by Jamessta on May 16, 2013
If you need a high quality hotel in Bangalore and have exacting standards of service, food and environment then like me, you will enjoy staying at the Alila Bangalore. I hardly took advantage of most of the facilities such as the lovely looking pool and spa; but I ate joyously and used the personalised service of the duty manager many times and found nothing was too much trouble. Will definitely stay here next time I am in Bangalore.
by cborkhetaria on May 15, 2013
Stayed at Hotel Alila for 5 days/6 nights and was really impressed! I've never stayed at a better hotel in India, let alone Bangalore. Here's what I liked:
- open air lobby is beautiful, tropical, exotic-feeling
- spa was tranquil, clean, professional, and a great value
- rooms were well appointed, modern, stylish, and very comfortable
- loved the longer plush pillows!
- the handsoap was ahhmazing - not even kidding! - all natural and wonderful
- food was fantastic, fresh juices and the weekly friday night bbq were the best
- service from main staff was also amazing - friendly, warm, and very welcoming
- balcony was clean and nice to have
- the rooftop pool was SO AWESOME! I loved swimming there daily. Clean and pretty.
- two big malls nearby, Forum Value Mall and Phoenix Mall (bigger)
- airport/office transfer was super convenient as well
- gym was great, usually empty and you can bring your own mp3 player and jam out
What I didn't like:
- support staff was lower than average - calling for in-room dining was frustrating
- waiters were hit or miss - some items took 30min+ to arrive even though I was told 7min
- gym could have been better ventilated or air conditioned
- a/c went out my last night there, BUT I was put in another room (minimum expectation)
Overall it was a magnificent stay!
by Sayappan on May 15, 2013
Having stayed at the Alila in a suite room for several months, I can heartily recommend it. All our requests have been handled promptly and everyone, from the front desk staff to the management have shown a genuine desire to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The internet access in our room has now been upgraded to a level which is suitable for all business travellers, and during periods away from the hotel, we were able to leave our luggage in a secure left luggage area. Special dietary requirements have been catered for by the F and B department, and the chefs have also given us personalised attention. Cars are also available for trips into the city.
Cleartrip’s hotel ratings take into account numerous factors such as independent rating systems like FHRAI, media recognition and post-trip feedback from our customers. We make all attempts to keep this information up to date, but cannot guarantee service levels at the hotel to be consistent.