Mumbai is a place known for its cultural heritage, fast-paced lifestyle, vada-pav, Bollywood and much more. It attracts tourists from all over the world. This city experiences three seasons that is summers, monsoon, and winters. It is better to avoid travelling to Mumbai during the monsoons as the climate is humid and the streets may get water-logged. The best time to visit is the winters from November to February as the weather is pleasant during this time. The nights are cool and quite pleasant. Mumbai is well-connected to other cities in India by air, rail and road. The Chattrapati Shivaji Airport connects it to the different countries of the world.
Things You Must See & Experience in Mumbai
If you want to indulge in exciting adventure activities, then Mumbai is the best place for you. There are action-packed activities, such as bungee jumping and paintball that give you a chance to enhance your concentration skills and swiftness. These activities come under recreational adventure and are conducted under the supervision of trained professionals, so everyone is safe.
Tourists who enjoy long drives can rent a car and drive to Karjat. The panoramic views of the Buddhist caves, the birds and the green lands will actually make your trip to Mumbai a worthwhile experience. You can indulge in other activities in Mumbai such as paragliding, trekking, camping and rafting.
Attractions of Mumbai
If you take any of the Mumbai city tours, you can visit the various attractions of the city. In one day, you will get to see all the major sights of the city. It can be a cab tour, bus tour or ho-ho bus tour. Some key attractions of Mumbai are discussed below.
- The greatest landmark of this city is the Gateway of India, which has its own historical significance. The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Mahatma Gandhi’s residence, Nehru Park, hanging gardens, and the Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus station are some of the other popular attractions of this city.
- Other spots worth visiting include the Rajabhai clock tower and the Oval Cricket ground where many cricket matches are held. Another splendid piece of colonial architecture is the Bombay High Court.
- A drive to the Marine Drive will enhance your mood, especially during the sunset.
- The British who ruled India for many years have left behind various heritage sites like the Prince of Wales Museum, Flora Fountain, the National Gallery of Modern Art and many more.
Exploring Mumbai’s Cultures & Religions
Mumbai is a city which welcomes all. If you want to have a glimpse of the rich cultural diversity of India, then a visit to Mumbai is a must. Nowhere else will you see people from different religions, cultures, and ethnic backgrounds living together peacefully. There are places of worship for all the different religions here, which you can visit. This will make your trip memorable and soul peaceful.
There are different tour packages by travel companies wherein you can visit temples, churches, learn about the Parsis or the Zoroastrian residents of Mumbai. The oldest synagogues will give you a glimpse of the Jewish community and the Muslim community at the Mohammed Ali road. The religious tour cannot be complete if you do not visit the Mumbai Devi temple, the famous Siddhi Vinayak Temple and also the Haji Ali Mosque.
Enjoy the Imagica Water & Theme Park
- A theme park is the best place for some exciting fun for local residents as well as tourists. Once you enter this entertainment zone, you will find there are numerous options for entertainment for kids and adults like water slides and other remarkable adventurous rides that will exhilarate you.
- You can participate in the various fun events organised here. Visit this theme park with family and friends to have a wonderful time.
- Not just the entertainment park, but also the Snow Park is a centre of attraction for tourists. You can have some wonderful time here.
- There are many other theme parks that you can visit when in Mumbai, such as Essell World and Kidzania, which is indoors.
How to get cheap air tickets
The price of air tickets varies from one airline to another. Therefore, it is important to search, compare and book tickets in advance to get the best deals. You must, therefore, be aware of some strategic tips that will save you money on air travel.
- You must compare prices online by using reliable and accurate search engines. There are websites that will guide you in finding the cheapest rates to travel anywhere in the world.
- A simple and effective trick to find cheap flights is to book in advance. As soon as you decide to travel, search for cheap flights and book minimum 2-4 weeks in advance. As the date of journey approaches the flight prices will keep on increasing.
- Even though the airfare search engines are authentic, they may not exactly tell you about the best deals offered by airlines. Hence, you can follow various airlines on social media and stay abreast of the best deals. Look for offers, discounts or coupons. They will be advertised on the specific carrier’s site ONLY. These are limited time offers and are available for just a few days.
- For longer journeys, it is always wise to book connecting flights on multiple airlines rather than just one airline. If you travel on one airline to one destination, then book tickets on another airline for the other destination. If you break up your trip between carriers, then it is likely that you will save money.
- The booking of an air ticket should be done along with multiple items. This means that if you need a flight, a hotel and other transport, then rather than booking each separately, it is better to book all together. Here, again you are actually saving money by doing this.
- The best way to save money on air ticket is to sacrifice on a few comforts. You can save a lot by travelling in economy class even though you may be lacking on an extensive dinner menu and leg space.
- Avail student discounts and also sign-up for fare alerts.
Owing to numerous attractions and unique experiences, people from all over India visit Mumbai in large numbers every year. You can easily get domestic flights at cheap prices whether you need to book Delhi to Mumbai flights, Chennai to Mumbai flights, Kolkata to Mumbai flights or a flight from any other Indian city. Just ensure, you compare prices and choose a reliable airline.