by Joao F on Jan 08, 2015Hotel
Awesome hotel, great quality in both service, food and staff. Indoor pool and spa.
Great surrounding areas, especially for golf players.
We have been there during the new year's eve which had a fantastic program and animation.
Only downside is the paid wifi.
by Richard M on Nov 21, 2014Hotel
I booked this hotel which included unlimited golf through Your Golf Travel. I had read mixed reviews about the resort prior to going so had my doubts, yet the golf
course did sound good.
Any how, we arrived and were warmly greeted. The gold had been booked prior to arriving and were told that a free shuttle would take us to the clubhouse and first tee. This was great. It is actually walkable, about 5 minutes maximum but a shuttle is easy and very accessible. Before I arrived I thought it was weird that the second tee and tenth green are outside the hotel, but having spoken to people living in Portugal I now understand what has happened. The golf course was built and two or three hotels, all owned by brothers have been built around it. Thus the reason that the hotel is next to the course but is not actually part of it, if that makes sense.
Nevertheless from a golfing point of view, it is great. When playing the course, the ladies and junior tees are red, followed by general play for down to 15 handicappers are blue, yellow and white tees for low handicaps and tournaments. We played from the blue and found that challenging enough, from the yellow one day it was tough! Great course set among trees and lakes, ocean views and sand. A great mix, even the short holes are hard but very nice to play on, and well kept.
As for the hotel, we stayed three nights. We ended up in the bar after golf every day, about 6 euros a pint (crisps and nuts free). After a shower in a lovely room it was into town. The hotel has some very nice restaurants, but for us it was eating out in town. The taxi costs about 6 euros also, and there is no problem getting a taxi back to the hotel. We also used the spa, the indoor swimming pool and sauna. Quite small but very nice and enjoyable.
We took a taxi from Lisbon airport to the hotel which was 55 euros, yet on the way back we used a local guy called Carlos from the taxi rank at Cascais and charged a mere 40 euros. Happy to supply his number if anyone wants it. Excellent English, very friendly and great knowledge of football and golf!
Overall golf was great, hotel was excellent, staff very friendly and helpful, and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Is it a 5 star, I think so yes. If it was in London or Dubai then no, but in Portugal yes.
by Kate M on Nov 10, 2014Hotel
We stayed here for a week in September, and really recommend this hotel. We felt at home here immediately and had a lovely, relaxing week.
- the bar and restaurant share a mesmerising view over the infinity pool, golf course and lakes; we had drinks here every evening
- the hotel arranged for us to share a private corridor with two rooms next to each other - perfect for our family group of two couples
- the rooms were large and comfortable with balconies and excellent housekeeping
- golf was easily arranged, had a choice of courses, and the courses were really enjoyable
- the spa worked hard to accommodate appointments, and was very good
- choice of indoor and outdoor pools, plus sauna and steam room
- we loved Cascais and spent a lot of time there, including dinner every evening
- Lisbon and Sintra were easy to get to for a day out
- sister hotel nearby is more contemporary / designer if you're in the mood
- staff were warm, friendly and wonderful; they arranged a birthday cake and prosecco for my dad without being asked, and arranged a packed breakfast for my parents when they left at 4.30am for their flight home
- it was late September and the weather was just about perfect
- our rental car was securely parked in the underground car park
- although not everything was low cost, we felt value for money was very good
Some room for improvement:
- on occasion there could have been more staff at busy times (breakfast with coffee and replacement of dishes, evening with ordering and paying for drinks)
- breakfast had a lot of choice and variety, but it was the same every day
- the shuttle bus to the golf course was late on our first golf day, so we were late for our allotted time
- wi-fi was available by the bar but really should be accessible throughout the hotel
All 4 in our group - ages from 35 to 68 - left feeling happy, relaxed and spoiled and would stay at Quinta da Marinha again.
by Jarkko K on Jan 01, 2015Hotel
I have been 3 times in same hotel and always been excellent. Middle of golf course easy to just enjoy the holiday, summer time nice pool and and good service. Breakfast was good including all what you need. Hotel is quite big so pls. Ask the room direction when you make the booking. Pool and sauna also inside. Spa treatments.
by pelicanoPortugal on Jan 04, 2015Hotel
We spent the new's year night at this hotel.
The room was normal, not that big and with two small queen beds. The size of the TV was anedoctical small and the shower was poorly designed and there is water everywhere after we take a shower. The amenities was also very few for a 5 star hotel.
The service at the reception and at the breakfast was good.
The quality and variety of the breakfast food was very good and the room was very sunny and spacious.
They have a lot of places to park your car also.
I think I was just expecting a bit more in a five star hotel.
Cleartrip’s hotel ratings take into account numerous factors such as independent rating systems like FHRAI, media recognition and post-trip feedback from our customers. We make all attempts to keep this information up to date, but cannot guarantee service levels at the hotel to be consistent.