Nainital is one of the most spectacular hill stations in Northern India. It is known for its stunning views and irresistible offerings. Nainital is popular amongst honeymooners and couples as one of the most visited destinations in India. Naini Lake is one of the major attractions of Nainital, surrounded by the panoramic seven hills. Just 4 minutes away from the roadway bus stand, it offers kayaking, paddling and boating and other fun activities on its shore.
The quaint hill station of Nainital is named after this picturesque, natural freshwater lake, which is also a source of inspiration for many poets and writers. The alluring beauty of the still waters of this lake will make you fall in love with this place. The seven famous hills Ayarpata, Alma, Deopata, Cheena Peak, Handi Bandi, Sher-Ka-Danda surrounds this beautiful lake adding to its compelling beauty. Known as ‘Tririshi Sarovar’ in the Hindu scriptures, this lake was a meditation place of Atri, Pulaha and Pulastya, the three sages.
Why lake-view hotels in Nainital are in high demand?
Stunning during the day, the view of tranquil lakes is absolutely mesmerising at night. Although boating is not allowed at night, the glitzy lights of the various hotels around the lake reflected in the water appear as twinkling stars in the milky-way. The lake is conveniently located in the heart of Nainital City, which is easily accessible from Kathgodam.
Various accommodation options are available around the Naini Lake to provide vacationers with a wonderful holiday experience with spectacular views of this serene lake. Hotel Happy Home in Nainital is one of the lake-side budget hotels that offer you the liveliness of the busy town and alluring views of the Naini lake along with gratifying hospitality. This type of accommodation is mostly preferred by backpackers and families on a strict budget.
More about Nainital and hotels around it
Mallital and Nainital are the two parts of Nainital with a lake separating them. Located just 9 minutes away from the Naini Lake, Mallital is a stunning tourist destination, popularly known as Naina Devi. Every year many visitors come here to enjoy its ravishing beauty. Being higher than Nainital, it is surrounded by the gorgeous mountains of the Himalayas. Mallital also has 4-star hotels like Shervani Hilltop, Swiss Cottage and Vikram Vintage Inn. The world-class amenities and the impeccable hospitality offered by these hotels provide the best holiday experience to the visitors. Most of these hotels render the services at par with plush 5-star hotels at reasonable prices. Most of nainital hotels have a bar, in-house restaurants, concierge, currency exchange facility, massage centre, fitness centre, kids play area and other elite services to make your stay exceptional.
Nainital has abundant sight-seeing destinations which provide an exemplary experience to the visitors.
Some of the lesser-known facts about Naini Lake are as follows:
- Nainital holds a festival to honour the Godess Naina Devi. This is considered an important occasion and the town witnesses an influx of tourists at this time.
- It is believed that the left eye of Goddess Sati fell down where the Naini Lake is when Lord Shiva was carrying her corpse and thus it is an eye-shaped lake.
- Ruled by Khasis, this town was earlier known as Khadesh as per the Hindu scriptures. With their meditation, three sages dug a huge crater and filled it with water.
- Home to the stunning black-headed Jays, Nanital and the adjoining Kilbury Bird Sanctuary can be explored for their beautiful wildlife.
- Nainital accommodates an 18-hole golf course from the British Era, which was opened to the public only in 1994.
- This serene lake was discovered by the British Sugar Merchant P. Barron in 1839 and later on the Britishers decide to set up a European colony here.
- The Naina Devi temple was completely destroyed in the 1880s and has to be re-built.
Bhimtal is another quaint place which is just 22 km away from Nainital with a temple situated in the middle of the Bhimtal Lake. It is one of the hill stations that is visited by the travellers along with Nainital to enjoy its dazzling beauty. To make your stay convenient Country Inn Bhimtal is one of the recommended 4-star hotels here, offering lavish cottages and deluxe rooms for a lovely stay.
To book a convenient stay, Cleartrip.com is one of the best platforms, which offers various hotels suited to every budget and preference. It’s time to unwind in the unrivalled beauty of Nainital. Book your stay now to grab the best-priced deals on Cleartrip.com.