The basic aim behind exhibitions is to showcase brands and make a mark in the global competitive market landscape. An exhibition can be of anything ranging from books, handicrafts, clothing, jewellery, food items, and electronic goods.
Round the year the global events and exhibitions calendar remains choc-a-bloc with large-scale trade shows and fairs exhibiting a wide array of selected products and services. Attending these exhibitions is a good way of getting acquainted with what is going on in the global arena vis-à-vis your product/service.
India hosts a number of national and international exhibitions and fairs every year. The list of events in India in 2019 seems to be endless but here is a handpicked list of the exhibitions you absolutely should not miss.
1. IHGF Delhi Fair, Spring 2019: Indian Handicraft & Gifts Delhi Fair is the best and the greatest handicrafts and gifts fair in the Asian continent. The fair is scheduled to be held from 18th to 22nd February 2019. Houseware, décor, gifts, fashion jewellery, textiles, furniture items and eco-friendly products are going to be displayed at the exhibition.
2. Renewable Energy India Expo: This is Asia’s largest expo on renewable energy resources organised by UBM India. It will be held at the India Expo Centre and Mart in Greater Noida region, near Delhi. The focus will be on exhibits of products related to energy, power and solar energy industries. The dates are 18th to 20th September 2019.
3. INDEX (International Interiors & Design Fair): INDEX is a leading international trade fair which brings together many creative minds behind interiors and architecture designing and their products. It is slated to be held in Mumbai at Mumbai Exhibition Centre from 1st May to 4th May 2019.
4. India International Travel & Tourism Exhibition: It is one of the largest platforms in Asia, meant to showcase the best in the travel and tourism sector. It sees a massive gathering of tour operators, hotel chains, cruise lines, airlines, and all others who are related to this sector. It will be held at Bandra Kurla Complex from 10th to 12th January 2019.
5. India International Fashion Jewellery & Accessories Show: It is dubbed as the Face of Costume and Fashion Jewellery in India. It is in its 13th year and will garner the attention of exhibitors and buyers from national and global destinations. IIFJAS will take place at the Mumbai Exhibition Centre from 6th July to 9th July 2019.
6. Electronica India: It is the frontrunner of trade fairs in India as well as Asia, dealing with showcasing of electronic components, applications and systems. The event will be held in Greater Noida in Delhi NCR from 25th to 27th September 2019.
7. National Garment Fair: CMAI (The Clothing Manufacturers Association of India) will organise NGF on 30th and 31st January 2019 at Bombay Exhibition Centre in Mumbai for accelerating the growth of the garment industry globally.
8. Bridal Asia: This is an international trade fair for showcasing bridal fashion. The best of wedding apparel, jewellery and accessories are displayed by premium names in the bridal fashion industry. You can find vendors to solve all your wedding-related needs, such as wedding invitation makers, wedding favours, wedding photographers, etc. The trade fair will be hosted by The Ashok Hotel on 2nd and 3rd March, 2019.
9. India Steel 2019: This is one of the biggest events to look forward to in the steel and metallurgy industry. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and Ministry of Steel have joined hands to present this exhibition-cum-conference scheduled from 22nd January to 24th January 2019 at Mumbai exhibition centre, Mumbai.
10. International Kolkata Book Fair: The 43rd International Kolkata Book Fair is a premier global book exhibition to be held at the Central Park Mela Ground from 30th January to 10th February 2019. This commercial book fair boasts of both national and regional publishers. It is a wonderful opportunity for writers, students, bookshop owners and publishers to pick up some excellent books from all over the world and interact with writers from all over the world.
If you want to be a part of some of the largest international exhibitions/ events you need to plan beforehand to avail air tickets and make your hotel reservations. Some of the best exhibitions outside India, in the year 2019, include:
1. Consumers Electronics Show: This is the largest trade show in the world held at the Las Vegas Convention Centre in Las Vegas, Nevada. Consumer technology masterminds and manufacturers are expected to be there from 8th January to 11th January 2019. It is a showcase for new products and technology in the electronics industry.
2. The London Book Fair: Book lovers from all over the world can connect with authors, publishing houses and creative industries at The London Book Fair. This fair is in its 48th year and scheduled to be held from 12th to 14th March at the Earl’s Court Exhibition Centre in London.
3. World Travel Catering & Onboard Services Expo: This is a leading event for the travel industry with a prime focus on travel catering and passenger comfort which witnesses a convergence of more than 4000 onboard professionals. It is going to be held in Hamburg Messe, Germany and the schedule is from 2nd to 4th April 2019.
4. Ladya-2019 The Spring Fantasy: If you are interested in Russian handicrafts, then “Ladya 2019 The Spring Fantasy” at the Expocentre Fairgrounds in Moscow is the place to be from 6th March and 10th March 2019. You can see beautiful handicrafts created from porcelain, enamel, lace, wood carvings, bone carvings, jewellery, ceramic and embroidery from various regions of Russia.
5. China Commodity Fair 2019: This is the National Trade Fair for exhibiting Chinese-quality consumer commodities and goods to be held at Expocentre Fairgrounds in Moscow. This is a 3-day event, scheduled from 18th to 20th June 2019.
6. International Apparel and Textile Fair 2019: This is a reputed global fair presenting the best in apparel, textile and fabric industries along with footwear and other accessories. IATF (9th edition) is to be held in Mena region in United Arab Emirates (UAE) on 2nd, 3rd and 4th April 2019.
7. GSMA Mobile World Congress: MWC happens to be the most prominent of all mobile tradeshows in the world. It is scheduled to kick start on 25th February 2019 in Barcelona where top phone brands will be showcasing their handsets.
8. Lightfair International: LFI is the largest and the most premier trade show exhibiting the best and latest in lighting and technology items and products. It is to be held at the Pennsylvania Convention Centre from 21st March to 23rd March 2019.
9. The New York Times Travel Show: This is a huge travel show held in New York, USA with a participation of around 170 countries from all across the world and over 550 exhibitors bringing all aspects of tourism under one roof. The scheduled dates are from 20th to 27th January 2019.
10. Hannover Messe: The Hannover Messe is a premier technology tradeshow being held from 1st to 5th April 2019 at the Hanover Fairground in Hanover, Germany. The focus areas are industrial automation, industrial supply & production, IT and energy and mobility technologies.
These are the major exhibitions happening in India and around the world in 2019. You can see which exhibitions suit your business and your interests and plan your travel schedule accordingly. All the hotels get booked very early around the places where the exhibitions are to be held, so it is advisable to book your tickets and your accommodation at the earliest.