The ‘Silicon Valley’ of India is the technology hub, which has many multi-national corporations. Always on the list of job-seekers, this well-known city is also known for many tourist attractions and cosmopolitan vibe. Bangalore is not just meant for workaholics; the city also offers several attractions and unique experiences for people who are looking forward to taking a ‘recreational’ break from their hectic schedule.
This capital city of Karnataka has some amazing offerings that can be included in your itinerary to make your vacation a wonderful experience. People from cities like Mumbai, Goa and Hyderabad often visit Bangalore to enjoy these wonderful tours and experiences. Depending on the route, you can look for the flight schedules and compare prices on various travel websites to see what suits you the best. For example, if you are travelling from Mumbai, search for cheap Mumbai to Bangalore flights to get all the details. Here are some of the experiences you can enjoy during your visit to Bangalore.
Enjoy Food Tours in Bangalore
Foodies love Bangalore for its lip-smacking street food and irresistible traditional cuisine. To enjoy the best of Bangalore food, trying out some of its exclusive food joints is imperative.
- A food tour to East Street in Frazer Town is truly worthy. For Biryani lovers, Wrestling Akhade is the best place to stop at. Give your day a fresh start by having your first meal at Basavangudi with Khali Dosa, Poori Sagu, Nippattu and an authentic filter coffee.
- Looking for some fine dining options? Dastarkhwan tops the chart with its Central Asian and the Middle-East inspired delicacies. Mughlai, Bhatkali, Hyderabadi, Kutchi or Bengali, the place has unlimited options to offer.
- To make your evenings interesting, don’t forget to check out the Johnson Market or Chamarajpet in Shankarpuram. While the former is known for its non-vegetarian delights, the latter can be explored for Bangalore-style dosas and vadas.
- For a sweet-toothed foodie, a Chocolate Tour at Jakkur is a mind-blowing deal.
Lively Theme Parks
The remarkable theme parks of Bangalore make it one of the most sought after holiday destinations of India.
- Innovative Film City is worth spending a day at exploring the amazing maze of mirrors, enthusiastic adventure sports and daunting hunted mansions. The adrenaline rides at the Aqua Kingdom, which is surrounded by a striking sandy beach and alluring wave pool must not be missed. North Indian and South Indian are the dominant cuisines in all its 4 restaurants.
- Housing more than 50 rides, Fun World is another exciting place where you can have a fun-filled day. The rides here have been broadly classified into four sections: Kids, Adult, Family and Adrenaline. Rain dance and water sports are the major highlights of this park.
- To beat the heat, step into Snow City and explore various thrilling activities like snowballing, fantasy snow castle, zorbing, climbing the rocky snow mountain and snow sliding. Watching a movie at the 9D theatre here is an unforgettable experience. Visitors are provided with sterilised winter gear like jerkins, shoes, gloves and socks on a returnable basis.
- Hit the adventurous wave pools at Water World in Bangalore, which offers more than 15 water rides and activities like Hurricane Cone, Fantastic Four, etc. Unwind at the Lazy River or dive into the wave pool to explore the real fun.
- Hit the loudest amusement park in Bangalore, Wonderla that will exhilarate you with its 60 fun-filled rides. Perfect for adventure-seekers, you can explore the 3D shows that range from laser shows to virtual ones. A wide range of cuisines is offered by its restaurants to tantalize your taste-buds.
The countless trekking options here give you a chance to explore the natural beauty of this lovely city.
ATV Bike Riding
To have an ideal getaway for a rejuvenating vacation, resorts should be your first choice. An all-inclusive deal offering food, beverages and other recreational facilities like gymnasium, spa, and wi-fi is a great way to make your vacation perfect. Bangalore offers posh resorts like RD’s Nature Retreat, Ramanashree California, Chairman’s Jade resort, Holiday Village, Elim Resort, La Classic Resort, Urban Valley, Talakadu Jaladhama and many more that are worth considering. These have some excellent amenities. Resorts like Wonderla also give you access to their amusement park.
These are some of the remarkable offerings that make Bangalore an interesting city. So, spending a weekend or a long vacation in this smart city is a perfect idea.