by DRSJPESQ on Apr 20, 2014Hotel
Probably the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at.
1) Staff: Super friendly and easy going. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a larger room along with complimentary drinks.
2) Free Parking: Garage is located in hotel.You don't want to deal with parking in Cascais. Better yet take the train from Lisbon. The station is a 10 minute walk
3) Top Notch Health Club: The gym in the hotel is not a hotel gym. It is an actual gym used by people in the area. It would be the equivalent of an Equinox in the US. You also have access to the gym and the classes.
4) Location: Easy access to Cascais beach, train station and the beach. The beaches in Cascais and great, but if you have a car (or a scooter) I would go Praia Guincho (15 to 20 min drive.
5) Breakfast: Best I have ever had in a hotel. Wide selection of meats, lox, pastries, cheeses and egg dishes.
by Smithwicks78 on Apr 18, 2014Hotel
One of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in. That is a big statement but one that we feel is deserved after a wonderful week in Miragem Cascais. At
the check in, we were given a complimentary upgrade which was a lovely start to our holiday. The lobby of the hotel is amazing. Our room was top class, very clean and a lovely bathroom. We didn't have a double bed which was a bit disappointing. No iron in room but we got one delivered to the room without any hassle. The view from our room was amazing overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The size of the hotel is huge (10,000 sq mts) with so many areas for quiet relaxation. The fit out of the hotel must have cost an absolute fortune, the furniture and fittings are so extravagant but yet so tasteful. The lifts in the hotel were the best we've ever used, fast, clean and with lovely sea views. The hotel was immaculately clean. Everything was polished daily. We've never stayed in a cleaner hotel. The room service was very good and every request was delivered without delay. The pool area was beautiful with plenty of loungers and nice towels provided daily. The walk from the Miragem was about 10 mins to the centre of Cascais along the sea front. Taxi from the centre of Cascais to Miragem was always between €4.50 & €5. The daily breakfast in the Miragem was excellent with plenty of hot & cold choices.
We had a few small complaints from our week in Miragem which didn't affect our overall very enjoyable stay in Cascais:
1. Staff continually took away our plates, cutlery & cups during breakfast before we had finished. Very annoying at times.
2. The outdoor pool was freezing. Maybe in summer it heats up?
3. Booked a taxi to the airport with a concierge in the hotel. Taxi cost €55. Taxis in Cascais village were charging a fixed cost of €40/€45
by Pacifica461 on Apr 15, 2014Hotel
Friendly helpful and professional. We are happy with our decision to stay here and train into Lisbon. The ocean is lovely and the town is nice to walk around and dine. Pleasant parks nearby also. We had a terrific dinner, gourmet and regional and light.
by David O on Apr 14, 2014Hotel
This was my second stay at the Miragem and it was lovely. Big rooms with spacious bathroom and walk in shower. I also had a great view from my terrace over the pool and out onto the sea beyond. The hotel is on the main road between Estoril and Cascais but both are easily walkable along the beach path.In two days I walked three times into Cascais (10 mins) and once into Estoril (15 mins) but taxis are also cheap and plentiful here. Great venue for golf (8 courses close by inc. Estoril championship course) or the beach and although I didn't try they have a major health club and spa on site here. Breakfast was a nice wide ranging buffet and wifi was free and easy to use. Highly recommended.
by ClaireMSB on Apr 04, 2014Hotel
Having previously been to Lisbon, I had made a trip out to Cascais after hearing great things. Fell in love with the location and I was determined to come back again and did two years later. The location is beautiful and Cascais has all the essentials. The hotel had such a relaxed atmosphere and staff were always pleasant. The perfect place to soak up some sun, relax and do nothing. I came back from my holiday thoroughly refreshed.
Cleartrip’s hotel ratings take into account numerous factors such as independent rating systems like FHRAI, media recognition and post-trip feedback from our customers. We make all attempts to keep this information up to date, but cannot guarantee service levels at the hotel to be consistent.