The carriage of a Guest is subject to SpiceJet regulations relating to the conditions of Non-International Carriage (Passenger and Baggage) framed in accordance with The Carriage by Air Act, 1972 and Notification regarding application of the Carriage which is non-international. These regulations are known as SpiceJet Non-International Carriage (passenger and baggage) Regulations 1992. The liability of the company for damage sustained in the event of the death or wounding of a passenger or any other bodily injury suffered by a passenger or by his registered baggage during the course of carriage by air will be governed by the provisions of sections 4,5,6 and the rules contained in the Second Schedule of Carriage by Air Act 1972 with certain exceptions, adaptations, modifications, etc. as notified in the Govt. of India, Ministry of Civil Aviation Notification and as amended from time to time. All disputes shall be subject to jurisdiction of Delhi only.
SpiceJet is a ticket less airline. An itinerary does not constitute a document of carriage. The Booking in the SpiceJet database is the primary record of carriage and in the event of any differences between the itinerary and the Booking in the SpiceJet database, the Booking will prevail.
All Guests, including children and infants, must present valid identification at check-in. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the appropriate travel documents at all times.
Guests check-in begins 2 hours prior to the flight for seat assignment and closes 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Schedule is subject to change and regulatory authority approvals.
Guests may carry a maximum of one piece of cabin baggage, as defined by BCAS guidelines, with an additional restriction of maximum weight of one piece of 7.0 kg, not to exceed 55cm + 35cm + 25cm (Total 115 cm). Due to airport security regulations, no cabin baggage is allowed on any flights originating from Jammu and Srinagar airports.
SpiceJet allows its Guests to check-in up to 20 kg of luggage, not to exceed 158 cm in overall dimensions (L+W+H), per paying passenger. Baggage in excess of 20 kg is subject to a fee to be paid at the airport at check-in. SpiceJet will accept excess baggage if space permits. SpiceJet may refuse to carry any luggage that does not comply with its policies.
- Bookings are non-refundable. Failure to show up for the flight at least 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure will result in the fare being forfeited.
- Bookings made through Travel Agents a non-refundable Transaction Fee will be collected directly by them.
- Changes to the date or time can be made to your Booking if you notify Spicejet at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure time by phoning the SpiceJet Sales & Reservation Centre or at the airport or through the SpiceJet internet web site at www.spicejet.com Guest name changes are not permitted. Changes to your reservation will result in a fee, as shown in the fare rules, plus any difference in the fare between the original fare paid and the fare for the revised booking.
- Where bad weather or instances beyond SpiceJet control has resulted in your flight being cancelled or delayed, SpiceJet will try to assist you to get to your destination, but will not be liable in any way for the delay or cancellation.
- SpiceJet assumes no liability for wear and tear to luggage (scratches, torn zippers, straps, wheels, handles, scuffs, dents, soiling or manufacturer defects).
- SpiceJet does not connect to other airlines; therefore, SpiceJet is not responsible for any losses incurred by our Guests while trying to connect to or from other airlines.
- The consumption of alcohol on board is strictly prohibited.
- SpiceJet reserves the right to refuse passage to any passenger that is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or where SpiceJet believes it is necessary for the safety and comfort of you or other Guests or for the protection of property.
- The reservation itinerary issued by the Company shall be subject to rules of cancellation made by the Company for the time being in force, which may be seen at our website www.spicejet.com or at our offices on request.
Special Rules and Charges for Certain Customers
- Smoking is not permitted on any SpiceJet aircraft.
- SpiceJet highly recommends that you remove all valuables (cameras, jewelry, money, electronics, perishables, etc.) and medication from your check-in luggage and place them in your carry-on. SpiceJet will not accept responsibility for these items.
- In case, the passenger decides to carry any valuables in their checked-in baggage against the above advice; they will do this at their own risk and shall not hold SpiceJet responsible for any pilferage / damage / etc. to such valuables. They shall lay no claim against SpiceJet, its employees, agents, successors etc in this regard.
- Guests will be subjected to a security screening prior to boarding the aircraft. This is mandatory per Indian Regulations.
- The company reserves to itself the right, without assigning any reason, to cancel or delay the commencement or continuance of the flight or to alter the stopping place or to deviate from the route of the journey or to change the type of aircraft in use without thereby incurring any liability in damages or otherwise to the passengers or any other person on any ground whatsoever. The Company also reserves to itself the right to refuse to carry any person whom it considers unfit to travel or who in the opinion of the company may constitute risks to the aircraft or to the persons on board.
- If at any stage it is found that the aircraft with the booked load or passengers will be over loaded, the Company will have the right to decide which passengers or articles shall be off-loaded and such decision shall be binding.
- The Company is not liable for any loss or damage occasioned by delay in the carriage by air of passengers or baggage. Receipt without complaint of registered baggage on the termination of the journey shall be prima facie evidence that the baggage has been delivered correctly and in good condition.
- The Carrier's liability for loss, delay or damage to baggage is limited to Rs 200 per kg with a maximum of Rs 3000 only. The Carrier assumes no liability for fragile or perishable articles.
- In the event of death of a passenger, or any bodily injury or wound suffered by a passenger which results in a permanent disablement incapacitating him from engaging in or being occupied with his usual duties or business occupation, the liability of the Carrier for each passenger shall be Rs 500,000 only if the passenger is 12 years or more of age and Rs 250,000 if the passenger is below 12 years of age on the date of the accident.
- Children under the age of 12 require adult accompaniment at all times.
- Except in the case of its act(s) or omissions done with intent to cause damage or recklessly and with knowledge that damage would probably result, SpiceJet shall not be liable for errors or omissions in timetables or other published schedules, or for representations made by employees, agents or representatives of SpiceJet as to the dates or time of departure or arrival or as to the operation of any flight.
- SpiceJet provides water and a light snack free of charge on all its flights to all our Guests
- Infants under the age of 2 years, and not occupying a seat, are subject to a fee of Rs. 275 plus the government PSF tax of Rs.225.
- The use of wheelchairs is limited to only 4 guests per flight.
- Sports/Skiing equipment will be subject to a fee of Rs. 500 per equipment, per sector.
- This Booking is non-refundable. Failure to show up for the flight at least 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure will result in the fare being forfeited
- Cancellations to bookings may be made up to two (2) hours prior to the scheduled departure time for a fee of Rs 750 per person, per one way.
- Guest name changes are not permitted.
All fares are subject to change until purchased.
If you cancel a booking, Cleartrip levies a cancellation processing fee of Rs 250 per passenger per segment. Remember that this is in addition to the airline’s own cancellation charges. If you make an amendment to your booking, we charge an amendment processing fee of Rs 250 per passenger per sector. Cleartrip’s fees are standard across all airlines.
All tickets issued to the customer shall additionally be governed under the terms and conditions as laid out by Spice Jet Airlines on www.spicejet.com
|Class of travel
Any excess baggage beyond the permissible Free Baggage Allowance will be charged at carriage rates that vary from sector to sector. These rates are available with the airline upon request.
- If you need to make amendments to your tickets, let us know and we’ll help you out.
- If you are holding e–tickets, you can cancel online on our website if the cancellation request is made more than 3 hours prior to the scheduled time of your flight. If the cancellation request is submitted less than 3 hours, you need to contact the airlines to get your reservation cancelled.
- The above mentioned cancellation process and refund processing time may vary.