by RupamD_13 on Apr 12, 2013
There is no place compared to shilon resort in terms or pure beauty and nature at its best. I never never seen a 33 acre property in the hills on the main road of a national highway. Staff is courteous (mostly from the village shilon bagh), rooms have an amazing view, good privacy and great place to go for a holiday with friends or family. Exactly what i wanted - something away from city life.
by Hanupriya on May 14, 2013
The property has such an amazing location, that I'd put up with a lot to be there. It is far off from civilization, stress and worries. I'd rate service as poor to average, however, I expect too much having been a part of the hospitality industry. If you are traveling with young children (mine was 3 and a half), you will have some trouble getting food appropriate for them. The chef/staff forget the standard recipe. For example, we ordered buttered veg. for lunch and it was great, with a dash of herbs and no pepper. However, when we ordered it for dinner, it was pepper veg with no herbs with extra salt... Also, the kitchen closes at 9:30 PM or something, so no late nights unless you don't mind frozen food (It was cold in mid-june).
I highly recommend this hotel for its location, apple orchards and amazing open spaces. Stock up liquor, have lower expectations, and do have maggi at the chaiwala's outside the hotel!
by sandeep s on May 20, 2013
One of the worst managed property in the hotel industry. Starting from the booking till the time you check out, every instance make you believe that you are being ripped off.
Though the property is at a wonderful location, the facility is poorly managed:
1. Room service was limited as most of the time the selected item (e.g. mushroom etc) was not available and hence "can not be made"
2. Newspaper was not allowed to be removed from the lobby (forget about getting a news paper in the morning as only 4-5 copies are ordered)
3. Bathroom soap was so cheap that we had to buy our own soaps.
4. Shaving kits were not available and the request was answered so rudely. The only shop in the hotel was closed for a few days.
5. Medical kit only had a few tablets and our request for a pain relieving ointment was not fulfilled considering that the nearest town is at least 1 hour drive.
6. We reached the hotel late night after blocking a duplex room in the afternoon over the phone. However since our room was very far, we requested for a classic room closer to the main area. But the Booking Manager informed that the rate will be same as we would have to pay INR 2,500 for a child per night (even though the hotel website says that it is close to 900 per night for an extra bed for a child. During the phone, we were informed that a classic room will be INR 5,000 and the Duplex was 7,666).
God Bless such people who wish to rip off by taking advantage of a wonderful location.
Cleartrip’s hotel ratings take into account numerous factors such as independent rating systems like FHRAI, media recognition and post-trip feedback from our customers. We make all attempts to keep this information up to date, but cannot guarantee service levels at the hotel to be consistent.