by Sam T on Feb 25, 2015Hotel
Yes the manager was surly (pretty common in India anyway), it's noisy and the rooms are very basic but it has awesome views over the
Ghats (Riverview room) and you just can't beat the location! As already mentioned it's a little hard to find and you can't drive up to the front door. For me though that was half the fun and it's ok to get lost in the wonderful little streets and back alleys of Varanasi. Maybe carry a little torch with you though as some areas can get a little hard to see at night.
by sift_50 on Mar 05, 2015Hotel
Two ladies i.e. My wife and my mother in law stayed there. So, the hotel was quite safe for ladies. They stayed in the heritage room. The room was basic but it has amazing view of Ganges. The room and toilet was clean. The hotel staffs were very friendly and were always ready to help. The location of the hotel was very good.
by Andrew H on Feb 23, 2015Hotel
This hotel is by no means luxury. Pretty basic, not super clean, a few loose wires here and there but the location is superb. The room I had had a walkway/balcony outside the door of the crumbly building. You hope that the structure is secure although there are cracks and bits missing. The little brick wall between you and a 15 metre drop is less than a metre high but the view over the ghats is fantastic. You can watch the comings and goings endlessly from relative tranquility. There is a basic but fairly decent restaurant on top of the hotel. Try the ginger, lemon and honey tea. Delicious. If you want a guide ask for Lolit at the reception. He's somehow associated with the hotel. He won't name a price, like a lot of these guides he will say "pay me what you think is fair". He knows Varanasi well though and will help you navigate the barrage of beggars, hawkers and chancers.
by Kanianchatterjee on Feb 14, 2015Hotel
I really don't know why I am writing this review now, as my association with Palace on Steps dates back to December 2010..That's almost 4 years back...I have seen this
hotel shaping up to its modern shape and I know each of the persons associated with this hotel. So, it's more of my experience log rather than a "business like" review....
It was a chilly winter evening in December 2014 that I, along with my family, was collected from Varanasi (Babatpur) airport by the hotel car and drove to hotel landmark for new guests "Jammu & Kashmir Bank ATM" in Madanpura road. I was absolutely new in Varanasi and was a little anxious with my aged parents, a 3 year old nephew and my elder sister. The driver gave a call to the hotel folks and a young guy came within minutes. He summoned a hand pulled rickshaw and loaded our bag & baggage in that and then escorted us through the famous "Gallis" (Very Narrow lanes) to the hotel and frankly speaking, at a first sight I was not very impressed. But then the magic started unfolding. We booked two river facing room and we didn't have any idea as to what kind of magic waited for us. We were escorted to our rooms and whoa!!! the room balcony opened hanging right above the Ganges and we could really see and smell all the activities on the holy river. I asked the hotel boy as to which way is to the Ghats and he showed me. Climbing down huge historic steps [ a single step is a foot high] I landed on the RanaMahal ghat and proceeding a little to the left reached the historic and famous Dashaswamedh Ghat and caught the sacred Ganga Aarti. That night we took dinner in the hotel, food was homely, a little oily as you find in North India...but tasty nevertheless. Next morning early morning we observed the magnificent view of Sunrise from the hotel balcony itself, then after morning ablution proceeded to offer puja at Baba Biswanath Temple...A guy name Rakesh guided us to the temple and remained with us all the time till we were done. He didn't claim a single rupee but we tipped him....The hotel folks guided us as to how to take a sight seeing tour in Varanasi and we went places like Sarnath, Sankatmochan temple etc. In the afternoon we took a fabulous boat ride on the Ganges seeing all the ghats of Varanasi and observed the Ganga aarti from the boat....Next morning we bade adieu to the hotel and proceeded for Madhya Pradesh....
This was the first encounter...and I don't know why but I fell in love with the place...Don't know whether for the location of the hotel, for the folks in the hotel and this hotel became an integral place of my favorite place "Benaras"....
After that I have been to Varansi multiple times in 2011, 2012, 2013, and latest being November 2014 [In 2014, I went thrice...Once during Holi on 17th March, then on in the Month of August in sacred month of Sravana and then in 19th November 2014]....The folks are very well known now...Sanjayji [Sanjay Pandey -- the manager], Dineshji [He has left now] and the cook and the boy everybody...
For Benaras, I don't and can't think of any other hotel now...Whenever I wish to be there, I just give them a call, transfer the tariff [It has remained same for me since 2010 as one of their initial customer] and now they know me by Name and my likings also and my favourite room. I just call Sanjayji and it is all done. Early check in - No problem, Late Check out - No problem - at no extra charges...
