September is the month when the monsoons are almost over but not completely. So, if you want to experience the monsoons, this is your last opportunity of the year to go on a trip. There are many tourist places in India that you can visit in September and have a blast. You will really love to explore the enchanting cities in India during this month. You can have an exotic experience at a hill station with beautiful landscapes or get inspired by the historical and cultural cities of the country. You can also have fun by visiting highly-developed cities with great infrastructure. So, it is all up to your mood.
Places to visit in India in September:
Shimla is one of the most popular hill stations with perfect landscapes, mesmerizing views, nice food and shopping options. There are many sightseeing places like Church, The Ridge, Rastrapathi Niwas, Jakhoo temple and Scandal Point. During September, you can enjoy the rains and the lovely fragrance it brings. However, be careful as landslides are common in monsoons.
- Best time to visit: You can visit Shimla any time of the year. Each season has something to offer. Summers are pleasant, monsoons are thrilling and winters are amazing with snowfall.
- Things to do: Kalka – Shimla toy train ride, shopping at lakkar bazaar, Chadwick waterfall, trekking to Jakhoo temple, and nature walks.
- How to reach: You can reach Shimla by train, bus and flight. If you stay in Chandigarh or Delhi, going by car is the best option.
- Popular hotels: The popular hotels in Shimla are Combermere, Honeymoon Inn and Hotel Springfields.
Manali is also another popular hill station in India that is really gorgeous and worth visiting at least once in your lifetime. You should plan your trip in an effective way without any hurdles. You can spend a good time with your favourite people if you are planning to go for a holiday destination in India in your leisure time.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Manali is from September to January. Book your holiday package in advance with a reliable travel website.
- Things to do: Visit the Hidimba Devi temple, Manu temple, Manali Clubhouse and Manali Sanctuary. Also, enjoy shopping clothes and handicrafts
- How to reach: Nearest airport from Manali is at Bhuntar that is 50km away. By bus, you can take a state-run bus or private luxury coach. You can also drive in your own car. Various railway stations near Manali are Jogindernagar railway station and Chandigarh and Ambala railway stations. If you require any assistance regarding bookings then you can browse through Cleartrip.
- Popular hotels: Some popular hotels in Manali are Manali palace, Hotel Chetna and Rudra Palace.
If you want to visit a cultural city of India, then Amritsar is the right destination. The Golden temple located here is world-famous and this is the place you should visit in Amritsar before you die. Apart from that there are several museums, sightseeing options and amazing Punjabi food. Amritsari kulcha and lassi are the two main delicacies of this city.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Amritsar is from October to March, but September is also fine especially if you don’t mind the rains. Book your holiday trip in advance with the different websites available in the online.
- Things to do: You can visit the Golden Temple, Jallianwala Bagh, Akal Takht and Durgiana Temple.
- How to reach: You can reach through Amritsar by train, bus and flight. If you require any assistance regarding the bookings then you can visit the official website of Cleartrip.
- Popular hotels: The popular hotels in Amritsar are hotel Puri palace, Treebo fairway and Hotel Shiraz Regency.
If there are any tourist attractions in Mysore which are present nearby the hotels then extra incentives are offered by some businesses. The discounts are provided for the hotel rooms when you go for the tours in different cities.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Mysore is from mid-September to February. Book your holiday trip in advance with different websites available online.
- Things to do: You can visit Mysore Palace, Chamundeshwari temple, Brindavan gardens and Mysore Zoo.
- How to reach: You can reach through Mysore by train, bus and flight. If you require any assistance regarding the bookings then you can visit the official website of Cleartrip.
- Popular hotels: The popular hotels in Mysore are Pai Vista, Ginger Mysore and Aishwarya suites.
Chandigarh, popularly known as City Beautiful, is truly one of the most amazing cities of India in terms of beauty and cleanliness. It is a well-planned city with modern infrastructure. It has many sightseeing and recreational options for the locals and tourists alike. Also, it is very close to some popular holiday destinations in India like Kasauli, Chail, Shimla and Morni Hills.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Chandigarh is from mid-August to March. Book your holiday trip in advance with the different websites available in the online.
- Things to do: You can visit the Rock garden of Chandigarh, Sukhna lake, Elante Mall and Chhatbir Zoo. Enjoy food at some of the best restaurants. Nightclubs are also there for party animals.
- How to reach: Several trains ply from New Delhi To Chandigarh. So, you can reach Delhi and take a connecting train to Chandigarh if there is no direct train from your city. You can also take a train till Ambala that is 30min drive from Chandigarh. Regarding the air route, there are several domestic flights from all majot Indian cities to Chandigarh. From North Indian cities like Delhi and Amritsar, you can easily reach by road in just 5 hours.
- Popular hotels: The popular hotels in Chandigarh are Turquoise Chandigarh, Hotel Sapphire, Lemon Tree Hotel Chandigarh, The Altius Hotel and more.
Shillong is a breathtaking hill station in Northeast and is the capital of Meghalaya. You can enjoy amazing views of well-maintained gardens at Lady Hydari Park, get to know the friendly locals and do much more. The beauty of waterfalls, mountain peaks, lakes, and museums is worth exploring. September is perfect for visiting Shillong as rains are almost over and the place experiences a nice weather and looks refreshing.
- How to reach Shillong: There is no airport in Shillong. So you can take a flight till Umroi Airport near Barapani, 25 km away. By train, you can reach Guwahati first and then take a cab or bus to Shillong.
- Best Time to visit: September to May are ideal as rain is less and weather is nice.
- Things to do: Boating in Umiam Lake, Angling at Dawki, Trekking in the peaceful trails, Horse riding, River rafting, only if weather permits, camping, visiting the cleanest village Mawlynnong.
- Popular hotels: The Heritage Club, Hotel Polo Towers, Royal Heritage Tripura Castle, Hotel Alpine Continental, Hotel Orchid Annex.
So, you see that September is also a great month to plan a holiday, especially if you love monsoons and yet want to play safe. This is because by September most of the monsoon rains are over yet you can experience some last showers.