by HydBir on Dec 09, 2013
Visited this hotel on my recent visit to Chennai for lunch. The buffet spread is good and taste is quite authentic as well. Chat options are reasonable. Liked the spread of desserts. Staff is reasonably attentive and responsive.
by iVizz on Dec 09, 2013
Fortune Select Palms is located on OMR after the toll when coming from Chennai city or Airport. It is a small cozy property, nested in a corner on the service road parallel to the main road. It is not easy to spot from the main road, so make sure you refer to google maps to spot it in advance.
I was here for a single night in December and my package included airport transfer, food and room.
- Overall service right from the Airport was very warm and nice.
- The airport rep was easy to spot,
- Check in and check out process was fast and quick,
- Food was average if I have to compare with other star hotels. The Dinner buffet was INR750 and it was definitely overpriced for its location / buffet variety / quality of food
- Breakfast did not have bacon, which was a spoil sport for me
- Only issue we faced was when 4 of us were checking out, 3 of us went ahead and asked for bill in advance and 1 of us offered to pay for the 4th person. We made the settlement and were halfway on the road towards our flight, when we get a call to turnaround saying 4th person bill is still pending. Though they offered an option for us to pay cash to the driver, none of us were carrying so much cash on a business trip (only AMEX). Hotel should have just charged it to the card that was blocked for deposit instead of making us go back all the way and almost missing our flight.
by Sree_Equinox on Nov 22, 2013
I stayed at the Fortune Select Palms during a business visit which was the first time. Must confess, was pleasantly surprised. The stay was comfortable, not out of the world, yet made so by the courteous staff, peaceful and most suitable if you have a business visit to the IT hubs nearby.
What was really fantastic was the food - the spread was good, taste was excellent and the ambience pleasant. We ordered for some chicken wings and it really tasted yummtastic! Coming from a Hyderabadi, it is no less a compliment. We did share this specifically to the Chef (Selva).
I would have given a 5 star if only the AC in the room functioned efficiently :-(. That for me was a slight let down. Hope that is one off.
All in all - value for money!
by buthup on Dec 04, 2013
Location : Off the city limits, if you have work in the city during the day, you will end up paying toll tax.
Lobby : Reasonably large lobby , though could have done with more seating facility.
Staff : Trained and helpful and professional
Restaurant : Good restaurant , with a good spread for break fast.
Rooms : Rooms are large. Bath room showers are not working well. The WC does not have a water spout facility. The designer probably designed for foreigners, but could not find many in their clientele. The bath area is not covered with plastic curtain leaving the entire bathroom wet when you bath.
Furniture in the Room : Good utilitarian furniture.
Toiletries : Leaves a lot to be desired, does not offer shampoo . Has a dispenser that works as both. Quality is substandard. The wash basin area does not have a magnifying mirror for shaving.
Summary: Overall a hotel you would want stay only if you have work in old mahabalipuram road. There are many other options in city. Comparing their property in Ahmedabad , this pales in quality. If you better options available, give this one a miss.
by Yodavonbeck on Nov 29, 2013
I have stayed a few times here and some things are good and some things are bad, which is why the review is average.
The people are all friendly and the car service is attentive.
The restaurant is nice, the food is good and staff is attentive.
The rooms are OK in size etc.
The bad is around the internet and ventilation in the bathroom.
On my latest stay the internet speed, was bad....I mean really bad. Forget streaming, forget even being able to go on Facebook or any simple website...
The bathroom ventilation is not good and adding that to the fact that Chennai is humid, makes the experience wet.
Cleartrip’s hotel ratings take into account numerous factors such as independent rating systems like FHRAI, media recognition and post-trip feedback from our customers. We make all attempts to keep this information up to date, but cannot guarantee service levels at the hotel to be consistent.