Palace – Built in the year 1878 by the Maharajahs of Mysore, its Gothic architecture will leave you spellbound. Many events and rock shows take place at this palace. You are not allowed to take photos of this palace without permission. There is an audio guide available at the palace, which describes the architecture in detail.
- Cubbon Park – You can find lots of exotic plant species in this park. It is one of the most visited parks in the city with a lovely aquarium that attracts the visitors.
- Wonder La – It is an amusement park with lots of fun and water rides for both kids and adults. It is one of the largest adventure parks in India.
- Bannerghatta National Park – It is one of the most visited parks in the city and has a variety of flora and fauna. If you are a nature lover, you will love the widest species of colourful butterflies and animals here including white lion and crocodiles.
- Lal Bagh – This garden is famous for its glasshouse, which has been designed on the similar lines with the crystal palace of London.
- Tipu Sultan’s Palace– This summer destination of the king dates back to 1790. The palace is made mostly out of wood with fine detailing in the balcony, arches and pillars. This two-storey palace is worth your time if you love architecture.
- Trekking– The natural beauty and weather conditions of the city are favourable for camping and trekking trips throughout the year. There are a lot of places on the outskirts of this city where you can go for trekking like Coorg, Skandgiri, and Kudremukh.
Weather and Temperature of Bangalore
Bangalore is usually pleasant throughout the year. Maximum winter temperature is 14 °C while maximum summer temperature is around 36 °C. Bangalore also receives rainfall in August, September, and October.
Best Time To Visit Bangalore
Winter is the perfect time to visit Bangalore that is from October to February. During this time, the weather is great, and you can enjoy to the fullest. Book cheap air tickets to Bangalore on Cleartrip!
Reaching Bangalore By Train
You can easily get regular trains to Bangalore from other major cities of the country..
Railway Station(s): Bangalore East , Bangalore Cant , Bangalore Cy Jn , Yesvantpur Jn , Krishnarajapurm , Whitefield , Yelhanka Jn , Banaswadi , Kengeri , Malleswaram , Nayandahalli , Hebbal