Now I would like to specially highlight few of the exceptional services which touched my heart:
1. In 2012 May, I was supposed to got to Kanha from Benaras but the special train was abnormally late by 7 hours and I didn't want to miss my next day afternoon Safari in Kanha. I requested Dineshji as to whether I can get a car to travel to Jabalpur overnight...It was 8 PM in the evening....Within minutes he gave me his own car with his own driver....Charge was nominal as per Google map.
2. March 2014 - Packed day at Benaras for Holi. I reached Benaras quite late by train from Delhi and I had booked earlier as I always do. There was huge flow of foreigners as this hotel is typically favourite for foreigners. Dineshji requested me to wait in the reception....I was hell tired but obliged....After all the foreigners were given their room, Dineshji politely told me that my favourite room is not available and escorted to me the property beside the hotel which is also owned by them and gave me a room seeing which I couldn't believe myself....It was HUGE room with lavish fixtures, awesomely fitted washroom with a very very nice Balcony over the Ganges...I was surprised, I was worried for the tariff and asked him that how much extra I have to pay...He smiled and replied that this is Maharaja suite and costs more than INR 4000/- per night, but for YOU....not a penny extra. He could have easily given this room to the foreigners but he honoured a loyal old timer client. I was really touched...I told him that I would be checking out late next afternoon, he said "You can check out whenever you wish" and left!!
3. One day I reached late...and was in hurry to go to Baba Biswanath temple and the favourite room was somehow not available. They opened for me a small cosy room upstairs, with all amenities, and allowed me to refresh and use it as long as they don't give me the favourite room. When I was back from the temple, it was ready and I was shifted to MY favourite room.
The features of this place are:
1. An excellent heritage building converted into a very nice hotel.
2. People are awesome.
3. Location is excellent and right above the ghats..You can experience the "Life on the river" for the entire day right from your room.
4. Roof top restaurant - Awesome place to sit with a tea/coffee or Beer (if you wish, I don't booze while in Benaras for spiritual reason) and watch the river silently flowing by whispering history of 3500 years in your ears. The absolutely fabulous place to watch Sunrise.....Go late in the evening and sit out in the open air restaurant and lose yourself in yourself...
5. Nice parakeets flying over your head and chirping all around through out the day. But be a bit careful about the monkeys, they are bit naughty...but I don't mind.
I typically don't have food at this restaurant [ a point to improve, but nothing bad] but often sit there with a cup of tea or a glass of Soda and they don't mind....all the way smiling...
They don't have telephones in room, no wifi, no standardization across rooms, YES agree...but hotel is not just a place to stay, it gives you an experience...and that's where it is PRICELESS for me....
One of my childhood friend is going to stay there in March during Holi...I have referred him and I am again going to be back in Mid March...with family [most of the time I go solo] and then again in August and November...and as long as Mother Ganges flows and the sacred bells toll at the Golden temple of Baba Biswanath....I might not be there physically, but my spirit will remain and will be there!!!
by Kamal J on Jun 26, 2014Hotel
it was not a good hotel as per my expectation and have no AC on standard rook. Not good for Summer. Connecting roads for hotel are very bad. there is no convenience to reach hotel. No TV in Standard rooms.
by Marcelo C on Nov 24, 2012Hotel
Tivemos um problema de lotação no primeiro dia, fomos movidos para uma pousada muito inferior ao contratado, no dia seguinte fomos levados a um quarto muito bom para os padrões de Varanasi, mas a vista da janela era absolutamente incrível, janela direto no gat. Isso foi suficiente para apagar qualquer ressentimento.
by richard g on Mar 05, 2015Hotel
Hotel Palace on the Steps was reasonably clean. Very large room. The problem with this type hotel is that the bathroom and toilet are rather close 8to each other in the same room and the floor tends to get sloppy wet although, because it is somewhat sloped, it dries pretty quickly. What I did like a lot was the service, i.e., free computer and pleasant management. Also the breakfast was eaten on the rooftop and afforded a good view of the Ganges when the pollution cleared up enough to see it. All in all from a cost factor the good outweighed the bad by a large margin. Knowing what I know I would definately return.
Cleartrip’s hotel ratings take into account numerous factors such as independent rating systems like FHRAI, media recognition and post-trip feedback from our customers. We make all attempts to keep this information up to date, but cannot guarantee service levels at the hotel to be consistent.